Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug wont take over playcalling

Wow, nice to see the imbeciles already turned on Doug [BLEEP] Pederson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-26-2023, 07:29 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 07:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was a guard last year as well.  Hes a center not a guard.  A player playing out of position can absolutely make a difference on their play.  Put him in his natural element and see how he does.

He's been playing guard for 2 years for us now.  We're not moving him to Center.  Sorry if you think that would help anything.  

As I said to NYC4Jags, he's having a hard time at guard.  Why would you think putting him at Center is going to make him perform better??  I think that's just wishfull thinking.

The [BLEEP] are you talking about?
I've been pointing out how bad he is since the bye week of last season. 
Why the hell would anyone need to tell me of all people this? 

get your story straight

(12-26-2023, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow, nice to see the imbeciles already turned on Doug [BLEEP] Pederson.

I don't feel like anyone is turning on Doug in a vacuum, people are turning on the idea of Doug plus Press. If the choice is Doug but Press continues to call plays or nothing then I'll take the nothing.

People remember for 9 weeks we ran an average route depth of 9 yards right. Then Doug gets called out on it and we start running deeper routes and Lawrence goes 12 tds to 1 int, Lawrence gets an ankle injury and he goes back to bland play calling. We've had issues with getting playcalls in all year. We are 31st in wr screens top half in rb screens but we run WR screens all the time. Doug admitted the WR ran the wrong routes on the ints and that it was due to the WRs not getting the signals which begs the question why were those plays even allowed to be changed seeing as how the QB missed all week.

I'm tired of the players not plays BS that has deluded this team and fans into thinking it's always only on the players. Look at the Chiefs the WRs suck but so does the play calling without Eric Bieniemy. The Chiefs look like the Bears did under Naggy but with the benefit of having Mahomes.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(12-26-2023, 10:47 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow, nice to see the imbeciles already turned on Doug [BLEEP] Pederson.

I don't feel like anyone is turning on Doug in a vacuum, people are turning on the idea of Doug plus Press. If the choice is Doug but Press continues to call plays or nothing then I'll take the nothing.

People remember for 9 weeks we ran an average route depth of 9 yards right. Then Doug gets called out on it and we start running deeper routes and Lawrence goes 12 tds to 1 int, Lawrence gets an ankle injury and he goes back to bland play calling. We've had issues with getting playcalls in all year. We are 31st in wr screens top half in rb screens but we run WR screens all the time. Doug admitted the WR ran the wrong routes on the ints and that it was due to the WRs not getting the signals which begs the question why were those plays even allowed to be changed seeing as how the QB missed all week.

I'm tired of the players not plays BS that has deluded this team and fans into thinking it's always only on the players. Look at the Chiefs the WRs suck but so does the play calling without Eric Bieniemy. The Chiefs look like the Bears did under Naggy but with the benefit of having Mahomes.

You shouldn't have to explain this when its been mentioned a number of times.  Hes not smart enought to understand this.

(12-26-2023, 09:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s not protecting Press, by doing this. He’s protecting himself.

?

(12-26-2023, 11:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-26-2023, 10:47 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I don't feel like anyone is turning on Doug in a vacuum, people are turning on the idea of Doug plus Press. If the choice is Doug but Press continues to call plays or nothing then I'll take the nothing.

You shouldn't have to explain this when its been mentioned a number of times.  Hes not smart enought to understand this.

I understand that people like you are incapable of assessing root cause and therefore lay blame in the wrong place. The coaching is good enough, the players in one particular group are bad. Doug Pederson is already the second best coach we've ever had and likely will be the best by the time he's done yet people are legit saying they can't have him deciding how this team is run. It's laughable. Maybe he does move on from his assistants this offseason and maybe not, but either way if the lines don't improve it won't change much on the field.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Or, mayyyybe, Doug and Trevor are checked out mentally because both plan on bailing to NE once the season is over.

Let the wheels of conspiracy spin unfettered!

(12-27-2023, 08:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or, mayyyybe, Doug and Trevor are checked out mentally  because both plan on bailing to NE once the season is over.

Let the wheels of conspiracy spin unfettered!

Oh lawd, please don't make this worse.

(12-26-2023, 10:47 PM)Protozoa Wrote:

Lots to unpack here. 

1st -The bolded -  Think back to the second game in London when we beat the Bills, TL was hit something like 12 or 13 times. He took punishment in order to throw downfield over and over that morning.  In my recollection - after that game - that is when the staff began calling fewer downfield shots. Clearly trying to not get the QB murdered like that again. 
Then the outcry a few weeks later. "too many short passes, depth of target, blah, blah" 
Then the shots downfield rev up again. 
Then the injuries come one after the other for our QB. Knee, ankle, concussion. 

Are you able to connect any dots here??
Do you see any correlation between depth of target and injuries to our QB? 
Can you think of a position group at fault for that? 

I'm not saying its is ALL the OL - but it is damn near. Fix the line - fix this offense. 

Backups not communicating on hand signals and calls at the LOS is kind of a stretch to pin on coaching IMO, but OK. They should have known when to be looking for that I guess. Sure seems a lot more like a backup doing backup things to me. 

I personally don't mind seeing the fans who are narrow-mindedly focused on plays turn on Doug. 
I think Doug is a great coach, but most of the folks whining about plays are actually whining about Doug's scheme and not the guy calling it - they just don't realize it because they aren't paying a lick of attention when those plays work. They only think they are bad calls when they fail. 

But they are plays that Doug designed - and the liberal use of short passes and screens is inherently part of his scheme. The guy calling them is doing it well enough to satisfy the guy who schemed the whole thing up. 
So yeah - I think most of the "press sux" crowd actually has more of an issue with Doug than they do Press Taylor. Some of them are just beginning to figure that out. 

Of course - I think they are wrong, but whatever. 
If folks don't recognize horrible execution when they see it, I can't fix them.

"The one thing that I know, being around this league, is everybody wants to point the finger somewhere," Pederson said. "We've got to do a better job at taking care of the football. It's not about the plays. -Doug Pederson.

Smh. Is this the same guy thats touted to be an "offensive minded and a QB whisperes".

Sorry fellers, i'm off the bandwagon.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 02:27 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

I dont know who is ultimately responsible for the poor offensive performance. I suspect that its some percentage mix of both playcalling and execution. Some of the situational playcalling has been baffling for sure, and the execution has been inconsistent at best. It makes me wonder if there would be any noticable improvement were Doug actually calling all the plays. If he does, and we get the same results, are we calling for his head ?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-27-2023, 02:25 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: "The one thing that I know, being around this league, is everybody wants to point the finger somewhere," Pederson said. "We've got to do a better job at taking care of the football. It's not about the plays. -Doug Pederson.

Smh. Is this the same guy thats touted to be an "offensive minded and a QB whisperes".

Maybe pederson should go get his old buddy coach frank reich.

I'm not turning on Doug, but I specifically wanted him because he was going to be the play-caller. If he's not the play-caller, he is much less attractive and I'm not sold on him as much. The leash shortens at that point.

(12-27-2023, 02:25 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: "The one thing that I know, being around this league, is everybody wants to point the finger somewhere," Pederson said. "We've got to do a better job at taking care of the football. It's not about the plays. -Doug Pederson.

So you don't understand what he's saying. Adios then.

Edit: Do we care if a troll account made this month leaves? Nah...

(12-27-2023, 03:03 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I'm not turning on Doug, but I specifically wanted him because he was going to be the play-caller. If he's not the play-caller, he is much less attractive and I'm not sold on him as much. The leash shortens at that point.

Exactly exactly right

(12-27-2023, 03:03 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I'm not turning on Doug, but I specifically wanted him because he was going to be the play-caller. If he's not the play-caller, he is much less attractive and I'm not sold on him as much. The leash shortens at that point.

That isn't why I wanted him. I wanted him as a successful branch of the Reid tree with a Super Bowl to his credit. I didn't want him to be the OC, I wanted the head coach.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2023, 03:23 PM by Jag88.)

(12-27-2023, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

That isn't why I wanted him. I wanted him as a successful branch of the Reid tree with a Super Bowl to his credit. I didn't want him to be the OC, I wanted the head coach.

Even Mike McCarthy calls his own place. It’s like Superman not using his flying skills. Haha 

Jokes aside, we wouldn’t be questioning him not being the play caller as much if there was some confidence in the current one. He might be a nice guy, but he doesn’t appear ready for prime time. I’m sure he’s good at preparing players maybe and game planning maybe but not calling plays.

(12-27-2023, 03:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That isn't why I wanted him. I wanted him as a successful branch of the Reid tree with a Super Bowl to his credit. I didn't want him to be the OC, I wanted the head coach.

Even Mike McCarthy calls his own place. It’s like Superman not using his flying skills. Haha 

Jokes aside, we wouldn’t be questioning him not being the play caller as much if there was some confidence in the current one. He might be a nice guy, but he doesn’t appear ready for prime time. I’m sure he’s good at preparing players maybe and game planning maybe but not calling plays.

And yet, the offense was most successful last year when Press rather than Doug was calling the plays. Again, people picked this really weird hill back in the preseason and just won't budge off it.

(12-27-2023, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Sure, but one of the things that makes Reid such an amazing coach is the fact that he calls his own plays and there isn't anyone that's going to run his playbook better than him.

If you didn't want the head coach calling the plays, are you saying you'd have been perfectly fine with a defensive minded head coach?

(12-27-2023, 04:13 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That isn't why I wanted him. I wanted him as a successful branch of the Reid tree with a Super Bowl to his credit. I didn't want him to be the OC, I wanted the head coach.

Sure, but one of the things that makes Reid such an amazing coach is the fact that he calls his own plays and there isn't anyone that's going to run his playbook better than him.

If you didn't want the head coach calling the plays, are you saying you'd have been perfectly fine with a defensive minded head coach?

I wouldn't even waste my keystrokes on homers like him.