Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fred Taylor HOF finalist

I love Fred Taylor but exactly why should he be in HOF? He has no First Team All Pros or Super Bowls, he never led the league in any stat at all, except one year he led in yards per game. Not yards, TD, yards per rush, nothing. Imo, you should have a credible case to be the best in your position for at least one year to get into the hall. He was good, but never the best.

Same reason why Frank Gore shouldn’t make it in my opinion, Frank has more of a case because of his longevity playing one of the most physically demanding positions in the game. I can see arguments against him, but I think having the record for most games played as an RB is HOF worthy. Also having exactly 16000 rushing yards is pretty cool

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2023, 07:18 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: I love Fred Taylor but exactly why should he be in HOF? He has no First Team All Pros or Super Bowls, he never led the league in any stat at all, except one year he led in yards per game. Not yards, TD, yards per rush, nothing. Imo, you should have a credible case to be the best in your position for at least one year to get into the hall. He was good, but never the best.

Same reason why Frank Gore shouldn’t make it in my opinion, Frank has more of a case because of his longevity playing one of the most physically demanding positions in the game. I can see arguments against him, but I think having the record for most games played as an RB is HOF worthy. Also having exactly 16000 rushing yards is pretty cool

Super Bowls are team victories and the Pro Bowl is voted on by fans, putting all small market teams at a major disadvantage.  He lost pro bowl and all pro appearances to Corey Dillon and Eddie George.  I don't think anyone, today, thinks Corey Dillon and Eddie George were better than Fred.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-30-2023, 07:18 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: I love Fred Taylor but exactly why should he be in HOF? He has no First Team All Pros or Super Bowls, he never led the league in any stat at all, except one year he led in yards per game. Not yards, TD, yards per rush, nothing. Imo, you should have a credible case to be the best in your position for at least one year to get into the hall. He was good, but never the best.

Tell me you didn't see him play without telling me you didn't see him play. The rest of your shtick now makes sense. Congrats, you just played yourself.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume your to young to have watched him play.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]