Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars @ Titans talk, win and we’re in

(01-02-2024, 10:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 09:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Mike Vrabel today.  Does he seem a bit down cast?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/...061482007/

He had his palm over his face about half the time they cut to him on the sideline Sunday.
Dude is fed up with their situation right now. 
I don't think that's gonna change their fate this Sunday if the Jags can manage to limit mistakes, though. 

That's a really big if these days, I know.

Could he be thinking about this?  maybe?  Looked for a date but it only said 1 day ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mik...r-AA1mk5YI
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-coach-mi...on-it-suck

They are going to throw everything they have at us. Have to be ready

(01-03-2024, 09:20 AM)Newton Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-coach-mi...on-it-suck

I think it's more likely that they are a terrible team and we play down to their level like we always do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't really expect Kirk back this week, but if he could that would be huge.

Trevor getting some well needed rest last week, potentially Kirk and Zay back, Cisco and Campbell rounding back into form after some time off. Time for a playoff push baby!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2024, 09:49 AM by rpr52121.)

(01-03-2024, 09:20 AM)Newton Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-coach-mi...on-it-suck

Which is honestly a horribly stupid decision their part. The #2-4 picks are all 4-12 and the #5-7 picks, including Tenn, are 5-11. NE, Ari, and LAC could all potentially win. Plus who knows if the Cowboys or Eagles lay eggs against Wash or NYG; both teams are capable. The chance at a top #5 or even outside chance of a top #3 pick should be priority. Even if they want Levis, they can trade the pick. Or draft Marvin Harrison to have a top flight WR. 

Losing/Winning this game shouldn't determine Vrabel's job. That decision should have been been made before this game. Same for the OC and DC.

I get the coaches/players have pride, and this is division/rivalry game. But if the Tennessee FO is at all smart, they should set some things in motion to ensure they lose this game.

(01-03-2024, 09:48 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Which is honestly a horribly stupid decision their part. The #2-4 picks are all 4-12 and the #5-7 picks, including Tenn, are 5-11. NE, Ari, and LAC could all potentially win. Plus who knows if the Cowboys or Eagles lay eggs against Wash or NYG; both teams are capable. The chance at a top #5 or even outside chance of a top #3 pick should be priority. Even if they want Levis, they can trade the pick. Or draft Marvin Harrison to have a top flight WR. 

Losing/Winning this game shouldn't determine Vrabel's job. That decision should have been been made before this game. Same for the OC and DC.

I get the coaches/players have pride, and this is division/rivalry game. But if the Tennessee FO is at all smart, they should set some things in motion to ensure they lose this game.

All of that is true. Fortunately, they're so bad that I don't think their effort level matters that much. The Jags will win if they play even "good" ball, certainly if they play their best. They need to simply go out and execute, just like the last 16 games. But the tittians quitting at half time down 20 points would be just fine too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The flaming thumbtacks have a middling defense and a dysfunctional offense (28th in points)

Jags just need to string together 2 weeks of solid ball with limited mistakes.

Vrabel can bluster at reporters all he wants and it doesn't change that.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...50384?s=20

Well would you look at that....

(01-02-2024, 03:31 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So are Boselli and Prisco ever going to talk again?

(01-02-2024, 04:13 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 03:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What did I miss?

Nothing, I just miss their show

If you're asking about the show they do with JP Shadrick, they mentioned on the Mon Dec 18 show that they would not do a show on Mon Dec 25 or Mon Jan 1 due to the holidays.  Presumably they will be back Mon Jan 8.

I want to see more of Antonio Johnson this game. He's made quite a few big plays in his limited snaps
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Trevor is back at practice it seems

(01-03-2024, 12:48 PM)Newton Wrote: Trevor is back at practice it seems

Yeah. Him and Kirk both today will be practicing to some degree. Unless something drastically happens or changes between today's practice through Friday I would imagine both of them are playing this Sunday. 

It's essentially a play-off game this Sunday. So, it makes sense. Hopefully they're ready to go, can perform optimally or close to optimally and they don't reaggravate anything. 

They need the repetitions to be fair. To get ready for a home play off game. Hopefully Zay Jones is also playing. We're getting the band back together just in the nick of time. Perfect!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Welp last week I said I was gonna be pessimistic and predict a loss as the jaguars always like to do the opposite of what I expect.. so once again

69 - 2 titans

gonna be a baaaad day

Get to an early 14 point lead and this game is over

(01-03-2024, 02:57 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Get to an early 14 point lead and this game is over

And then pull TL, if he starts,  and let CJ bring us home.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

This is a playoff game. Treat it as such.

GET

THE

BROOM

(01-03-2024, 02:57 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Get to an early 14 point lead and this game is over

Yea, if this happens the Titan players will be thinking of Cancun, or wherever they plan to travel. The longer the Jaguars let them in the game, the tougher they will get.

(01-03-2024, 01:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-03-2024, 12:48 PM)Newton Wrote: Trevor is back at practice it seems

Yeah. Him and Kirk both today will be practicing to some degree. Unless something drastically happens or changes between today's practice through Friday I would imagine both of them are playing this Sunday. 

It's essentially a play-off game this Sunday. So, it makes sense. Hopefully they're ready to go, can perform optimally or close to optimally and they don't reaggravate anything. 

They need the repetitions to be fair. To get ready for a home play off game. Hopefully Zay Jones is also playing. We're getting the band back together just in the nick of time. Perfect!

I'm hoping that full week of rest has done Trevor some wonders

(01-03-2024, 06:25 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-03-2024, 01:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Him and Kirk both today will be practicing to some degree. Unless something drastically happens or changes between today's practice through Friday I would imagine both of them are playing this Sunday. 

I'm hoping that full week of rest has done Trevor some wonders

Doug should overrule Trevor and go with the hot hand, CJ. I think Trevor plays hero ball when he’s dinged up, as someone else here suggested. CJ is who you want for spoiler alert games. He’ll take what the defense gives him and not make dumb mistakes. He’s accurate and knows the system.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt