Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Watt = Josh Allen

TJ Watt seems to be the absolute favorite to win DPOY this season, and I've heard absolutely nothing about our boy Josh Allen so I got curious.

Watt: 17 sacks, 44 QB pressures, 9 QB hurries, 60 combined tackles, 1 interception, 4 Forced Fumbles.
Josh Allen 16.5 sacks, 44 QB pressures, 14 QB hurries, 61 Combined tackles, 1 interception, 2 Forced Fumbles.

Both teams 9-7. 

Josh Allen should be in the conversation.

[Image: Spider_Man_meme.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This guy is about to show up to practice in a Brinks truck.

What's the difference between a QB pressure & a QB hurry?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 08:00 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hurry means moving the qb off his spot. A pressure is a more vague term.

Josh Allen is having the best defensive season in Jaguars history. He has 3 games with 3 sacks and also has another game with 2.5.

They also took a sack from him earlier in the season. Allen should have 17.5 sacks.

Allen may end up with more sacks. I’d bet he is more in the conversation if he has another big game to close the season.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 09:15 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

TJ Watt has done it more consistently though and that's where the edge advantage comes in (pun intended). I think Josh Allen is probably looking at a least $27.5M - $29M going into the off season here shortly. Not sure who is starting for the tacks on Sunday but it sure would be nice to see Allen go off for four sacks and two forced fumbles to help us secure this division again like last year.

He's going to get paid regardless. Might as well make him do it here so we can keep him teal and black. This franchise DESPERATELY needs to keep it's first round investments in Jacksonville, especially competent, consistent leaders who show up on the football field when we need them to. He'll only get better if they can bolster the interior between himself and Walker.

This is NOT the year to [BLEEP] anything up in the trenches even further. We have enough issues to address going into free agency. Maintaining your single season franchise sack leader shouldn't be one of them. He's now tailing Brackens by 11.0 sacks. That's a major accomplishment for this franchise and it should not go unnoticed around here. The franchise benchmark has been 55. Since 2003.

2003. Let that sink in folks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Wait wait wait. I've said this before, but I've been told over and over that Allen is not even a top 12 edge rusher in this league.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-02-2024, 09:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wait wait wait. I've said this before, but I've been told over and over that Allen is not even a top 12 edge rusher in this league.

Just give him a back loaded, incentive based deal for the veteran minimum and he'll be happy to sign. He's just mid so he should take it!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think the Jags mediaverse should begin this campaign

begins with the fan social media army

I will go on record to publicly shame myself for ever considering trading Josh, he good good.

(01-02-2024, 11:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I will go on record to publicly shame myself for ever considering trading Josh, he good good.

A lot of folks thought the same last year. Myself included leading up to the trade deadline. Have since ate my crow multiple times. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong on something. 

Local guys wanted him out of here as well. If I am not mistaken, the morning crew on the radio in particular. Guys like Hicken and Prosser. Even the media moguls here like JDilla said yesterday he was happily wrong about him. 

With that said? It was a fair idea at the time. The team had yet to get on it's hot streak, they were losing games, there was concerns with getting more help and time in the pocket for Lawrence, and, very few would have thought Josh had this in him until this year. 

He hasn't been this dominate as a pass rusher since probably his rookie season. For me, even without this season to factor in, he's still a competent player, he's a leader and he doesn't disrupt the culture in the locker room. That makes him your top priority in the off season, especially with a surging Walker opposite of him. 

The more pass rushers you have, the better. Constantly trying to use top picks to backfill these positions is aggravating as a fan because we really need to see a full tilt, all in approach with the offensive line entering Lawrence's fourth year now later on this season.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 11:26 AM by JagFanatic24.)

If Walker can get 1 more sack it give the team 2 players with 10 or more sacks in a single season. It’s only happened a couple of times in team history.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 11:30 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-02-2024, 11:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Walker can get 1 more sack it give the team 2 players with 10 or more sacks in a single season. It’s only happened a couple of times in team history.

He had a good game against them earlier this season with a .5 sack on the stat sheet. I could see him getting 1.5 in this one.

(01-02-2024, 11:26 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Walker can get 1 more sack it give the team 2 players with 10 or more sacks in a single season. It’s only happened a couple of times in team history.

Very impressive. That’s a good duo.

Josh Allen benefits from Chaisson taking on double teams.

Signed,
Chaisson's Agent.

once we can get constant 3rd Rusher and interior push we can be alot better.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 12:56 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good point Caldrac. Walker and Allen lined up at DT over the guard a couple times vs Panthers, I would love to see it against the Titans. They were causing havoc up through the middle.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 01:06 PM by p_rushing.)

Watt has been injured again, so I doubt the snap counts are the same. It's also why I think they need an out in the deal.

The whole question will be how much money he wants. If you can get 2 starters for his cost, it becomes a discussion.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(01-02-2024, 01:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watt has been injured again, so I doubt the snap counts are the same. It's also why I think they need an out in the deal.

The whole question will be how much money he wants. If you can get 2 starters for his cost, it becomes a discussion.

Josh has played 81% of the  Jags defensive snaps (831)

Watt has played 84% of the stillers defensive snaps (901) 
(he has started every game) 

So - actually - Josh Allen has essentially equalled his stats despite having a much lower snap count. 

Give #41 seventy more snaps and he could easily be tied or ahead in every category.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 03:09 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm never okay to just throw a lot of up front money at players. Whatever we offer needs to have good money up front but with performance based incentives.As Jags fans we've been burnt too many times throwing money at guys who take it and slide until they can go to a bigger market team. Or we pay $$$$$ for a 'name' who decides this is his payday to retirement and plays accordingly.

On the other hand, someone will pay him big money and we need him here so we have to be smart about it.

With those numbers he should absolutely be in the conversation for DPOY but TJ Watt is....well, TJ Watt, and he'll get it before Josh.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 03:18 PM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2024, 01:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 01:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watt has been injured again, so I doubt the snap counts are the same. It's also why I think they need an out in the deal.

Josh has played 81% of the  Jags defensive snaps (831)

Watt has played 84% of the stillers defensive snaps (901) 
(he has started every game) 

So - actually - Josh Allen has essentially equalled his stats despite having a much lower snap count. 

Give #41 seventy more snaps and he could easily be tied or ahead in every category.
*mod edit*
Get ... lost  Allen hater. There's no discussion. You pay Josh what he wants. He's the best player on our team and good teams simply just do not let elite players in their prime walk away.

(01-02-2024, 03:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm never okay to just throw a lot of up front money at players. Whatever we offer needs to have good money up front but with performance based incentives.As Jags fans we've been burnt too many times throwing money at guys who take it and slide until they can go to a bigger market team. Or we pay $$$$$ for a 'name' who decides this is his payday to retirement and plays accordingly.

On the other hand, someone will pay him big money and we need him here so we have to be smart about it.

With those numbers he should absolutely be in the conversation for DPOY but TJ Watt is....well, TJ Watt, and he'll get it before Josh.

I sont think either of your examples of jags fans being burnt apply to Josh. He's been a great guy and a hard worker his entire career and he is also home grown so ita not like he'd be coming here for a payday or vacation. Pay the man.