Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags probowlers

ETN is a bigger snub than Engram. Njoku is more efficient than Engram, and has worse QB play to work with. ETN was snubbed in favor of guys who are less efficient than him, have less total yards, and have better blocking in front of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2024, 12:51 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Trevor
Engram
Foye
ETN
Darious
Cooke
Agnew

All alternates. I'm actually a bit surprised by Trevor being an alternate in a statistically "down" year.

If Lawrence plays Sunday and has 264 yards passing, he will be the only player in franchise history with back to back seasons of 4,000 yards passing. 

He won in a couple of primetime games against Buffalo and New Orleans. During the Kansas City game they showed a stat of Lawrence being 14-5 since week 9 of 2022. 

No other QB in Jaguars History has more rushing TDs in their first 3 seasons than Lawrence (11). 

Lawrence has the most passing yards in a franchise history in their first 
3 seasons. (11,490)

Lawrence has 20 regular season wins in his first 3 seasons as a pro, which is also a franchise record. Garrard had 21 wins from 2007 to 2009, but the record that Lawrence holds is a players first 3 seasons as a pro. If Lawrence wins this Sunday, you can change the wording how you like and he will still be at the top.

Lawrence is the only player in franchise history to pass for atleast 3600 yards or more in 3 consecutive seasons. 

Lawrence has the 3rd most QB rushing yards through their first 3 seasons (954). Brunell had 1,133 and Bortles had 1,088. 

If a 4,000 yard season is a down season, we’re in good shape. 

Lawrence is also the 1st Jaguars QB to even be considered for the pro bowl in back to back seasons, since Brunell.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 09:01 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-04-2024, 12:16 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:09 AM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...1243070918
That and he has 11 td's and could get 1k if they actually run well this week. I think with a better line he'd be way up there with CMC.

I like ETN but come on it's week 18 and he still doesn't have 1000 yards, he's not even considered for a pro bowl hell Freddy had years over 1300 and didn't get the pro bowl

ETN is getting killed by the O line, the dude can't get out the backfield without the opp on his [BLEEP].

(01-04-2024, 08:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
Engram
Foye
ETN
Darious
Cooke
Agnew

All alternates. I'm actually a bit surprised by Trevor being an alternate in a statistically "down" year.

If Lawrence plays Sunday and has 264 yards passing, he will be the only player in franchise history with back to back seasons of 4,000 yards passing. 

He won in a couple of primetime games against Buffalo and New Orleans. During the Kansas City game they showed a stat of Lawrence being 14-5 since week 9 of 2022. 

No other QB in Jaguars History has more rushing TDs in their first 3 seasons than Lawrence (11). 

3 seasons. (11,490)

Lawrence has 20 regular season wins in his first 3 seasons as a pro, which is also a franchise record. Garrard had 21 wins from 2007 to 2009, but the record that Lawrence holds is a players first 3 seasons as a pro. If Lawrence wins this Sunday, you can change the wording how you like and he will still be at the top.

Lawrence is the only player in franchise history to pass for atleast 3600 yards or more in 3 consecutive seasons. 

Lawrence has the 3rd most QB rushing yards through their first 3 seasons (954). Brunell had 1,133 and Bortles had 1,088. 

Lawrence is also the 1st Jaguars QB to even be considered for the pro bowl in back to back seasons, since Brunell.
That's sad

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 09:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-04-2024, 12:16 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:09 AM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...1243070918
That and he has 11 td's and could get 1k if they actually run well this week. I think with a better line he'd be way up there with CMC.

I like ETN but come on it's week 18 and he still doesn't have 1000 yards, he's not even considered for a pro bowl hell Freddy had years over 1300 and didn't get the pro bowl

Do you watch the games?  We have had the worst run blocking oline in the league.  Etienne leads the league in broken tackles by a good margin.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...1243070918

Etienne has the talent to lead the league in rushing if we can fix this oline and get some maulers on the interior

The biggest snub along with Engram. He should of been the starter over Queen.

https://twitter.com/1010XLAG/status/1742722304159740392

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 11:31 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

ETN, Engram, Lawrence, Foye, Williams among others named as alternates.

ETN ranked 8th in rushing, so maaaybe? Dunno.
TL 13th ranked qb. Middle of the pack. Thats a no.
Williams tied for 7th in ints, 1 pick six, 2 fumble recoveries. Ok.
Engram 4th in rec yards, 7 tds. No brainer.
Foye: no brainer
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-04-2024, 08:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
Engram
Foye
ETN
Darious
Cooke
Agnew

3 seasons. (11,490)

Oh you don't have to convince me. I think he's a top QB who got dealt a raw deal this year and even still showed us he's our best QB we've had since Brunell and potentially our best ever already.

Just national perspective and all that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

ETN with a decent line would be fighting CmC for most rushing yards
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-03-2024, 09:48 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Jags have 2 first team probowlers:

Josh Allen - pass rusher
Ross Matiscik - Long snapper

Surprised Engram didn’t make 1st team

Engram was snubbed. Only the 8th TE in NFL history to secure 100+ catches in a single season, something he accomplished without the 17th game already. He was also 1st or right up there with YAC with 500 or more yards. 

This is impressive when you consider how piss poor the running game has been and how depleted the WR room has been as of late. He's essentially been doing a lot of work over the middle and supplementing for us. 

Oluokon is on the verge of being the league's leading tackler for the third straight year in a row. At this point, it's just flat out disrespectful. Not sure if players or coaches get to vote or if it's purely driven by fanbois but the decision making is bad. 

I could understand not voting these guys in if they were on a bad team record wise. But, we're not. We're one game away from being a 4th seed again. Makes no sense really.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The reason why number of Pro Bowls should have no bearing on Hall of Fame selection. The Pro Bowl rosters don't reflect performance, they reflect Big City Perception.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-04-2024, 06:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:16 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I like ETN but come on it's week 18 and he still doesn't have 1000 yards, he's not even considered for a pro bowl hell Freddy had years over 1300 and didn't get the pro bowl

Fred also had 1572 in ‘03 and didn’t get in. 17 in ‘98 and didn’t get in.

#becausejaguars

More disruptive than the butterfly effect.

Matisik is the best long snapper in Jaguars history. He has more tackles than any long snapper in the league, and I believe he’s the only long snapper in franchise history to force and fumble, and recover a fumble on the same play.

Josh Allen has been the best player on the team this year.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 03:47 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Should maybe light a fire under all these "alternates". The respect and notoriety is something to note for a player on this team, although the Pro Bowl event itself is an absolute joke.

(01-04-2024, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:16 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I like ETN but come on it's week 18 and he still doesn't have 1000 yards, he's not even considered for a pro bowl hell Freddy had years over 1300 and didn't get the pro bowl

Do you watch the games?  We have had the worst run blocking oline in the league.  Etienne leads the league in broken tackles by a good margin.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...1243070918

Etienne has the talent to lead the league in rushing if we can fix this oline and get some maulers on the interior

The biggest snub along with Engram.  He should of been the starter over Queen.

https://twitter.com/1010XLAG/status/1742722304159740392

I have season tickets of course I watch the games. The argument is IF ETN had a good Oline he would do X. I'm only pointing out that's not a factor for pro bowl voters.l, never has been. On paper ETN is having a below average season, I'm not bashing the guy just pointing out the obvious. 

I like ETN as much as anyone but 17 games in and your not at 1000 yards don't call that a pro bowl snub.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Sure some more Jags should make Pro Bowl with opt outs.