Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Titans Gameday***

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024, 11:04 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Final Edition of the 2023 Regular Season:

We’re in the same exact spot as the 2022 season. Win the game, win the AFC South Division for the 2nd consecutive season. The Jaguars can make history by winning, because they have never won the AFC “South” 2 seasons in a row. The only time was in 1998 and 1999 when it was the AFC Central.

Jaguars are 3-0 in the last 2 seasons vs the Titans and Lawrence has been money.

Lawrence last 3 Titan games:
74/106 for 842 yards 6 TD 0 int

Oluokun last 3 Titans games:
tackles - 33
sacks - 1.5
FR - 1

Kirk last 3 Titan games:
Receptions - 14
Yards - 192

Engram last 3 Titan games:
Receptions - 19
Yards - 218 
TD - 2
First Downs - 11
*Engram had 8 first downs in a single game vs the Titans, which is a franchise record for a tight end. Engram also went wild with 10 receptions for 162 yards and 2 Tubs vs this Titans team last season.

*First win against the Titans was October 1, 1995 when they were the Oilers. Desmond Howard caught a WR screen from Brunell and scored the game-winning TD. Jaguars won 17-16.

In 2022, CB Campbell helped the Jaguars win the division with an interception. It was up there for one of the loudest crowd eruptions in team history. 

The Jaguars have a chance to win double digit games for the 6th time in franchise history. A win would put the regular-season record to 10-7, and would give the Jaguars a home playoff game for just the 4th time in team history. (1998, 1999, 2022, 2023?)

A win means the Jaguars swept the Titans 2 seasons in a row. 

Let’s get this dub and punch our ticket to the playoffs. Who cares what happens after that.

Duval Turn Up!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

GET

THE

BROOM

Fairly nervous. I really don't hope we don't #becausejags this.

If we lose is there any scenario to get that wildcard spot?

(01-07-2024, 12:44 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: If we lose is there any scenario to get that wildcard spot?

Not anymore...

(01-07-2024, 12:45 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 12:44 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: If we lose is there any scenario to get that wildcard spot?

Not anymore...

K, thats scary.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrows game

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 03:24 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

This would really suck if we lose. Not going to sit well if we have to start our offseason tonight.. we're kind of a streaky team though coming off a convincing win I hope we found our stride. Just hope guys don't try coming back off injury and stink it up. Whoever is up better be UP.

We needed the Steelers to lose.  This is a win or you're done game.

We're the better team. Gotta take care of business. If we lose to thrle hapless titans than I'll be glad we didn't sneak into the playoffs because we would have gotten our doors blown off.

(01-07-2024, 12:48 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 12:45 AM)nejagsfan Wrote: Not anymore...

K, thats scary.

I have a bad feeling about tomorrows game

We came through last year.  We can do it again.

Butterflies. Feels like a playoff game because it basically is. Win and you’re in, lose ands you’re looking forward to the draft.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:31 AM by rfc17.)

If we lose, steelers clinch a spot, bills clinch a spot, and the Texans win the division. Needless to say everyone in the nfl is rooting for us to lose. And while I'm not a conspiracy theorist that thinks the nfl is rigged, I'm hoping the team makes sure the game isn't close enough late that a "missed" call or two wouldn't screw us over. Leave no doubt.

If we do win this it will give us a bit of momentum and a more healthy team moving into the playoffs.

If we lose, this will be one of the most disappointing season in our history. To have been on fire the way we were and miss the playoffs would be gut wrenching.

Just landed in Dallas. One more quick flight and I'll be in Mayotown

After we lose today, in frustration Doug and Trevor announce they are going to the Raiders under an historic proposal worked out with Mark Davis. This causes Jacksonville to lose voter support for an upgraded stadium, so Khan hammers out a new stadium deal with St. Louis and moves the team. Without a team as a revenue stream to improve the stadium, the Florida Georgia game is moved to Atlanta and Jacksonville spirals downward as a sports town. In reaction, local taxes are raised considerably, cheered on by the citizens who always hated the Jags. Economic collapse follows accompanied by commercial and residential flight. In a bizarre twist, Trent Baalke is elected as mayor whose first act is to abolish the police and fire departments because ‘they just aren’t a priority for a city. More linebackers are what’s really needed.’

We’ll be fine. Should I consider a Xanax prescription?

(01-07-2024, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: After we lose today, in frustration Doug and Trevor announce they are going to the Raiders under an historic proposal worked out with Mark Davis. This causes Jacksonville to lose voter support for an upgraded stadium, so Khan hammers out a new stadium deal with St. Louis and moves the team. Without a team as a revenue stream to improve the stadium, the Florida Georgia game is moved to Atlanta and Jacksonville spirals downward as a sports town. In reaction, local taxes are raised considerably, cheered on by the citizens who always hated the Jags. Economic collapse follows accompanied by commercial and residential flight. In a bizarre twist, Trent Baalke is elected as mayor whose first act is to abolish the police and fire departments because ‘they just aren’t a priority for a city. More linebackers are what’s really needed.’

I always said it would be impossible to make a tacks fan out of me but that just might do it, ha! Nah, I'd become a WNBA fan first.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-07-2024, 05:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We're the better team. Gotta take care of business. If we lose to thrle hapless titans than I'll be glad we didn't sneak into the playoffs because we would have gotten our doors blown off.

A loss should mean bye bye Baalke.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Anything on trevor?

All the Jags have to do is not beat themselves.

the stinking flaming thumbtacks have 13 players on IR and looked horrid last week vs a team we beat a few weeks ago.

If the Jags don't take care of business they don't deserve a rematch w/ the browns because they will have beaten themselves (yet again)

(01-07-2024, 10:03 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: After we lose today, in frustration Doug and Trevor announce they are going to the Raiders under an historic proposal worked out with Mark Davis. This causes Jacksonville to lose voter support for an upgraded stadium, so Khan hammers out a new stadium deal with St. Louis and moves the team. Without a team as a revenue stream to improve the stadium, the Florida Georgia game is moved to Atlanta and Jacksonville spirals downward as a sports town. In reaction, local taxes are raised considerably, cheered on by the citizens who always hated the Jags. Economic collapse follows accompanied by commercial and residential flight. In a bizarre twist, Trent Baalke is elected as mayor whose first act is to abolish the police and fire departments because ‘they just aren’t a priority for a city. More linebackers are what’s really needed.’

I always said it would be impossible to make a tacks fan out of me but that just might do it, ha! Nah, I'd become a WNBA fan first.

Which brings up a good theoretical question. If the Jags were to leave Jacksonville, would you continue to root for them in their new home, or choose another team to support?

I would probably adopt that weird psychological dichotomy of a spurned ex who just can't let go. I would cheer the new Jags if they won while also reveling in their losses.  

Don't do this to me, Jags! You have to win today.

(01-07-2024, 10:05 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 05:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We're the better team. Gotta take care of business. If we lose to thrle hapless titans than I'll be glad we didn't sneak into the playoffs because we would have gotten our doors blown off.

A loss should mean bye bye Baalke.

Having a second straight winning season for the first time in 18 years is not the time to start firing people.