Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Titans Gameday***

(01-07-2024, 10:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:05 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: A loss should mean bye bye Baalke.

Having a second straight winning season for the first time in 18 years is not the time to start firing people.

I disagree. Have we gotten any better from last year? Dont become complacent and waste any of trevor Lawrence's years here. Balke has not done enough to put people around trevor. The O line he assembled has almost gotten him killed. Get rid of him and make a hire that will.help us take the next step.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2024, 10:35 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Having a second straight winning season for the first time in 18 years is not the time to start firing people.

I disagree. Have we gotten any better from last year? Dont become complacent and waste any of trevor Lawrence's years here. Balke has not done enough to put people around trevor. The O line he assembled has almost gotten him killed. Get rid of him and make a hire that will.help us take the next step.

I don't think firing Baalke is the rational thing to do.  The rational thing to do, if I was the owner, would be to sit down with him, go over the results of the season, ask him where he thinks he made mistakes, and ask him what his plan is to improve the team.  I wouldn't fire the guy.   After all, less than 2 years ago, we were the worst team in the league.

(01-07-2024, 10:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:35 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I disagree. Have we gotten any better from last year? Dont become complacent and waste any of trevor Lawrence's years here. Balke has not done enough to put people around trevor. The O line he assembled has almost gotten him killed. Get rid of him and make a hire that will.help us take the next step.

I don't think firing Baalke is the rational thing to do.  The rational thing to do, if I was the owner, would be to sit down with him, go over the results of the season, ask him where he thinks he made mistakes, and ask him what his plan is to improve the team.  I wouldn't fire the guy.   After all, less than 2 years ago, we were the worst team in the league.

If we lose today he should get fired.

Baalke is a competent GM, he's just a terrible drafter. As a GM, the draft can't be taken out of his hands, but a good draftnik consultant could be hired to guide him. I wish Shad Khan were as proactive with Jags management as much as he is with his English soccer team. He was firing GMs left and right after he acquired that squad.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 10:54 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-07-2024, 10:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Baalke is a competent GM, he's just a terrible drafter. As a GM, the draft can't be taken out of his hands, but a good draftnik consultant could be hired to guide him. I wish Shad Khan were as proactive with Jags management as much as he is with his English soccer team. He was firing GMs left and right after he acquired that squad.

I'm happy with Walker and love the way he has improved and he may even end up being better than Hutch but this is why he didn't draft Hutch, that is comical to me.  I'm honestly not sure if he watches tape, he just drafts on measurables.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/aida...-too-short

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 11:03 AM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 10:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:03 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I always said it would be impossible to make a tacks fan out of me but that just might do it, ha! Nah, I'd become a WNBA fan first.

Which brings up a good theoretical question. If the Jags were to leave Jacksonville, would you continue to root for them in their new home, or choose another team to support?

I would probably adopt that weird psychological dichotomy of a spurned ex who just can't let go. I would cheer the new Jags if they won while also reveling in their losses.  

Don't do this to me, Jags! You have to win today.

Having grown up in Baltimore (Towson) I stopped watching the NFL on March 29, 1984.

Only began watching again when Jacksonville was awarded a team.  

If Jags left I’d fall back to the Iggles, my 
birthplace.

(01-07-2024, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: All the Jags have to do is not beat themselves.

the stinking flaming thumbtacks have 13 players on IR and looked horrid last week vs a team we beat a few weeks ago.

If the Jags don't take care of business they don't deserve a rematch w/ the browns because they will have beaten themselves (yet again)

Absolutely... the Jags' D will maul the stinkin' tacks!  Ninja
Go JAGUARS!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-07-2024, 10:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:35 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I disagree. Have we gotten any better from last year? Dont become complacent and waste any of trevor Lawrence's years here. Balke has not done enough to put people around trevor. The O line he assembled has almost gotten him killed. Get rid of him and make a hire that will.help us take the next step.

Bad comment.

(01-07-2024, 10:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:03 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I always said it would be impossible to make a tacks fan out of me but that just might do it, ha! Nah, I'd become a WNBA fan first.

Which brings up a good theoretical question. If the Jags were to leave Jacksonville, would you continue to root for them in their new home, or choose another team to support?

I would probably adopt that weird psychological dichotomy of a spurned ex who just can't let go. I would cheer the new Jags if they won while also reveling in their losses.  

Don't do this to me, Jags! You have to win today.

If they left, I would become a Saints fan maybe since I have connections there. Let’s hope they just win today. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-07-2024, 12:00 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think firing Baalke is the rational thing to do.  The rational thing to do, if I was the owner, would be to sit down with him, go over the results of the season, ask him where he thinks he made mistakes, and ask him what his plan is to improve the team.  I wouldn't fire the guy.   After all, less than 2 years ago, we were the worst team in the league.

Bad comment.

Even if you disagree - it’s a respectable opinion at minimum. It’s true we finished last back to back years and now we are 1 win away from back to back playoff appearances. We have had significantly more injuries to navigate this season. Just win today. Go Jags!

Win or lose:

As a lifelong Jaguars fan, I am enjoying the “meaningful” football these past 2 seasons. It brings me back to the 1996-2000 era when the franchise was in a good place and winning games, playing on primetime.

Here’s to making it 2 in a row in the AFC South for the 1st time in franchise history.

Alright. Jags win, they're in obviously. If Buffalo loses to Miami, Jags in even with an NFL script-writing loss.

Next week against the Browns in Jacksonville.

(01-07-2024, 12:27 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Alright. Jags win, they're in obviously. If Buffalo loses to Miami, Jags in even with an NFL script-writing loss.

Next week against the Browns in Jacksonville.

If Buf. and Jags lose.  Buffalo is in.  They have 10 wins we only have 9

Trevor active that's huge. No Kirk today but if we win and don't have any significant injuries then the whole band should be back together for next week.

Hoping Trevor is truly well. We see what happens when he’s not

Zay active should help on moving third down chains

(01-07-2024, 12:00 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think firing Baalke is the rational thing to do.  The rational thing to do, if I was the owner, would be to sit down with him, go over the results of the season, ask him where he thinks he made mistakes, and ask him what his plan is to improve the team.  I wouldn't fire the guy.   After all, less than 2 years ago, we were the worst team in the league.

Bad comment.

No, what I said is absolutely true.  You guys would fire Baalke without even talking to him or to Doug Pederson or anyone else.  After the first back to back winning seasons in 18 years.  That's just idiotic and egotistical.

Let’s just win today

Welp. Here we go.

Protect the ball. Protect Trevor. Get after Tannehill.

DUUUUUVVVVAAALLLL