Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Notable 2023 stats:

(01-08-2024, 05:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 03:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No. I get it. Both guys were or have been turnover prone. It's something that needs to be addressed heavily in the off season with Lawrence as well. It's a process. Going into year four it needs to be less of a process and more of an automatic, regardless of circumstance or personnel challenges. 

Do. Not. Make. A. Bad. Situation. Worse. 

It's either there or it's not there. More Checkdown Charlie. Less Ragtime Randy. He needs to also hit the deck more when he's running around out there and he needs to keep two hands on the football. 

Not sure what he does in the off season to stay or tune up his football mechanics but he might want to incorporate a lot of bail out running scenarios and multiple practice personnel around him with heavily padded broomsticks trying to whack the football out of his hands or arms. 

Also would like to see use ladders in front of him in drop back passing scenarios. To get more air under the football on deep shots. Had a few get away from him this season and it noticeably hurt. At one point he was one of the better, if not, the best deep ball passer in the NFL QB rating wise. 

Not sure where he finished out there now.

Personally I don't think Trevor does much Mechanically wrong, it's just the errant throws that sail over the WRs heads (which I tend to think is either because he either, thinks he can make the perfect pin point throw which isn't realistic, or the pass rush is affecting his aim)  and the decisions to throw a deeper pass into double-triple coverage when theirs a guy wide open underneath. 

It's always been a mental thing with him, I don't think anyone (myself included) thinks he is similar to Blake Bortles as a player in anyway outside of some mental errors. Bortles wasn't a smart QB nor did he have the physical talent. Trevor has the talent physically, but it's yet to be determined whether or not he can truely put it together mentally. 

That's my honest take. I don't want to give up on him, because I do think there can be something there.. but will it ever show up? Don't know.

Relatively fair.  There was a noticeable negative effect on his statistical performances after the high ankle sprain.  YPA was down, completion percentage down, turnovers up.  I think your frustrations with him for how the year ended will be proven to have been injury related when he's fully healthy next year.  He's not above criticism, but anyone invested in his failure is very likely going to be disappointed next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 05:49 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-08-2024, 05:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:23 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Personally I don't think Trevor does much Mechanically wrong, it's just the errant throws that sail over the WRs heads (which I tend to think is either because he either, thinks he can make the perfect pin point throw which isn't realistic, or the pass rush is affecting his aim)  and the decisions to throw a deeper pass into double-triple coverage when theirs a guy wide open underneath. 

It's always been a mental thing with him, I don't think anyone (myself included) thinks he is similar to Blake Bortles as a player in anyway outside of some mental errors. Bortles wasn't a smart QB nor did he have the physical talent. Trevor has the talent physically, but it's yet to be determined whether or not he can truely put it together mentally. 

That's my honest take. I don't want to give up on him, because I do think there can be something there.. but will it ever show up? Don't know.

Relatively fair.  There was a noticeable negative effect on his statistical performances after the high ankle sprain.  YPA was down, completion percentage down, turnovers up.  I think your frustrations with him for how the year ended will be proven to have been injury related when he's fully healthy next year.  He's not above criticism, but anyone invested in his failure is very likely going to be disappointed next year.

[Image: 47d78dbe57cecb27540bdbd3aa9ac2f4.png]

I disagree with your assessment, no offense.

You can win with these numbers when you're 8-3 in week 12 and your defense has caused 25 turnovers.. not so much when they stop doing that.

(01-08-2024, 05:41 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:33 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Trevor has a subpar stretch of games while dealing with 4 different injuries and a bunch of turnstiles on the line and cjb is back to being neurotic. I felt bad for him.when NYC would rub his face in the piss on the carpet but I won't make that same mistake again next year when Trev comes out blazing.

[Image: 47d78dbe57cecb27540bdbd3aa9ac2f4.png]

Oh you're right, he's been so different the past 4 games vs the rest of them....

Did you know Trevor Lawrence has never passed for more than 2 TDs in a game without a turnover? lol.

Come on dude, the stats that you worship are right in front of you.  7 interceptions (plus 4 fumbles not shown) in the last 4 games.  He had half of his interceptions for the year (and 1/3rd of his fumbles for the year) occur in the final 4 games.  And 3 of 4 games sub 60% completion percentage which is not the norm when looking at the rest of the year.

(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:41 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [Image: 47d78dbe57cecb27540bdbd3aa9ac2f4.png]

Oh you're right, he's been so different the past 4 games vs the rest of them....

Did you know Trevor Lawrence has never passed for more than 2 TDs in a game without a turnover? lol.

Come on dude, the stats that you worship are right in front of you.  7 interceptions (plus 4 fumbles not shown) in the last 4 games.  He had half of his interceptions for the year (and 1/3rd of his fumbles for the year) occur in the final 4 games.  And 3 of 4 games sub 60% completion percentage which is not the norm when looking at the rest of the year.

Get ready for him to try and spin that. Guy will NEVER admit when he's wrong.

(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:41 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [Image: 47d78dbe57cecb27540bdbd3aa9ac2f4.png]

You're hard reaching. 7 of his 21 TDs came in that 4 game stretch too, so was he worse or better? i can't tell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 06:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Come on dude, the stats that you worship are right in front of you.  7 interceptions (plus 4 fumbles not shown) in the last 4 games.  He had half of his interceptions for the year (and 1/3rd of his fumbles for the year) occur in the final 4 games.  And 3 of 4 games sub 60% completion percentage which is not the norm when looking at the rest of the year.

You're hard reaching. 7 of his 21 TDs came in that 4 game stretch too, so was he worse or better? i can't tell.

We're going in circles.  I've already said TD passes aren't necessarily an indicator of good QB play.  Taking care of the football and accuracy declined noticeably in the final 4 games statistically speaking.  Whatever gripe you have about the earlier season play is a separate argument and you're free to come to whatever conclusion you want about it.  You're the one reaching to not acknowledge that there was a dip in the final 4 games in his play though.  I don't know if the dip was injury related or just a result from getting behind early and having to play catch up.  My guess is the injury was affecting him.  Yours can be whatever you want it to be, but your refusal to acknowledge the statistical decline in play from that point is...  par for the course I guess.

(01-08-2024, 06:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Come on dude, the stats that you worship are right in front of you.  7 interceptions (plus 4 fumbles not shown) in the last 4 games.  He had half of his interceptions for the year (and 1/3rd of his fumbles for the year) occur in the final 4 games.  And 3 of 4 games sub 60% completion percentage which is not the norm when looking at the rest of the year.

Nobody is hard reaching but you. Use your dipstick. 7/7 td to int ratio with a sub 60% vs 14/7 td to int ratio with an almost 70%. Yeah no difference at all.