Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No changes will be made, and the franchise slinks back to terribleness

What could it be?

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1744505907461906495
No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 08:03 PM by SamusAranX.)

Caldwell getting fired

I was wrong. I’ll take it

(01-08-2024, 08:02 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Caldwell getting fired

Job is only a third of the way done.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(01-08-2024, 08:04 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

Job is only a third of the way done.

Indeed. 

Hell I will settle for Taylor not being fired but Pederson resuming coordination of the offense

(01-08-2024, 08:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 08:04 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Job is only a third of the way done.

Indeed. 

Hell I will settle for Taylor not being fired but Pederson resuming coordination of the offense
Yeah I’d be ok with that, but Trent can’t keep being in charge of the roster of this team.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

This is going to be another Philly debacle with Doug’s man crush on Press

Just the beginning, there is no way they can keep the same

Source? Press and Baalke next?

Looks like Caldwell and the defensive staff is gone. At least it's something hopefully not the only something.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Looks like a potential to go back to a 4-3.

I can’t imagine Caldwell is the only one gone
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Still think Baalke needs to go and offensively it should be:

Doug resuming play calling duties, Taylor demoted to passing game coordinator, Rauscher fired and maybe Arthur Smith hired as offensive assistant / offensive line coach / running game coordinator.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 09:41 PM by CSTblank. Edited 1 time in total.)

Press isn’t going anywhere. Does he need to? Absolutely! Will he? Nope.

Doug chose to be fired in Philly instead of replacing his underwhelming OC Press Taylor. He’s gonna die on this hill here too. This is Doug’s all or nothing gamble.

Our GM isn’t going anywhere either. Shad doesn’t understand football operations, he doesn’t want to understand. Trent and Doug are a package deal and only way 1 goes is if the other goes. Likely next year if Doug just doubles down on keeping the same offense/OC and the jags finish with anything less than 9 wins.

On the other hand, maybe a new DC/defensive staff can breathe some life into this defense and the ineptitude of the offense won’t be so debilitating?

(01-08-2024, 09:40 PM)CSTblank Wrote: Press isn’t going anywhere. Does he need to? Absolutely! Will he? Nope.

Doug chose to be fired in Philly instead of replacing his underwhelming OC Press Taylor. He’s gonna die on this hill here too. This is Doug’s all or nothing gamble.

Our GM isn’t going anywhere either. Shad doesn’t understand football operations, he doesn’t want to understand. Trent and Doug are a package deal and only way 1 goes is if the other goes. Likely next year if Doug just doubles down on keeping the same offense/OC and the jags finish with anything less than 9 wins.

On the other hand, maybe a new DC/defensive staff can breathe some life into this defense and the ineptitude of the offense won’t be so debilitating?

I'd be fine with Doug being fired if that's what it took for Baalke to be fired.

(01-08-2024, 09:40 PM)CSTblank Wrote: Press isn’t going anywhere. Does he need to? Absolutely! Will he? Nope.

Press Taylor was never the OC in Philly and Doug wasn't fired for refusing to fire him. I wish you people would forget that stupid false narrative, it clouds your judgement and understanding of the circumstances here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Philly didn't have a listed OC his last year there.  Press was listed as "Passing Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach".  It was OC Mike Groh the year prior.

(01-08-2024, 09:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Press Taylor was never the OC in Philly and Doug wasn't fired for refusing to fire him. I wish you people would forget that stupid false narrative, it clouds your judgement and understanding of the circumstances here.

You’re right, he was never the OC. He was promoted every year until, in early 2021 Doug said he wanted Press as his OC following Groh’s firing, and Philly’s owner basically said no, we need external candidates as the offense has not performed well enough to promote from within. At this point Doug essentially said Press is OC or I’m not HC and they agreed to part ways. 

The circumstance is that Doug wants complete control, for better or worse. He likely stays so close to Press because of their working relationship and he is seeking that same level of working relationship he had with Reich during the Eagles SB. for better or worse he believes Press is the only OC he can be successful with, and has held that stance on 2 different teams now.

Press Taylor did not do a great job with play-calling; that is something we can likely agree on. However, it's difficult calling plays for an offense that is incapable of running the ball due to an offensive line that was one of the worst in the NFL- especially in run-blocking.

The only additional move which is necessary is to fire Baalke. He has failed to draft enough quality players to take this team to the next level. My confidence in Doug Pederson definitely waned this season, but he obviously relies on Taylor and is not willing to let him go. Winning a Super Bowl gives this guy the leverage he needs and Khan is not going to force this issue. However, I doubt Pederson feels so strongly about Baalke despite the appearance that they have been able to work well together.

If the Caldwell firing (along with the defensive staff) is Baalke's way to find a scapegoat in order to save his job, Shad Khan will come to regret this. The faith he has shown in Baalke has lead to the greatest collapse in team history. He cannot give this guy another year to screw up another draft.

(01-08-2024, 09:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Looks like a potential to go back to a 4-3.

4-3, 3-3 schemes are irrelevant.

Majority of the teams arent even doing this on games.

I think this was the right call, along with demoting press Taylor

(01-09-2024, 07:12 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 09:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Looks like a potential to go back to a 4-3.

4-3, 3-3 schemes are irrelevant.

Majority of the teams arent even doing this on games.

See, when you say that it downplays the fact that we were a majority 34 base unit without the correct linemen to play that way. When your Nose Tackle is 40 pounds underweight the entire scheme fails.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato