Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No changes will be made, and the franchise slinks back to terribleness

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 08:21 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 08:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dude, our 2nd round picks best play of the season occurred in week 18 on special teams and you think things are looking up? Lol

Yes, the rookie 3rd team tight end isn't the guage, how about the play of the #1 guy?

And I want Baalke gone btw. Last year's draft should've been all bigs and the one he took was great. Just should've been 5 more after him.

Your second round pick should contribute day 1 and not be a nice to have on special teams in week 18. I'm an IT guy and understand what a man paid to he our GM doesn't. This is an issue. He was a horrible hire from the beginning and shielded by a couple of overachieving seasons

Agree that the entire 2023 draft should have been big sweaty men with arm acne in the trenches.

It's time to clean the entire house out
Fire everyone. Anything else is a half measure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Step back from the ledge. We had a rough end but a winning season. Yes, I'm worried about Baalke, but we were a 1 win team just a couple years ago. Things are still looking up.

When things end up worse than the previous season and you don't adjust, things don't look up. They look down.

(01-07-2024, 08:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, the rookie 3rd team tight end isn't the guage, how about the play of the #1 guy?

And I want Baalke gone btw. Last year's draft should've been all bigs and the one he took was great. Just should've been 5 more after him.

Your second round pick should contribute day 1 and not be a nice to have on special teams in week 18. I'm an IT guy and understand what a man paid to he our GM doesn't. This is an issue. He was a horrible hire from the beginning and shielded by a couple of overachieving seasons

Agree that the entire 2023 draft should have been big sweaty men with arm acne in the trenches.

It's time to clean the entire house out
Fire everyone. Anything else is a half measure.

Heeeeee's baaaaaack!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Can we at least change uniforms, please? lol
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Someone mentioned that Doug looks checked out. He's looked like that since about mid-season. Really low energy. Has anyone else noticed it? He's been looking overwhelmed and sometimes just burnt out. If that story is true about him not being able to rally the team into the center of the locker room at halftime during an earlier game, there's big problems.

(01-07-2024, 08:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone mentioned that Doug looks checked out. He's looked like that since about mid-season. Really low energy. Has anyone else noticed it? He's been looking overwhelmed and sometimes just burnt out. If that story is true about him not being able to rally the team into the center of the locker room at halftime during an earlier game, there's big problems.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly Doug checks out and retires (of course returning in a 2-3 years on a struggling big market team #becausejags).

(01-07-2024, 08:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dude, our 2nd round picks best play of the season occurred in week 18 on special teams and you think things are looking up? Lol

Yes, the rookie 3rd team tight end isn't the guage, how about the play of the #1 guy?

He's been a pretty bad QB..

oh wait you meant last years #1. nvm.

Seems like Doug is one extreme or the other.. He either coaches a great game or he coaches a poor game. The problem here is that he dropped the ball and let us down with that loss. I'm sure something similar will be said at The End of The Season Meetings with Shad.

Now, springboarding off that problem, we all know that Shad isn't one for knee-jerk hires and fires, which can be a good thing. I don't think it's complacency though.

My Fast Pass Outta Jax list includes Press and Caldwell with Baalke with a full count and 2 outs..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-07-2024, 09:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, the rookie 3rd team tight end isn't the guage, how about the play of the #1 guy?

He's been a pretty bad QB..

oh wait you meant last years #1. nvm.

Actually I meant the #1 tight end who just had a career and record setting season you dip [BLEEP]. Why don't you ever give credit where it's due? Lol, we know why.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-07-2024, 07:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Step back from the ledge. We had a rough end but a winning season. Yes, I'm worried about Baalke, but we were a 1 win team just a couple years ago. Things are still looking up.

Yes and the Texans were favorited for the #1 pick 4 months ago, who gives a [BLEEP]. I don't think Dougs going anywhere but I do think we need to make changes on the offense, and not just coaching.

We all know what you want to change so what QB do you want them to sign/trade for or draft?
No Fun

Doug thinks that he can just be here on a paid vacation, just like everyone else who moved to FL in the last 3 years

(01-07-2024, 08:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone mentioned that Doug looks checked out. He's looked like that since about mid-season. Really low energy. Has anyone else noticed it? He's been looking overwhelmed and sometimes just burnt out. If that story is true about him not being able to rally the team into the center of the locker room at halftime during an earlier game, there's big problems.
Not sure if he is checked out or not but he has definitely lost the team. He has been saying the players have to execute better for the last 2 months. Very little has been said about coaches making changes. We don't see what happens in practice and if he has pulled back or not. We haven't seen many changes from the gameplan, so I'm guessing there wasn't any pressure there to change.

On the sideline he has looked less involved but he also isn't calling plays now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away, I'd be more shocked if Baalke, Caldwell, and/or Taylor were fired.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I’m not sold on Caldwell. The problem is pederson is stubborn.

(01-08-2024, 02:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I’m not sold on Caldwell. The problem is pederson is stubborn.
Pederson won't make changes unless forced, that's why I could see him walking away. It's probably more likely than him actually making any changes.

I agree that little changes will be made and we will repeat this mess next year.

(01-08-2024, 02:41 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:24 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I’m not sold on Caldwell. The problem is pederson is stubborn.
Pederson won't make changes unless forced, that's why I could see him walking away. It's probably more likely than him actually making any changes.

We'd be lucky if Pederson walks away.  Dude is here to collect a paycheck at this point.  He has no idea what's going on.  And it's been proven over and over again for the last 3 months.

We're stuck with Pederson and his lazy coaching for at least another year.  And guess what, it will be Trevor Lawrence that is going to be called the bust.  In fact, it was Pederson and his inability to recognize that his coaches are trash that resulted in this fiasco.  

Don't get me wrong.  We'll maybe win 9 games again next year.  Hell, we may even get to the playoffs.  But the way Pederson coached this team this year, it's obvious that we aren't going to actually develop players.  We are going to be as good as Lawrence is.  But he's not good enough to get us respectable all on his own.  We're just going to be a mediocre team that wins against trash and sometimes shows up against a good team.  But when the season is on the line, we won't show up.  Because the coaches aren't capable of that type of intensity.  

"execution"  Dough kept saying "execution" was lacking.  Well guess what...  The people that are responsible for execution are the managers!!!!  
The coaches are responsible to make sure the employees are able to execute.  They had 18 weeks to figure it out.  And we [BLEEP] the bed against a 5 win team at the end of the season to win our Division.  

What a joke

Yes.

We all noticed.

He checked out the minute he gave Press Taylor the reigns to the Offense. 

This offense never looked like last year's offense.  It never did.  I kept saying that.  I kept saying that this just didn't look like what we had last year.  

And all of us that were calling out this have been proven right.  Even Doug's press conferences this year were ridiculous.  He kept saying they had a good week of practice, and then we have delay of games in the most important times.  Or we have to call time out in the most important times.  Or we have a false start.  Or we just don't have WRs running the correct routes.  

LOL.  I mean, come on.  This entire season was just a paid vacation for the coaching staff.  We should be getting a refund from Pederson for the lack of work he did this year.  You can't look at how well we did last year and then look at how terrible we looked this year, with basically the same players and think this wasn't a total catastrophe of coaching.

(01-07-2024, 08:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm not saying that they need to get rid of Doug (that's above my pay grade)

But I am saying that I'm tired of him..

An Andy Reid disciple is never going to make a believer outta me.

I will never take for granted having meaningful games late in the season. I remember all too vividly having our season be over before Thanksgiving. We were just the door mat of the league etc... that is why when big games like yesterday come up I just fully expect to have my fan heart broken into a hundred pieces. That being said, saying this team is heading up is pretty delusional based on what I've seen this season. This is a team that gets to crucial moments in big games and just looks completely INEPT. Delay of games, penalties, questionable throws out of bounds (broken play?). It just isn't making any sense right now. Defense went into a complete coma after the bye week, and we looked like a team that didn't practice much. We had no urgency when we needed to score, and we had some real chances to win that game yesterday... but losers lose and I'm afraid we have all been duped again.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:21 AM by jaglyn.)

It’s looking more obvious now what Doug had planned for when he took this job. He saw a young team with a decent QB and a franchise with a lot of cap room. He had the idea that he can kickstart the team and guide them in the right direction, and at the same time mentor young assistants who can take the reigns , probably after year 2, and Doug can just coach-manage from a high level

And then when we went 5-0 in October, he jumped the gun and decided to let the assistants run the show and thats where it all fell apart. You can kind see it on the team, with the way some of them looked checked out too, like they didn’t have a real HC on their azz as those losses started piling up. Only a few guys played motivated and one of them was chasing a big contract.

I give credit to the only real dogg EE since he just got paid and still worked his [BLEEP] off game in game out

For what its worth, it’s still more fun than previous seasons post-Del Rio era

It wasn’t long ago that we were yearning for those sub.500 seasons to return