Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No changes will be made, and the franchise slinks back to terribleness

The lifers appreciate 9-8 seasons. Same record as last season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My god, we have back to back wining record seasons for the first time in 20 years and people want to get rid of the HC?

I get we need to make some changes, notably Baalke and maybe Press/Caldwell. But come on now.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-08-2024, 11:58 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My god, we have back to back wining record seasons for the first time in 20 years and people want to get rid of the HC?

I get we need to make some changes, notably Baalke and maybe Press/Caldwell. But come on now.

It's Overreaction Monday on steroids. Not to mention Paradise for the trolls.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2024, 11:58 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: My god, we have back to back wining record seasons for the first time in 20 years and people want to get rid of the HC?

Well, fans gonna fan but I will say I understand the negative vibes because it feels like we’re regressing. We should be just starting to reach our stride. The record since the bye was terrible. We only really had one quality win against the tinhorns and a whole lot of bad play. It’s not the end of the world but given the team’s history, it’s little wonder people want to head to the top of the Modis building.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Should probably fire at the very least, Press Taylor OR Trent Baalke. Either we don't have enough talent to make the playoffs, and that's on Baalke. OR we don't have the coaching, and that's on Press Taylor (and maybe Mike Caldwell too). If Pederson doesn't want to do the play calling, he should bring in someone who can. Baalke better get us an O-line if he's going to stay, or his seat should be on the sun and made of lava.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I don't think anyone wants to fire him by default. The issue is Doug protects the assistant coaches and it's a big reason he was fired from the Eagles.

It's just people seeing the same thing happening and Doug refusing to do anything, so if you can't fire the assistant coaches, the HC has to go.

(01-08-2024, 12:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to fire him by default. The issue is Doug protects the assistant coaches and it's a big reason he was fired from the Eagles.

It's just people seeing the same thing happening and Doug refusing to do anything, so if you can't fire the assistant coaches, the HC has to go.

It's weird how this narrative has taken shape. It's not true, the truth is he wanted to HIRE his own coaches and Lurie and Roseman wanted to make those calls, all to protect Carson Wentz. This narrative is why Carp8 is stuck on Press Taylor, because he "knows" something that isn't true.

Here, this lays it out: https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2022/09/...erson-2-2/

And damn, if THIS isn't history repeating itself:

"The high demand for success somehow pushed Pederson’s accomplishments to the back burner. In some cases, he got roped into blame for relatively successful seasons by most NFL standards with extremely flawed rosters that he didn’t create."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don’t want Pederson gone. I think he’s a good coach. But he’s gonna push himself out of town again like Philly if he doesn’t stop dying on hills for his coordinators when they haven’t done enough to warrant it

(01-08-2024, 01:36 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

I don’t want Pederson gone. I think he’s a good coach. But he’s gonna push himself out of town again like Philly if he doesn’t stop dying on hills for his coordinators when they haven’t done enough to warrant it

Again, when did he die on a hill for his coordinators? He died in Philly for the right to pick them; of course they hadn't done enough to warrant it, they didn't even have the job yet. That whole narrative was just the Philly FO getting rid of Pederson to placate Wentz.

I'm trying not to detract too much from folks' overreactions today because that collapse merits some overreaction.

But, this season would have ended much differently with even a middling/mediocre OL (and a run defense that didn't nosedive to finish the year.)

Lots of other problems to overcome too - but they all take a backseat to the IOL and IDL issues.

IDL is less of a problem in general and even more so if you have a healthy Fatukasi and Hamilton, but we still should add an upgrade to that rotation regardless.

Just think, an upgrade to three positions, G C G, would have changed our fortunes tremendously this season. Heck, only two at a bare minimum would have had a dramatic effect. EVERYBODY who watches this team recognized the problem years ago. Everybody except the man who does the hiring. Trent Baalke dropped the ball. There’s no explaining around it.

Fire Baalke. Fire Press. Fire Rauscher. Fire Caldwell. Doug calls his own plays again.

It starts there.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 02:06 PM by Shad Khans Mustache.)

(01-08-2024, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm trying not to detract too much from folks' overreactions today because that collapse merits some overreaction.

But, this season would have ended much differently with even a middling/mediocre OL (and a run defense that didn't nosedive to finish the year.)

Lots of other problems to overcome too - but they all take a backseat to the IOL and IDL issues.

IDL is less of a problem in general and even more so if you have a healthy Fatukasi and Hamilton, but we still should add an upgrade to that rotation regardless.

The fact that you think coaching couldnt mask some of the bad OL play with the players we had at WR/TE/RB really shows your lack of awareness.

It's so hilarious.

(01-08-2024, 12:37 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Should probably fire at the very least, Press Taylor OR Trent Baalke. Either we don't have enough talent to make the playoffs, and that's on Baalke. OR we don't have the coaching, and that's on Press Taylor (and maybe Mike Caldwell too). If Pederson doesn't want to do the play calling, he should bring in someone who can. Baalke better get us an O-line if he's going to stay, or his seat should be on the sun and made of lava.
The "we didnt have enough talent" is BS claim, at the very least we should've won the division.

The fact that a rookie QB willed his team to the playoffs and we didn't shows you two things: coaching and QB play which = also coaching.

Trevor regressed and that's a worrisome. Coaching is to blame for the most part.

(01-08-2024, 02:01 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm trying not to detract too much from folks' overreactions today because that collapse merits some overreaction.

The fact that you think coaching couldnt mask some of the bad OL play with the players we had at WR/TE/RB really shows your lack of awareness.

It's so hilarious.

Oh really?

OK - since you apparently consider yourself an expert on the topic - go ahead and regale us with the following data:

How many NFL teams ran more 12 and 13 personnel than the Jags? 

What percentage of our RB snaps assigned them to protection and where does that number rank us in the league in RB pass pro usage? 

Are you of the opinion that we did either of those things below the NFL average?

(01-08-2024, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:01 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: The fact that you think coaching couldnt mask some of the bad OL play with the players we had at WR/TE/RB really shows your lack of awareness.

It's so hilarious.

Oh really?

OK - since you apparently consider yourself an expert on the topic - go ahead and regale us with the following data:

How many NFL teams ran more 12 and 13 personnel than the Jags? 

What percentage of our RB snaps assigned them to protection and where does that number rank us in the league in RB pass pro usage? 

Are you of the opinion that we did either of those things below the NFL average?

I konw who led the League in leaving the number 79 impressed on the turf.

Fixing the interior position groups is priority one for sure.
But there are mechanical issues on both sides of the ball. There are issues that I cant quite blame on talent

I think the coaching staff needs some new voices willing to push and challenge the leaders on this team
I think player leadership needs a jolt as well to show there is accountability

As long as press taylor is not on the staff this spring I am ok.

Tank was busting it 4-5 yards every time he got a chance, was was playing hard. He should have been given a shot at the goal line.

(01-08-2024, 04:38 PM)H8tank Wrote: As long as press taylor is not on the staff this spring I am ok.

Tank was busting it 4-5 yards every time he got  a chance, was was playing hard.  He should have been given a shot at the goal line.

Doug: ‘Press, I think it’s time we move on to another offensive coordinator.’

Press: ‘Do you really want those pictures out in public, Doug?’

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 04:47 PM by Pick 6. Edited 1 time in total.)

Not gonna lie, but you had me in the first half. I thought Doug was firing Press Taylor.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold