Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No changes will be made, and the franchise slinks back to terribleness

(01-08-2024, 04:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...55900?s=20

He also said Press Taylor did a nice Job and blamed turnovers for the offense so this comment means nothing.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 04:38 PM)H8tank Wrote: As long as press taylor is not on the staff this spring I am ok.

Tank was busting it 4-5 yards every time he got  a chance, was was playing hard.  He should have been given a shot at the goal line.

Press Taylor literally called for a Tank run from 1.5 yards out and TL decided to call his own number. 

I'm no Press Taylor fan, but at least get the reasons straight when calling for his head.

I'm hoping we start hearing of staff adjustments within the next few days.

Doug said no changes to the IOL - he can’t be serious right?

(01-08-2024, 05:02 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Doug said no changes to the IOL - he can’t be serious right?

where did you see that?

(01-08-2024, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:38 PM)H8tank Wrote: As long as press taylor is not on the staff this spring I am ok.

Tank was busting it 4-5 yards every time he got  a chance, was was playing hard.  He should have been given a shot at the goal line.

Press Taylor literally called for a Tank run from 1.5 yards out and TL decided to call his own number. 

I'm no Press Taylor fan, but at least get the reasons straight when calling for his head.

Tank should have gotten it on 3rd and probably 4th if he didn't get it. I think the real mistake was trying to throw on 3rd down.

(01-08-2024, 05:03 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Press Taylor literally called for a Tank run from 1.5 yards out and TL decided to call his own number. 

Tank should have gotten it on 3rd and probably 4th if he didn't get it. I think the real mistake was trying to throw on 3rd down.

This is what sealed the game for the tacks..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 05:07 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...92080?s=20

Now what's he supposed to say here? Fortner is garbage?

It's very very clear what needs to happen and Pederson isn't a guy to throw a player under the bus. There will be changes to this Oline because it's back to back years of being 31st.

Using the word wholesale in the question gives him an out

If fortner isn't replaced I'm going to protest by not watching jags football until he is.

(01-08-2024, 05:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...92080?s=20

It's very very clear what needs to happen and Pederson isn't a guy to throw a player under the bus. There will be changes to this Oline because it's back to back years of being 31st.

Yeah - I don't expect him to put any individuals between the crosshairs rn.

March and April acquisitions will do the talking on personnel confidence. 

Can't read the tea leaves on the day after the reg seasons ends.

(01-08-2024, 05:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...92080?s=20

I dunno man, Baalke is stubborn - Fortner will be our C 2024

(01-08-2024, 05:14 PM)MojoKing Wrote:

I dunno man, Baalke is stubborn - Fortner will be our C 2024

Let's see how many Centers are added to the roster between March 13 and April 29 before we get too carried away with prognostication.

Until shown concrete steps otherwise, I believe next year will be more of the same. Doug has gone out of his way to praise Fortner all year. Doug is loyal to a fault. You want that in a friend. Maybe not so much in your head coach. He took a bullet for Taylor in Philly. From the little bit I’ve seen, Fortner is quality dude. he’s just not a quality football player and it’s the head coaches job to know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(01-08-2024, 05:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:14 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I dunno man, Baalke is stubborn - Fortner will be our C 2024

Let's see how many Centers are added to the roster between March 13 and April 29 before we get too carried away with prognostication.

man I’m just setting myself up for disappointment - we’ll see what Baalke says during his presser

I'm just looking for accountability.. That's part of the reason why we had to keep tarping seats. Fans got fed up with the complacency.

Who goes and who stays is debatable. But sacrifices need to be made for the lack of effort leading into the last quarter of the season.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Doug lost me after today's press conference.

Talks in circles a lot. Contradicts himself a lot. Blames it all on the players and execution. Says he thinks the coordinators did a good job and the interior of the offensive line is fine, just needs to be healthier. Sounds like he has no confidence in Lawrence as well.

Not good. If Khan doesn't interject and force his hand here we're [BLEEP]. I wouldn't hesitate dropping Doug and his entire [BLEEP] staff right now if I was guaranteed Bill Belichick would be interested in coming here if New England parts ways.

He would fix the defense and get the ground game going within one season.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Doug lost me after today's press conference.

Talks in circles a lot. Contradicts himself a lot. Blames it all on the players and execution. Says he thinks the coordinators did a good job and the interior of the offensive line is fine, just needs to be healthier. Sounds like he has no confidence in Lawrence as well.

Not good. If Khan doesn't interject and force his hand here we're [BLEEP]. I wouldn't hesitate dropping Doug and his entire [BLEEP] staff right now if I was guaranteed Bill Belichick would be interested in coming here if New England parts ways.

I would not be mad at having Bellicheck.. assuming he isn't coach and GM.

He's worse than Balke at the GM part.

(01-08-2024, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Doug lost me after today's press conference.

Doug is trying not to make any coach or player into a target for fan and media outrage today.

For your own sanity, don't try to make it more than that. 

Player acquisitions and coaching interviews are almost certain to paint a different picture IMO.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 05:42 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-08-2024, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Doug is trying not to make any coach or player into a target for fan and media outrage today.

For your own sanity, don't try to make it more than that. 

Player acquisitions and coaching interviews are almost certain to paint a different picture IMO.

I get it, but, he's showing everybody why it didn't workout in Philadelphia.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/17444...2Ockw&s=19

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."