Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No changes will be made, and the franchise slinks back to terribleness

(01-08-2024, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doug is trying not to make any coach or player into a target for fan and media outrage today.

For your own sanity, don't try to make it more than that. 

Player acquisitions and coaching interviews are almost certain to paint a different picture IMO.

I get it, but, he's showing everybody why it didn't workout in Philadelphia.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/17444...2Ockw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I feel stupid asking this but what does he even mean by that tweet? Trevor’s daddy’s favorites?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doug is trying not to make any coach or player into a target for fan and media outrage today.

Player acquisitions and coaching interviews are almost certain to paint a different picture IMO.

I get it, but, he's showing everybody why it didn't workout in Philadelphia.

Can someone translate what Dilla is saying here?

(01-08-2024, 05:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I get it, but, he's showing everybody why it didn't workout in Philadelphia.

I feel stupid asking this but what does he even mean by that tweet? Trevor’s daddy’s favorites?

Trevor's dad has been specifically "liking" comments that allude to the following:

Press Taylor's play calling being suspect on offense
Bad pass protection along the offensive line
Lawrence getting beat up and should be asking for an ultimatum to get it fixed by the organization
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 05:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I feel stupid asking this but what does he even mean by that tweet? Trevor’s daddy’s favorites?

Trevor's dad has been specifically "liking" comments that allude to the following:

Lawrence getting beat up and should be asking for an ultimatum to get it fixed by the organization

He ain’t wrong, but Trevor isn’t going to do #3 he’s too nice of a dude for ultimatums

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:06 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 05:59 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Trevor's dad has been specifically "liking" comments that allude to the following:

He ain’t wrong, but Trevor isn’t going to do #3 he’s too nice of a dude for ultimatums

Trying not to read too much in between the teal colored tea leaves but something is clearly amiss and it appears there is a disconnect between Lawrence, Pederson and Taylor. 

Unless they significantly improve the offensive line, reconfigure the running game and shore up the interior of this defensive line in just ONE off season? This feels like it's destined to free fall into obscurity. 

The same exact way Wentz fell to the wayside in Philadelphia and Doug died on his hill for his coaching staff. I will remain somewhat optimistic but March and April will require a TON of work. A TON. Just to even remotely instill confidence and faith for most fans. 

There's something [BLEEP] wrong though between Lawrence, Pederson and Taylor. I don't like it. Keep an eye out on QB transactions. If they sign a veteran or start bringing in guys for interviews. It's telling. I like Joe Milton out of Tennessee though. You heard it here first.

LOL.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:08 PM by rfc17. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just cuz Trevor's dad likes a post doesn't necessarily mean Trevor feels the exact same way

If Doug actually believes this it is grounds for termination. Going to assume this is coach speak for now.

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...KAgTA&s=19

If Doug doesn't change 3 out of the 5 pieces on this line I want him fired immediately.

https://twitter.com/UCF_Jaguar/status/17...lFQiQ&s=19

(01-08-2024, 06:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:59 PM)MojoKing Wrote: He ain’t wrong, but Trevor isn’t going to do #3 he’s too nice of a dude for ultimatums

Trying not to read too much in between the teal colored tea leaves but something is clearly amiss and it appears there is a disconnect between Lawrence, Pederson and Taylor. 

Unless they significantly improve the offensive line, reconfigure the running game and shore up the interior of this defensive line in just ONE off season? This feels like it's destined to free fall into obscurity. 

The same exact way Wentz fell to the wayside in Philadelphia and Doug died on his hill for his coaching staff. I will remain somewhat optimistic but March and April will require a TON of work. A TON. Just to even remotely instill confidence and faith for most fans. 

There's something [BLEEP] wrong though between Lawrence, Pederson and Taylor. I don't like it. Keep an eye out on QB transactions. If they sign a veteran or start bringing in guys for interviews. It's telling. I like Joe Milton out of Tennessee though. You heard it here first.

LOL.

It's really looking like Cooter made everything work last year and we got stuck with Press Taylor instead of keeping Cooter and making him the OC. The Colts got to the same record with a worse team.

(01-08-2024, 06:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/UCF_Jaguar/status/17...lFQiQ&s=19

I.. don't.. blame.. him!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the beginning of the press conference is Doug not putting blame on Lawrence for the turnover on downs. He says Lawrence has to cut down on turnovers and the says turnover on downs is also a problem those count as turnovers too.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

If Baalke won't build the O-line, then he should be fired. Into the sun.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(01-08-2024, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Doug lost me after today's press conference.

Talks in circles a lot. Contradicts himself a lot. Blames it all on the players and execution. Says he thinks the coordinators did a good job and the interior of the offensive line is fine, just needs to be healthier. Sounds like he has no confidence in Lawrence as well.

Not good. If Khan doesn't interject and force his hand here we're [BLEEP]. I wouldn't hesitate dropping Doug and his entire [BLEEP] staff right now if I was guaranteed Bill Belichick would be interested in coming here if New England parts ways.

He would fix the defense and get the ground game going within one season.

Doug is trying not to make any coach or player into a target for fan and media outrage today.

Really cause he had no issue running the bus over Lawrence and saying what he needed to work on in the offseason is turnovers he then lumbed turnover on downs as being part of the turnover issue basically putting that on Lawrence.

(01-08-2024, 06:41 PM)Protozoa Wrote:

Really cause he had no issue running the bus over Lawrence and saying what he needed to work on in the offseason is turnovers he then lumbed turnover on downs as being part of the turnover issue basically putting that on Lawrence.

Why don't you post a transcript of what he said in those answers. 

He did not blatantly or directly blame Trevor. 

It's OK for him to do so - and TL deserves blame for some of the turnovers and some of the 4th down failures too, but he did not directly call him on it just like he didn't put any other individuals between the crosshairs. 

Look - you can't stand there and answer away every single question about an underperforming offense after 17 games without referring to the one guy who touched the ball on 94% of those plays. And that guy made some mistakes. Pretty tough to completely gloss over that. 

Everybody know Trevor is going to be the starter next year in Jax. 

We can't necessarily say that Taylor will be calling plays, and we can't necessarily say that Fortner will be snapping the ball, so Doug isn't going to put that out there the day after their season ends. He's keeping it classy.

(01-08-2024, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:38 PM)H8tank Wrote: As long as press taylor is not on the staff this spring I am ok.

Tank was busting it 4-5 yards every time he got  a chance, was was playing hard.  He should have been given a shot at the goal line.

Press Taylor literally called for a Tank run from 1.5 yards out and TL decided to call his own number. 

I'm no Press Taylor fan, but at least get the reasons straight when calling for his head.

And the other 3 tries?

(01-08-2024, 06:32 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but in the beginning of the press conference is Doug not putting blame on Lawrence for the turnover on downs. He says Lawrence has to cut down on turnovers and the says turnover on downs is also a problem those count as turnovers too.
Yeah. That's how I see it. The turnover on downs argument is on Doug though. He's the guy choosing to gamble instead of taking the field goals.

He presses his luck way too much and it's harder to win in those situations when everybody knows your offense is one dimensional and your lineman command no respect in the ground game in goal to go or 2 to 3 yard situations.

This is why I can't [BLEEP] stand Doug right now. He's taken very, very little accountability in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 07:07 PM by Protozoa. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-08-2024, 06:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:41 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Really cause he had no issue running the bus over Lawrence and saying what he needed to work on in the offseason is turnovers he then lumbed turnover on downs as being part of the turnover issue basically putting that on Lawrence.

Why don't you post a transcript of what he said in those answers. 

He did not blatantly or directly blame Trevor. 

It's OK for him to do so - and TL deserves blame for some of the turnovers and some of the 4th down failures too, but he did not directly call him on it just like he didn't put any other individuals between the crosshairs. 

Look - you can't stand there and answer away every single question about an underperforming offense after 17 games without referring to the one guy who touched the ball on 94% of those plays. And that guy made some mistakes. Pretty tough to completely gloss over that. 

Everybody know Trevor is going to be the starter next year in Jax. 

We can't necessarily say that Taylor will be calling plays, and we can't necessarily say that Fortner will be snapping the ball, so Doug isn't going to put that out there the day after their season ends. He's keeping it classy.

It's was a question on what Lawrence needs to work on during the offseason. I'm not posting the transcript because were grow adults who know how YouTube works and can look up the video.

My issue with putting the turnover on downs on Lawrence is should they have even been called in the first place and more often than not they shouldn't have been.

Boselli and Prisco let Baalke have it on Jaguars happy hour.

If Khan doesn't can him I think Trevor will end up like Andrew.

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/17445...915L-t18Xg

Looks like things could be happening. Dilla been dropping hints

(01-08-2024, 07:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/17445...915L-t18Xg

Looks like things could be happening. Dilla been dropping hints

lol