Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which QBs would you take over Trev?

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 09:40 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 08:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Stroud season was better than any season by Lawrence. Stroud is the better QB and it's not even close.

Quick question
If Stroud had urban myer as his coach would he have performed to the same level

No, but surely he would have been better than Trevor in his rookie season, no question. 

Wasn't Stroud playing with backups OLs in his game vs us? he still won. Stroud also doesn't have a Kirk, Ridley or Engram.

I am not (and will never be) a blind homer like most people here, sorry.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another thing. Can we stop with this hypothetical, coulda, woulda, shoulda bull [BLEEP] around here?

That's not how it works. You are who you are. You get delt the hand you get delt.

Ball is in your hands. You either succeed more than you fail or you fail more than you succeed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 09:47 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-07-2024, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: A lot of them
Make sure your roommate doesn’t log in

(01-07-2024, 09:10 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Unfortunately Football isn't played in a vacuum so who would you take over him based on Age/Potential

lol Carr Wilson mayfield and Goff? So ironic when Goff is also a turnover machine. 

Remember this is the same guy who said stroud would be terrible
They were all better than Trevir this year, and yes i did say stroud would suck. Whats your point?

(01-07-2024, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Another thing. Can we stop with this hypothetical, coulda, woulda, shoulda bull [BLEEP] around here?

That's not how it works. You are who you are. You get delt the hand you get delt.

Ball is in your hands. You either succeed more than you fail or you fail more than you succeed.

Exactly

Trevor is average - but he’s 24 and has potential to be a top 5-10 qb. He’s just middle of the pack right now.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-07-2024, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Make sure your roommate doesn’t log in

lol Carr Wilson mayfield and Goff? So ironic when Goff is also a turnover machine. 

Remember this is the same guy who said stroud would be terrible
They were all better than Trevir this year, and yes i did say stroud would suck. Whats your point?

(01-07-2024, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Another thing. Can we stop with this hypothetical, coulda, woulda, shoulda bull [BLEEP] around here?

Exactly

Right but who would you take going forward is the question I'm curious about because I've posed it two you twice and you always dance around it with a strawman or flat ignore it.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Allen is looking awesome tonight… ?

(01-07-2024, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Quick question
If Stroud had urban myer as his coach would he have performed to the same level

No, but surely he would have been better than Trevor in his rookie season, no question. 

Wasn't Stroud playing with backups OLs in his game vs us? he still won. Stroud also doesn't have a Kirk, Ridley or Engram.

I'd argue nico Collins and tank dell are a better duo than kirk and ridley. And dalton Schultz is nothing to sneeze at at TE

(01-07-2024, 09:54 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Allen is looking awesome tonight… ?

2 INTs for Allen and 1 for Tua already in the first quarter alone.. But I thought Trevor was the only QB who turned the ball over?

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 09:57 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: They were all better than Trevir this year, and yes i did say stroud would suck. Whats your point?

Exactly

Right but who would you take going forward is the question I'm curious about because I've posed it two you twice and you always dance around it with a strawman or flat ignore it.

I'd take Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, Lamar... possibly Stroud, Love and Purdy depending on how they do going forward.

(01-07-2024, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

2 INTs for Allen and 1 for Tua already in the first quarter alone.. But I thought Trevor was the only QB who turned the ball over?
Allen also had a wide open Diggs and way over shot him.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 10:00 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No, but surely he would have been better than Trevor in his rookie season, no question. 

I'd argue nico Collins and tank dell are a better duo than kirk and ridley. And dalton Schultz is nothing to sneeze at at TE

Weird argument. Nico Collins didn't do anything at all until Stroud got there and Tank Dell is a rookie. Dalton Schultz is also not as good as Engram.

I think what I love most about this board is that you guys jump to point out other QBs who are turning the ball over to seemingly justify the boneheaded throws that Trevor makes sometimes.

I really hope we address O-Line this offseason so we can finally put this to rest. Either Trevor improves or he doesn't, but we need to get rid of the argument on it. Don't pay him. Exercise the 5th year option. Let's see what happens with a better line.

(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No, but surely he would have been better than Trevor in his rookie season, no question. 

LOL good for you.

Funny how Collins was mediocre at best before Stroud.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 10:03 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: They were all better than Trevir this year, and yes i did say stroud would suck. Whats your point?

Exactly

Mahomes
Burrow
Herbert
Tua
Hurts
Lamarr
Stroud

Trevors age is currently his best attribute. One more season of jameis winston lite and im over it. 20 td 20+ turnovers back to back seasons is terrible.

(01-07-2024, 09:57 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: 2 INTs for Allen and 1 for Tua already in the first quarter alone.. But I thought Trevor was the only QB who turned the ball over?
Allen also had a wide open Diggs and way over shot him.

Both of Allen's INTs came in the endzone as well.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2024, 10:04 PM by Protozoa.)

(01-07-2024, 09:57 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Right but who would you take going forward is the question I'm curious about because I've posed it two you twice and you always dance around it with a strawman or flat ignore it.

I'd take Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, Lamar... possibly Stroud, Love and Purdy depending on how they do going forward.

Purdy has already shown he needs everything to be perfect and super stars everywhere to be more then a pumpkin. Hurts has been super inconsistent this year but I get the argument.

(01-07-2024, 10:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:57 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Allen also had a wide open Diggs and way over shot him.

Both of Allen's INTs came in the endzone as well.

Allen leads the league in turnovers since entering the league. The only thing he has going for him is the amount of touchdowns he throws
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-07-2024, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Nah he just does it more than anybody while scoring less than most.

(01-07-2024, 10:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Right but who would you take going forward is the question I'm curious about because I've posed it two you twice and you always dance around it with a strawman or flat ignore it.

Mahomes
Burrow
Herbert
Tua
Hurts
Lamarr
Stroud

Trevors age is currently his best attribute. One more season of jameis winston lite and im over it. 20 td 20+ turnovers back to back seasons is terrible.

"and I'm over it" LOLOLOL. And exactly what are you going to do? Keep Crying? There isn't [BLEEP] you can do about it. Not you, not I, not any of us can do anything.

With the current offensive game planning and play calling, there is not QB that will be successful.

Just watching other real playoff teams, and even the Titans, they all have a game plan that tries to put a D on their heels.

We just have Trevor at shotgun with ETN and then bunch our recievers.  That's what we do.  It's simple.  We're a basic offense.  Good for 8 to 9 wins a year.  

It's not the QB that's at fault.  Just watch other NFL teams.  They look dynamic.  We look basic.

And don't tell me that it's our O-Line.  We just got smoked by a Titan team that has just a trash O-Line as us.  But their offense actually did plays that weren't expected.  We do the same thing, over and over and over again.  We are the epitome of insanity.

Allen just has more experience and a better team , I don’t view him like he’s waaaayyy better than Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 12:28 AM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor needs to play out his contract and then get out Jville as soon as he's eligible for FA. Etienne as well.