Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which QBs would you take over Trev?

(01-07-2024, 10:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I'd argue nico Collins and tank dell are a better duo than kirk and ridley. And dalton Schultz is nothing to sneeze at at TE

LOL good for you.

Funny how Collins was mediocre at best before Stroud.

You could say the same thing about kirk before lawrence.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2024, 12:30 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL good for you.

Or engram

(01-07-2024, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:54 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote: Allen is looking awesome tonight… ?

2 INTs for Allen and 1 for Tua already in the first quarter alone.. But I thought Trevor was the only QB who turned the ball over?

(01-08-2024, 12:30 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL good for you.

Kirk went from 950 yards to 1k

Also season gained an extra game so.. yeah no

(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No, but surely he would have been better than Trevor in his rookie season, no question. 

Wasn't Stroud playing with backups OLs in his game vs us? he still won. Stroud also doesn't have a Kirk, Ridley or Engram.

I am not (and will never be) a blind homer like most people here, sorry.

I'd argue nico Collins and tank dell are a better duo than kirk and ridley. And dalton Schultz is nothing to sneeze at at TE

They seem to always get wide open. What I would like is the Jaguars to run that sort of offense. Tinhorns are so aggressive with bombs.

People that want to move on from Trevor do you think his play issues are correctable? I say they are.
You can't give up almost 200 yards rushing to tacks and 28 points and expect to win.
No Fun

(01-08-2024, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: 2 INTs for Allen and 1 for Tua already in the first quarter alone.. But I thought Trevor was the only QB who turned the ball over?

(01-08-2024, 12:30 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: You could say the same thing about kirk before lawrence.
Kirk went from 950 yards to 1k

Kirk spent 4 years I the league never eclipsing 1k yards came here had 1100 and also the most catches and tds in his career. He 100% took the next step with Trevor. Nico entered his 3rd year this year, not 5th like with kirk. My original point being nico and tnak dell could arguably be better than ridley and kirk stands.

(01-07-2024, 08:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:40 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Stroud season was better than any season by Lawrence. Stroud is the better QB and it's not even close.

Quick question
If Stroud had urban myer as his coach would he have performed to the same level

Trevor has the guy who made Nick Foles SuperBowl MVP and made Carson Wentz look like a super star.

Again, it's not the QB here in Duval that is the problem.  

Patrick Mahomes would look like total trash under this coaching staff.

(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Again, it's not the QB here in Duval that is the problem.  

Mahomes would have probably gone and ripped the headset off Press' head and thrown it out of the stadium at some point during the season.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 02:58 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Even though Lawrence has lost his way a bit this season, I still luv our qb. He will be back with a vengeance.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 05:31 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Allen and the Bills have been overrated for years. The media likes to paint them as heroes but they aren't big time. That being said, Lawrence needs to be "ON" when the lights are the brightest. It is in those bigger moments that he seems to crumble. That wasn't the case last year. Part of Lawrence's game was the "clutch" factor. If it's a random Sunday at 2 PM against the Colts, he may have a 3 TD afternoon and throw for 350 yards randomly in a convincing win by the team (I think this is the main point, he needs help around him). I don't think Lawrence is the type of QB that will make everyone on the offense better, but he can run the offense and get it to the open guy usually and also has good athleticism.

(01-08-2024, 03:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Even though, Lawrence has lost his way a bit this season, I still luv our qb. He will be back with a vengeance.

Same.  I like that he has to come back and win everyone's trust back. If we happened to win yesterday, we wouldn't have done any damage in the playoffs.

LMAO... We have some Jaguar Fans that's MAD, MAD.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-07-2024, 08:46 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: I am in the camp that it doesn't matter who your QB is if you have a high caliber offensive line and a decently intelligent offensive coordinator. Any QB can look damn good if they have confidence in their pocket and a competent run game.

I think the QB does matter, but I do agree with you about the offensive line.  I think with a good enough offensive line, there are a dozen or more QBs that could win a Super Bowl.  I also think Trevor is one of them.  

As for "who would I take over Trevor?"  I don't even think about that.  Trevor is plenty good enough if we give him an offensive line and a running game.  He's not the problem with this team.  He will look so much better if we get a reliable running attack, good pass protection, and he doesn't have to carry the team on offense. 

The problem with this team is pretty simple- blocking and tackling.  They don't block well, and they don't tackle well.  One thing I admire about the Titans is that they will come out and hit you in the mouth.  Even at 5-11, they came out and blocked and tackled so much better than we did.

(01-08-2024, 02:58 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Again, it's not the QB here in Duval that is the problem.  

You’re right, there are multiple issues. But ignoring the fact that Lawrence hasn’t progressed like a lot of us hoped is ignoring reality. Maybe with a top-10 OL and another pro bowl wide receiver he’d look a lot better but right now he has accuracy issues, turnover issues and consistency issues that are much more of a problem than they should be for a number one draft pick who was thought to be a generational talent.

I’m not suggesting he be replaced. He’s still got potential but he needs to figure out a way to minimize the mistakes and play more consistently at a high level.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 07:26 AM by Caldrac.)

Allen had 42 total TD's on the season Vs. 16 INTs and 6 FUM. Not sure how many of the fumbles he lost.

Lawrence had 23 total TD's on the season Vs. 12 INTs and 12 FUM. Not sure how many of the fumbles he lost.

That's the big difference between them. Allen makes costly mistakes but has a tendency to make up for them in chunks.

Lawrence makes costly mistakes but has a tendency to fail in making up for them. Allen also had a change mid season at the offensive coordinator position.

Ultimately? They get a home play off game and our team is reeling after an epic level collapse.

Again, apples to apples, oranges to oranges. You're just sugarcoating a bunch of turds to make you sleep better at night during the off season.

There's issues on this team. One of them is Lawrence's ball security and decision making.

I don't want to hear anymore [BLEEP] excuses around here. Injuries happen in this sport. There's plenty of play off teams that had obstacles to overcome.

Cleveland is a prime example. So is Houston. Kansas City as well. The reality is that this team took turns on a weekly basis playing identity crisis with each squad and they seldom put together a complete football game.

That's on the coaching staff and front office. If injuries are our excuse this week for falling apart? That's a testament to how poorly developed the depth chart is.

The fact that this defense kept getting schooled in big games is a testament to poor coaching and adjustments. Same goes for the offense.

I keep seeing and hearing things about Lawrence freelancing a lot with the football in his hands. Like the goal line failure yesterday with the keeper.

This is similar to what happened back in week two against the Chiefs where he kept it and got schooled on the outside. That's a problem. There's something unnerving about that.

Week 2 and week 18? Still seeing this type of [BLEEP] on offense? Failing to adjust was a common theme all season. Failing to adjust this off season? It will result in the same exact manner in 2024 in the W/L columns.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2024, 10:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I'd argue nico Collins and tank dell are a better duo than kirk and ridley. And dalton Schultz is nothing to sneeze at at TE

LOL good for you.

And so was Kirk before Trevor.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 08:30 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

Year 3. He’s 24 years old. In the last 6 games he played with a high ankle sprain, concussion, AC joint sprain, and a knee problem.

Despite that, he still managed to put up points in many of those games but the defense allowed Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, and Baker Mayfield to look like stars.

This is a team collapse and not just on Trevor. He doesn’t need an elite Oline, just an average interior.

He’s definitely not without faults. Ball sailed on his yesterday sometimes. He makes some head scratching plays at times but so does every QB. He masks so many problems on this team and most of you can’t even see that. I posted an article in another thread but this is Luck all over again. Luck was so good that he hid many of the deficiencies on this roster. If the Jags don’t do something this off season, it’ll either end with Trevor retiring early or him being traded like Stafford.

I hate it here.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 08:53 AM by SamusAranX.)

(01-07-2024, 09:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Make sure your roommate doesn’t log in

lol Carr Wilson mayfield and Goff? So ironic when Goff is also a turnover machine. 

Remember this is the same guy who said stroud would be terrible
They were all better than Trevir this year, and yes i did say stroud would suck. Whats your point?

(01-07-2024, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Another thing. Can we stop with this hypothetical, coulda, woulda, shoulda bull [BLEEP] around here?

That's not how it works. You are who you are. You get delt the hand you get delt.

Ball is in your hands. You either succeed more than you fail or you fail more than you succeed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Exactly

Carr and Goff are just as inconsistent if not more than Trevor so there’s no improvement. It’s clear you can’t evaluate QBs worth a crap so your opinion is useless. Glad to see you’re using the right account

(01-08-2024, 02:54 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Kirk went from 950 yards to 1k

Kirk spent 4 years I the league never eclipsing 1k yards came here had 1100 and also the most catches and tds in his career. He 100% took the next step with Trevor. Nico entered his 3rd year this year, not 5th like with kirk. My original point being nico and tnak dell could arguably be better than ridley and kirk stands.

Yep he conveniently only quoted one stat. He cherry picked, but then again MVP has been against Trevor since the beginning. Remember Trevor is trash

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 08:59 AM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 08:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Year 3. He’s 24 years old. In the last 6 games he played with a high ankle sprain, concussion, AC joint sprain, and a knee problem.

Despite that, he still managed to put up points in many of those games but the defense allowed Jake Browning, Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, and Baker Mayfield to look like stars.

This is a team collapse and not just on Trevor. He doesn’t need an elite Oline, just an average interior.

He’s definitely not without faults. Ball sailed on his yesterday sometimes. He makes some head scratching plays at times but so does every QB. He masks so many problems on this team and most of you can’t even see that. I posted an article in another thread but this is Luck all over again. Luck was so good that he hid many of the deficiencies on this roster. If the Jags don’t do something this off season, it’ll either end with Trevor retiring early or him being traded like Stafford.

I hate it here.

This is where I’m at. 

Turnovers are correctable and or able to be overcome. Last year, Trevor overcame them, for example, the Cowboys game, the Ravens game, and the Chargers game. This year during his 6 game streak of futility, he couldn’t. Now, what could be the difference? I really can’t think , can you?

My fear is that this GM who can’t build a line to save his life and this coaching staff that seems content letting him play with a severed arm and his bell rung are going to Wentz him

(01-08-2024, 12:48 AM)nhiverson Wrote:

They seem to always get wide open. What I would like is the Jaguars to run that sort of offense. Tinhorns are so aggressive with bombs.

People that want to move on from Trevor do you think his play issues are correctable? I say they are.
You can't give up almost 200 yards rushing to tacks and 28 points and expect to win.

(01-08-2024, 08:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Year 3. He’s 24 years old. In the last 6 games he played with a high ankle sprain, concussion, AC joint sprain, and a knee problem.

I hate it here.
Your post is spot on.  But this thread is the reason why TLaw needs to reject any extension and go FA as soon as he can.  He's held responsible for everything on this team and he will never shake that unless he goes somewhere else.  It's just way too toxic for him here.

(01-08-2024, 09:03 AM)PV=nRT Wrote: Your post is spot on.  But this thread is the reason why TLaw needs to reject any extension and go FA as soon as he can.  He's held responsible for everything on this team and he will never shake that unless he goes somewhere else.  It's just way too toxic for him here.

Yeah, why are we criticizing the players when they don’t play well. It’s obviously the fans’ fault.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.