Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which QBs would you take over Trev?

(01-08-2024, 08:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 10:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL good for you.

Funny how Collins was mediocre at best before Stroud.

And so was Kirk before Trevor.

You guys are right, it is the same.

Kirk was no one that's why he got that contract. He went from 982 yards to 1108 with a Trevor in his second year SO IMPRESSIVE!!! 

Nico went from 481 yards to 1297 with a rookie Stroud.

Stroud is the better QB and it's not close, sorry, but hey keep your delusions if that makes you happy.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Look, who cares? We're not getting a new QB, because QB is the least of our problems.

(01-08-2024, 10:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Look, who cares?  We're not getting a new QB, because QB is the least of our problems.

I doubt TLaw sticks around here any longer than he has to.   It would be in his best interest to not let the struggles of this team define him (which has now happened), along with the constant beating he's taking.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 10:55 AM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)therealJallen Wrote: Hi, I ask this because he's getting blasted on Twitter and I just find it all so OTT. Yes, he threw bad passes at the end of the game on 3rd and 4th down but if that long one is caught by Ridley we likely win the game and he's a hero.

So which QBs would you take straight up over Trevor today? Personally I would go Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and that's honestly it. Stroud would be a possibility but I need to see him play like this over a few years, not a rookie year which could be a fluke like Baker Mayfield's was. 

My point is, there really isn't much better out there. We have one of the top QBs in the league and should think ourselves lucky. All franchise QBs have bad games, we can't lay it all on them. Look at what is happening with Hurts at the moment. Plus I think Trevor's shoulder injury was bothering him and causing some inaccurate passes. Get him a better O line and another receiving target and I believe we go from missing the playoffs this year to a deep playoff run next season

Nice to meet you all by the way lol

1. Slightly unrelated but this needs to stop. This is my beef. The constant deflecting and defending a mediocre QB. MAYBE if Trevor throws a better ball, it's way more catchable. Dude was WIDE OPEN and TREVOR MISSED. NOT Ridlley, Ridley extended and BARELY got his fingertips on a ball that traveled 52+ air yards. That is a 1 in 100 catch that even if he made it likely loses it going to the ground. This is on the QB. 

2. I would take about 15 other QBs over him right now, purely to either reset the rookie QB timer or a pro that is flat out a better option. 

Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, or Bo Nix would be the top of the draft prospects I would look at to upgrade/keep the position the same but on the cheap vs paying Trevor 45 mil/yr. The kid from UNC looks intriguing as well, all 4 I would draft if they were there at 17 to push Trevor. 

Now, if let's say we woke up tomorrow and we were allowed to take any QB from a roster, but we had to give them Trevor. Here are the dudes that I would 100% trade him for.. 

Herbert
Hurts
Burrow
Tua 
Allen
Jackson
Dak
Purdy
Stroud
Mahomes

These are sure fire guys I would not hesitate to take. 

Guys like this would be stop gap or more interesting QBs I would have caution but wouldn't be overwhelmingly concerned. 

Cousins (stop gap)
Purdy (system guy?)
Love 

The reality is, and, some of you guys need a severe does of it, is Trevor is a fringe top 20 QB now. After the full body of work, and that absolute choke job at the end of this TEN game, tells me he is not it. Sure, super talented, maybe next year he turns it on... How many "maybe next year" does a generational talent need though? Eventually we have to see results right, before we hand him the bag AND keys to the franchise?

TLDR - I would take nearly 1/2 the league over Trevor and a handful of prospects over TL right now.

(01-08-2024, 10:50 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Look, who cares?  We're not getting a new QB, because QB is the least of our problems.

I doubt TLaw sticks around here any longer than he has to.   It would be in his best interest to not let the struggles of this team define him (which has now happened), along with the constant beating he's taking.

Oh, stop. You sound ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 11:06 AM by PV=nRT.)

(01-08-2024, 10:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-07-2024, 08:03 PM)therealJallen Wrote: Hi, I ask this because he's getting blasted on Twitter and I just find it all so OTT. Yes, he threw bad passes at the end of the game on 3rd and 4th down but if that long one is caught by Ridley we likely win the game and he's a hero.

So which QBs would you take straight up over Trevor today? Personally I would go Burrow, Mahomes, Lamar and that's honestly it. Stroud would be a possibility but I need to see him play like this over a few years, not a rookie year which could be a fluke like Baker Mayfield's was. 

My point is, there really isn't much better out there. We have one of the top QBs in the league and should think ourselves lucky. All franchise QBs have bad games, we can't lay it all on them. Look at what is happening with Hurts at the moment. Plus I think Trevor's shoulder injury was bothering him and causing some inaccurate passes. Get him a better O line and another receiving target and I believe we go from missing the playoffs this year to a deep playoff run next season

Nice to meet you all by the way lol

1. Slightly unrelated but this needs to stop. This is my beef. The constant deflecting and defending a mediocre QB. MAYBE if Trevor throws a better ball, it's way more catchable. Dude was WIDE OPEN and TREVOR MISSED. NOT Ridlley, Ridley extended and BARELY got his fingertips on a ball that traveled 52+ air yards. That is a 1 in 100 catch that even if he made it likely loses it going to the ground. This is on the QB. 

2. I would take about 15 other QBs over him right now, purely to either reset the rookie QB timer or a pro that is flat out a better option. 

Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, or Bo Nix would be the top of the draft prospects I would look at to upgrade/keep the position the same but on the cheap vs paying Trevor 45 mil/yr. The kid from UNC looks intriguing as well, all 4 I would draft if they were there at 17 to push Trevor. 

Now, if let's say we woke up tomorrow and we were allowed to take any QB from a roster, but we had to give them Trevor. Here are the dudes that I would 100% trade him for.. 

Herbert
Hurts
Burrow
Tua 
Allen
Jackson
Dak
Purdy
Stroud
Mahomes

Guys like this would be stop gap or more interesting QBs I would have caution but wouldn't be overwhelmingly concerned. 

Cousins (stop gap)
Purdy (system guy?)
Love 

The reality is, and, some of you guys need a severe does of it, is Trevor is a fringe top 20 QB now. After the full body of work, and that absolute choke job at the end of this TEN game, tells me he is not it. Sure, super talented, maybe next year he turns it on... How many "maybe next year" does a generational talent need though? Eventually we have to see results right, before we hand him the bag AND keys to the franchise?

TLDR - I would take nearly 1/2 the league over Trevor and a handful of prospects over TL right now.
How did Tua do last night?

(01-08-2024, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:50 AM)PV=nRT Wrote: I doubt TLaw sticks around here any longer than he has to.   It would be in his best interest to not let the struggles of this team define him (which has now happened), along with the constant beating he's taking.

Oh, stop. You sound ridiculous.

Why should he stick around here and take a beating both during and after the game?   He's literally being compared to Bethard and many on here would take half the other QB's.   He needs to get out and away from this toxic mess.

(01-08-2024, 11:04 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: 1. Slightly unrelated but this needs to stop. This is my beef. The constant deflecting and defending a mediocre QB. MAYBE if Trevor throws a better ball, it's way more catchable. Dude was WIDE OPEN and TREVOR MISSED. NOT Ridlley, Ridley extended and BARELY got his fingertips on a ball that traveled 52+ air yards. That is a 1 in 100 catch that even if he made it likely loses it going to the ground. This is on the QB. 

Herbert
Hurts
Burrow
Tua 
Allen
Jackson
Dak
Purdy
Stroud
Mahomes

Cousins (stop gap)
Purdy (system guy?)
Love 

(01-08-2024, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh, stop. You sound ridiculous.

Why should he stick around here and take a beating both during and after the game?   He's literally being compared to Bethard and many on here would take half the other QB's.   He needs to get out and away from this toxic mess.

Or maybe he should look in the mirror and play better.

(01-08-2024, 11:04 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:53 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: 1. Slightly unrelated but this needs to stop. This is my beef. The constant deflecting and defending a mediocre QB. MAYBE if Trevor throws a better ball, it's way more catchable. Dude was WIDE OPEN and TREVOR MISSED. NOT Ridlley, Ridley extended and BARELY got his fingertips on a ball that traveled 52+ air yards. That is a 1 in 100 catch that even if he made it likely loses it going to the ground. This is on the QB. 

Herbert
Hurts
Burrow
Tua 
Allen
Jackson
Dak
Purdy
Stroud
Mahomes

Cousins (stop gap)
Purdy (system guy?)
Love 

(01-08-2024, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oh, stop. You sound ridiculous.

He’ll go where the fat wads of cash are being handed out, and that place is here.

(01-08-2024, 02:54 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 12:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Kirk went from 950 yards to 1k

Also season gained an extra game so.. yeah no

Kirk spent 4 years I the league never eclipsing 1k yards came here had 1100 and also the most catches and tds in his career. He 100% took the next step with Trevor. Nico entered his 3rd year this year, not 5th like with kirk. My original point being nico and tnak dell could arguably be better than ridley and kirk stands.

You're leaving out the part where kirk was the #3 wr behind D hop and Fitzgerald. 

You're leaving out the part where he took hundreds of more snaps here than in Arizona

But, by all means GO OFF.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 11:20 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am 50/50 with this belief. I wouldn't say he's the least of our problems, certain elements to his game are though, for sure, a problem. You cannot keep overlooking nor downplaying the turnovers with him. You also have to look at the physical and mental beating he took this year, between the knee, the ankle, the concussion and the throwing shoulder injuries. 

There needs to be accountability for this on two levels. Number one, on Lawrence, for not being completely honest with himself and the staff if his game was that thrown off and out of balance with these injuries stacking up against him, and, the coaching staff also has to absorb the majority of the blame for continuing to throw him out there to the wolves. 

They left that kid on an island out there and he struggled. So, it's 50/50 for me. In the season of the "Back-Up QB". We said to hell with that trend and kept trying to force a spark out there that just wasn't possible. We had the flint, just no tinder. At this point, he's a Jaguar. At least for the next two seasons. 

I would be cautiously optimistic with him. His future is hitched with Baalke and Pederson. Something has to change fundamentally in their principles, their approach and their philosophy this off season. It's okay to take the kids gloves off now and start being a little more brutally honest and more quickly to set the tone or make adjustments that are clearly and direly needed. 

There was very little adjustments made all season. That's the most alarming aspect for me. Started in the 2023 off season and it resonated like radioactive material throughout the entirety of the season. Lawrence really is a one read passer and this entire defense really is a hope defense. 

We got exposed. Truth hurts. Failing to accept it and address it hurts more though. They have a very, very short window to get this fixed starting now and prior to training camp. Here's to reading more positive things and hoping less but actually demanding more as a fanbase.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 11:04 AM)PV=nRT Wrote: How did Tua do last night?

He’ll go where the fat wads of cash are being handed out, and that place is here.

He'd be smart to take less and go somewhere else.

I really don't think I can take 8 months of Trevor Lawrence discourse this off season.

May need a self imposed ban lol

Trevor may not turn out to be the next great QB but at least the #2 pick was Zach Wilson and we're not in Carolina's position of drafting baby boy Bryce over CJ Stroud

(01-08-2024, 02:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I really don't think I can take 8 months of Trevor Lawrence discourse this off season.

May need a self imposed ban lol

That will eventually dwindle on here. At least the media is calling it exactly what it is. 

1. Banged up QB.
2. No running game. 
3. No offensive line. 
4. Inconsistent defense. 
5. No defensive line. 
6. No rush outside of Allen and Walker. 
7. Questionable coaching decisions and practices. 
8. Turnovers. 

There's plenty of blame to go around. Most people know this. Unfortunately, folks like to pin it on the QB and HC because the QB and HC get all the glory in this sport. It's just the nature of the business. 

You could have a squad ruin a skirmish, abandon orders and go rogue mid campaign, get a few folks killed, lose fellow comrades with friendly fire, etc. Who gets the blame? The Captain and Co. Captain.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-08-2024, 10:50 AM)PV=nRT Wrote:

Every post of yours is "Trevor needs to get out ASAP!"

You okay?

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 02:31 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 02:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 10:50 AM)PV=nRT Wrote: I doubt TLaw sticks around here any longer than he has to.   It would be in his best interest to not let the struggles of this team define him (which has now happened), along with the constant beating he's taking.

Every post of yours is "Trevor needs to get out ASAP!"

You okay?

I'm fine.  How am I incorrect that TLaw would benefit from going somewhere where he's not beat up on and off the field?

(01-08-2024, 02:31 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:11 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Every post of yours is "Trevor needs to get out ASAP!"

You okay?

I'm fine.  How am I incorrect that TLaw would benefit from going somewhere where he's not beat up on and off the field?

He's allowed to be criticized.

Are you his mom? Are you trying to protect his feelings?

There isn't a fanbase that isn't going to criticize him when he [BLEEP] up.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 02:45 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:31 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: I'm fine.  How am I incorrect that TLaw would benefit from going somewhere where he's not beat up on and off the field?

He's allowed to be criticized.

He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because of drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight up for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

(01-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: He's allowed to be criticized.

He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because if drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight uo for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

Trevor covers a multitude of sins, these folks just don't realize it. Perfect? Nope, but he's carrying the whole damn franchise on his shoulders.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2024, 02:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 02:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: He's allowed to be criticized.

He threw for nearly 300 yards yesterday and 2 TD's.  He got credited with 2 picks, even though 1 wasn't his fault.   2 of the Jags drives ended because if drops on well thrown balls.   He had no running game and was playing with multiple injuries including ac joint on his throwing shoulder.   His OL is trash and his WR corps is very pedestrian without Kirk in the lineup.  The defense was terrible all game.   And yet, most of the posts on here are about how bad he played.   This place has the expectation that he has to be perfect and overcome a ton of obstacles.   Tua and Jalen looked like crap yesterday, but  many on this board would love to trade them straight uo for TLaw.   A change in scenery would be the best thing for him since he takes most of the blame on here.   What have I said that's incorrect?

No, the issues with Trevor have been compounding.

But his mistakes yesterday? My biggest issues with him yesterday was the second interception and the constant passes short of the first down marker.

And then when he has the chance to show he is our franchise QB, he overthrows Ridley and then throws 2 passes that a 6'11" WR might have caught.

Sure, he's dealing with injuries. Sure, the O-Line is bad. But that doesn't mean he's not allowed to receive criticism.