Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say it with me now..

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 05:46 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor did not suddenly fall off a cliff after injuries. The biggest change from 8-3 to 9-8 was the defense either got exposed, or got worse. Trevor was the same guy from week 1 to week 18. That excuse is not valid.

[Image: 47d78dbe57cecb27540bdbd3aa9ac2f4.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He was off on his accuracy some I felt. You can’t have 14 interceptions unless you are throwing in the 30 or more touchdowns range. Moreover, he had dumb fumbles. He will correct these things.

(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He was off on his accuracy some I felt. You can’t have 14 interceptions unless you are throwing in the 30 or more touchdowns range. Moreover, he had dumb fumbles. He will correct these things.

I hope he does fix it, but I just am seeing a lot of people RN acting like he dramatically changed after injury when that just is not the case. The defense got incredibly worse tho, that's what actually happened. 

We went from holding Mahomes to 17 pts to letting backups torch us for 30.

I think the sooner Baalke realizes Trevor is a mid QB, the sooner we likely look for his replacement. This draft probably isn't the one, unless you take a flyer on day 2-3. Armchair GMing this team, I would let Rid walk but bolster the IOL, Keep Ezra and go get us a good Center. The tackles are set, Little is a great backup and Cam/Anton will be good. Go draft/sign a burner WR and let Trevor cook behind a better OL with Zay/Kirk/new WR/Engram/ETN. Those are more than adequate weapons for an elite QB.

Give Trevor EVERYTHING and see how it goes, if we get another 20TD 20 Turnover season, it would be in this team's best interest to draft a QB next year.

(01-08-2024, 05:52 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think the sooner Baalke realizes Trevor is a mid QB, the sooner we likely look for his replacement. This draft probably isn't the one, unless you take a flyer on day 2-3. Armchair GMing this team, I would let Rid walk but bolster the IOL, Keep Ezra and go get us a good Center. The tackles are set, Little is a great backup and Cam/Anton will be good. Go draft/sign a burner WR and let Trevor cook behind a better OL with Zay/Kirk/new WR/Engram/ETN. Those are more than adequate weapons for an elite QB.

Give Trevor EVERYTHING and see how it goes, if we get another 20TD 20 Turnover season, it would be in this team's best interest to draft a QB next year.

I do think he will play better under better circumstances, particularly the OL.. however I do agree, a 4th straight season with these kind of stats would probably do it for me if I was the GM.

Say it with me now...

"Stats don't tell you jack [BLEEP] compared to film"

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:03 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Say it with me now...

I agree, feel free to go back and watch his play. These stats don't even include the 12 fumbles, makes him look even better than he was.

I know you like facts/stats NYC, can you tell me a time where Trevor threw for 3 or more TDs without throwing a pick.. or better yet, without throwing at least 2-3 picks?

I'll wait.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:14 PM by ClemsonRob. Edited 1 time in total.)

I must be bored... I'll play.

If you cannot see that up through the Bengals game, so the first 12 games, he hit on 2/3 completion % 9/12 times and had 14 tds to 7 picks and in the last 4 games (where he was injured) he hit 2/3 of his passes only once and threw the other 7 picks to go with 7 tds, I don't really know what to say.

Seems, like you aren't really making the point you think you are. I know you think he needs to be hitting 300 yards and 3 or 4 tds weekly...

Stats are great, they can be twisted around any way you want them to be.

(01-08-2024, 06:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I agree, feel free to go back and watch his play. These stats don't even include the 12 fumbles, makes him look even better than he was.

I know you like facts/stats NYC, can you tell me a time where Trevor threw for 3 or more TDs without throwing a pick.. or better yet, without throwing at least 2-3 picks?

I'll wait.

Your question here has nothing at all to do with whether injuries affected his performance this year. 

They did. 

Without doubt. 

You can cherry pick whatever stats you want. He clearly struggled after the ankle, concussion and shoulder more than he did before those injuries. I don't have a single ounce of doubt about that and I'm also very disappointed in his mistakes this year on the whole despite the injuries. 

You can be critical of his play without trying to wipe away the reality of playing hurt from the equation.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2024, 06:16 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2024, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I agree, feel free to go back and watch his play. These stats don't even include the 12 fumbles, makes him look even better than he was.

I'll wait.

Your question here has nothing at all to do with whether injuries affected his performance this year. 

They did. 

Without doubt. 

You can cherry pick whatever stats you want. He clearly struggled after the ankle, concussion and shoulder more than he did before those injuries. I don't have a single ounce of doubt about that and I'm also very disappointed in his mistakes this year on the whole despite the injuries. 

You can be critical of his play without trying to wipe away the reality of playing hurt from the equation.

Lol did you really just say I cherry picked stats when I posted his entire seasons game log?

Are you really this stupid?

Also I pointed it out because I've seen at least 6-7 people on this forum acting like he went from ELITE carrying our sorry defense to 8-3 to sucking all of the sudden based on injury.

The defense collapsed, not him.

(01-08-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Your question here has nothing at all to do with whether injuries affected his performance this year. 

They did. 

Without doubt. 

Lol did you really just say I cherry picked stats when I posted his entire seasons game log?

Also I pointed it out because I've seen at least 6-7 people on this forum acting like he went from ELITE carrying our sorry defense to 8-3 to sucking all of the sudden based on injury.

Oh dear lord -  you listed a whole season of just a few stats leaving out tons of others - that is cherry picking stats
Why do I need to explain this? LOL

Why would anyone say he was carrying the defense early when the defense were giving him more opportunity with turnovers for the first  9 weeks??  Your claim of what you've supposedly seen form 6-7 people seems dubious at best, and if not those people don't understand what this defense did this year in the early weeks. 

He made more mistakes after the injuries piled up. 
You can quote all the stats you'd like. He did.  
I know what I saw. 
He made plenty before that too -  and he needs to improve in multiple areas, but trying to erase the injury component to his late season play is just asinine. Fools errand, and dumb hill for you to die on here.

Also - you already had this crap shot down in another thread

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1602894

(01-08-2024, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol did you really just say I cherry picked stats when I posted his entire seasons game log?

Oh dear lord -  you listed a whole season of just a few stats leaving out tons of others - that is cherry picking stats

Why would anyone say he was carrying the defense early when the defense were giving him more opportunity with turnovers for the first  9 weeks??  Your claim of what you've supposedly seen form 6-7 people seems dubious at best, and if not those people don't understand what this defense did this year in the early weeks. 

I know what I saw. 
He made plenty before that too -  and he needs to improve in multiple areas, but trying to erase the injury component to his late season play is just asinine. Fools errand, and dumb hill for you to die on here.

Trevors injurys did not change the teams fortune.

(01-08-2024, 05:52 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think the sooner Baalke realizes Trevor is a mid QB, the sooner we likely look for his replacement. This draft probably isn't the one, unless you take a flyer on day 2-3. Armchair GMing this team, I would let Rid walk but bolster the IOL, Keep Ezra and go get us a good Center. The tackles are set, Little is a great backup and Cam/Anton will be good. Go draft/sign a burner WR and let Trevor cook behind a better OL with Zay/Kirk/new WR/Engram/ETN. Those are more than adequate weapons for an elite QB.

They aren't going to replace Trevor and it would be the dumbest thing ever to do so.... it's dumb to even suggest it

(01-08-2024, 06:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh dear lord -  you listed a whole season of just a few stats leaving out tons of others - that is cherry picking stats

I know what I saw. 

Trevors injurys did not change the teams fortune.

Are you altering your initial claim that TL was the same guy from week 1 to week 18 into "QB injury didn't affect the W/L record?" 

I mean - the latter is much harder to prove, but both are kind of pointless pursuits. 

If you've got some quality gripes about the QB - post them. 

Trying to say his mistakes after injury weren't due to injury just seems silly as [BLEEP].

(01-08-2024, 06:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol did you really just say I cherry picked stats when I posted his entire seasons game log?

I know what I saw. 

The defense also allowed teams to get back in the game but I they were fortunate enough to take the lead again.... A lot of games earlier on in the season were a lot closer than they needed to be due to the defense.... Trevor put up enough points to beat Bengals and Cleveland yet the defense couldn't stop anyone.... Took the lead against the Texans the defense let them right back in the game and without a missed field goal at the end they would have tied...

(01-08-2024, 05:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He was off on his accuracy some I felt. You can’t have 14 interceptions unless you are throwing in the 30 or more touchdowns range. Moreover, he had dumb fumbles. He will correct these things.

I hope he does fix it, but I just am seeing a lot of people RN acting like he dramatically changed after injury when that just is not the case. The defense got incredibly worse tho, that's what actually happened. 

Very true, people are painting a narrative like it was the injuries why he played so poorly. He has  big question marks on his game.

Wrong.

(01-08-2024, 06:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 06:38 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Trevors injurys did not change the teams fortune.

Are you altering your initial claim that TL was the same guy from week 1 to week 18 into "QB injury didn't affect the W/L record?" 

I mean - the latter is much harder to prove, but both are kind of pointless pursuits. 

If you've got some quality gripes about the QB - post them. 

Trying to say his mistakes after injury weren't due to injury just seems silly as [BLEEP].

Shouldn't this whole thread be merged into the Trevor discussion thread and cjb warned for his dumb trolling?

(01-08-2024, 06:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I hope he does fix it, but I just am seeing a lot of people RN acting like he dramatically changed after injury when that just is not the case. The defense got incredibly worse tho, that's what actually happened. 

Very true, people are painting a narrative like it was the injuries why he played so poorly. He has  big question marks on his game.

all it takes is a couple of percentage points here and there to change the outcome of a game

Maybe a healthy Trevor is able to get a completion more per game. Or able to utilize movement more.
Sure he has plenty to improve, but to act like multiple injuries and 5 straight weeks of very limited practice didnt affect his game, is kinda crazy

(01-08-2024, 06:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 05:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I hope he does fix it, but I just am seeing a lot of people RN acting like he dramatically changed after injury when that just is not the case. The defense got incredibly worse tho, that's what actually happened. 

So injuries have no effect on how a player plays?
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]