Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say it with me now..

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 01:36 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-09-2024, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We went from 8-3 to 9-8 because our defense played like [BLEEP] in the Ohio games and because we couldn't run the ball effectively once San Fran showed everyone how easy it was to stop us. Your stupid Strikeout shows your true colors, you poser.
Weeks 1-12- 12th in PPGA (20.45 PPGA)
Weeks 13-18- 26th in PPGA (24.3 PPGA) and this includes the Panthers game which is a joke. This also included giving up 34 to Browning, 31 to Flacco, 30 to Baker and 28 to Ryan friggin Tannehill.

Weeks 1-12- 23 PPG
Weeks 13-18- 20.5 PPG

The offense sure had its down points but the reason this team isn't in the playoffs is because of the defense. They fell off a cliff.
That's exactly right, and PPG numbers are bound to go up when the first 12 weeks had over 25 turnovers forced by the D, and the final 6 weeks had like 1 or 2 more.

(01-09-2024, 01:32 PM)Preach Wrote: A consistent theme for Trevor that even announcers called out frequently is his lack of field scanning. He fixates on 1 receiver and stares them down while missing wide open receivers elsewhere. That is a huge miss.

Don't need to hear the anouncers for this one, it's pretty obvious he does this when watching the game. And the few times he dosen't throw it to the first read he throws a late pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2024, 01:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:32 PM)Preach Wrote: A consistent theme for Trevor that even announcers called out frequently is his lack of field scanning. He fixates on 1 receiver and stares them down while missing wide open receivers elsewhere. That is a huge miss.

I don't recall hearing that "frequently" from announcers or even much at all though I don't always re-watch the home games on TV.

Trevor has turned into a 1 read QB, film don't lie. One read + sped up = what we got this year, bad year, more turnovers. He needs an O line and he needs to slow down his game. He has shown the ability to go through progressions, but he has regressed a bit this year, to say otherwise is a bold faced lie.

I also don’t understand this whole “Trevor needs to take the easy throws”.

He is taking them. The whole offense was built on getting the ball out quick. Go back and look at how many of the quick routes he would hit for Engram, Kirk, etc for 5 yards. He had the quickest release time this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 01:50 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 01:43 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don't recall hearing that "frequently" from announcers or even much at all though I don't always re-watch the home games on TV.

Trevor has turned into a 1 read QB, film don't lie. One read + sped up = what we got this year, bad year, more turnovers. He needs an O line and he needs to slow down his game. He has shown the ability to go through progressions, but he has regressed a bit this year, to say otherwise is a bold faced lie.

Sure, time to pressure being what it is he's had to get the ball out quick on most drop backs which doesn't lend itself to getting to the 3rd read much.  That was the case in '22 as well, though I thought he did a better job of getting it out quick in '22 as well.   I just don't recall announcers pouncing on him as such.  Nor do I agree that it's 1 read and throw every time either.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 01:50 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

Do people not realize what kind of offense we were forced to run this year because of Baalke’s idiotic offseason? 

This was by DESIGN. We wanted to get the ball out quick as the line couldn’t hold up consistently. Trevor, again has the fastest release time most of this season. The offense was geared that way by Taylor. You’ll notice that when Trevor has more then 2 seconds to throw, he did scan, move up the pocket, and go down the field but it was not as much this year. By the hand they were dealt.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 02:00 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 4 times in total.)

(01-09-2024, 01:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We went from 8-3 to 9-8 because our defense played like [BLEEP] in the Ohio games and because we couldn't run the ball effectively once San Fran showed everyone how easy it was to stop us. Your stupid Strikeout shows your true colors, you poser.

We were 8-3 because our defense forced 25 turnovers and was playing really well early on. We stopped winning when they stopped playing well. 

Lawrence was hardly a factor win-lose-draw.

How did the Jags manage #13 in tOFF and #9 in passing OFF behind one of the worst OL's in the league and against the 8th toughest schedule if TLaw is pedestrian and "hardly a factor"?

(01-09-2024, 01:57 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: We were 8-3 because our defense forced 25 turnovers and was playing really well early on. We stopped winning when they stopped playing well. 

Lawrence was hardly a factor win-lose-draw.

How did the Jags manage #13 in tOFF and #9 in passing OFF behind one of the worst OL's in the league and against the 8th toughest schedule if TLaw is pedestrian and "hardly a factor"?

Probably not hard to do when you get 25 takeaways the first 10-11 weeks of the season I imagine since it's based on points/yards.  

Could explain why we fell off a cliff when the turnovers stopped pouring in.

(01-09-2024, 02:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:57 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: How did the Jags manage #13 in tOFF and #9 in passing OFF behind one of the worst OL's in the league and against the 8th toughest schedule if TLaw is pedestrian and "hardly a factor"?

Probably not hard to do when you get 25 takeaways the first 10-11 weeks of the season I imagine since it's based on points/yards.  

Takeaways = offensive yardage production?  How is it easier to move the ball with a bad OL and a QB who's hardly a factor after a turnover versus a punt/kickoff?  You got sone spinning to do.

(01-09-2024, 03:02 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 02:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Probably not hard to do when you get 25 takeaways the first 10-11 weeks of the season I imagine since it's based on points/yards.  

Takeaways = offensive yardage production?  How is it easier to move the ball with a bad OL and a QB who's hardly a factor after a turnover versus a punt/kickoff?  You got sone spinning to do.

Mathmatically speaking, I'd say if you get 2 drives versus 1, you're likely to gain more yards/score more often with 2 chances rather than 1? Not to mention a lot of our turnovers happened past mid field. 

It's really not hard to understand.

(01-09-2024, 03:06 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:02 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: Takeaways = offensive yardage production?  How is it easier to move the ball with a bad OL and a QB who's hardly a factor after a turnover versus a punt/kickoff?  You got sone spinning to do.

Mathmatically speaking, I'd say if you get 2 drives versus 1, you're likely to gain more yards/score more often with 2 chances rather than 1? Not to mention a lot of our turnovers happened past mid field. 

It is hard to understand.  Quite often after a turnover, you have a short, compressed field which gives less opportunity to accumulate yards.  This is especially true in the passing game, in which the Jags were #8.  Nice try though.  ?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:23 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 03:19 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:06 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Mathmatically speaking, I'd say if you get 2 drives versus 1, you're likely to gain more yards/score more often with 2 chances rather than 1? Not to mention a lot of our turnovers happened past mid field. 

It is hard to understand.  Quite often after a turnover, you have a short, compressed field which gives less opportunity to accumulate yards.  This is especially true in the passing game, in which the Jags were #8.  Nice try though.  ?

So when you get added time of possesion and overall more possesions in a game than you typically would, a short field negates points/yards?

Again, we had 25 turnovers in week 12, I'm fairly certain we ended with 27 total. 

Weird how our PPG/YPG dropped so much in that same time frame huh, along with us losing most of those games. You must be right.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:35 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-09-2024, 03:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:19 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: It is hard to understand.  Quite often after a turnover, you have a short, compressed field which gives less opportunity to accumulate yards.  This is especially true in the passing game, in which the Jags were #8.  Nice try though.  ?

So when you get added time of possesion and overall more possesions in a game than you typically would, a short field negates points/yards?

Again, we had 25 turnovers in week 12, I'm fairly certain we ended with 27 total. 

Weird how our PPG/YPG dropped so much in that same time frame huh, along with us losing most of those games. You must be right.
If takeaways is the key to offensive passing production, then why were the Giants/Ravens 31st/21st in passing while leading the league in takeaways with 31? Jville was 9th with a QB that was"hardly a factor" and fewer takeaways

(01-09-2024, 03:33 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So when you get added time of possesion and overall more possesions in a game than you typically would, a short field negates points/yards?

If takeaways is the key to offensive passing production, then why were the Giants/Ravens 31st/21st in passing while leading the league in takeaways with 31?  Jville was 9th with a QB that was"hardly a factor" and fewer takeaways

So your argument is to use a QB who rushed 148 times for 821 yards with 150 less passing attempts than Trevor and The bum carousel in New York as a measuring stick?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:44 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 03:39 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:33 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: If takeaways is the key to offensive passing production, then why were the Giants/Ravens 31st/21st in passing while leading the league in takeaways with 31?  Jville was 9th with a QB that was"hardly a factor" and fewer takeaways

So your argument is to use a QB who rushed 148 times for 821 yards with 150 less passing attempts than Trevor and The bum carousel in New York as a measuring stick?

You guys have called TLaw DJones 2.0, so that comparison is valid.   YOU are the one who claimed it's easy to rack up passing yards because of takeaways.  There is no statistical correlation to passing yards versus takeaways.  Sorry, but thanks for the LOL.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:45 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(01-09-2024, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1744781890182054242

That chiefs game was rough, makes up half this video lol.

(01-09-2024, 03:44 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:39 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So your argument is to use a QB who rushed 148 times for 821 yards with 150 less passing attempts than Trevor and The bum carousel in New York as a measuring stick?

You guys have called TLaw DJones 2.0, so that comparison is valid.   YOU are the one who it's easy to rack up passing yards because of takeaways.  There is no statistical correlation to passing yards versus takeaways.  Sorry, but thanks for the LOL.

Lol when the hell have I ever called him Daniel Jones. And no worries, i'm still LOLing myself at the fact that your brain can't comprehend that when given more oppurtunities to pass than normal you're more likely to get more yards/tds.

(01-09-2024, 03:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1744781890182054242

That chiefs game was rough, makes up half this video lol.

(01-09-2024, 03:44 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: You guys have called TLaw DJones 2.0, so that comparison is valid.   YOU are the one who it's easy to rack up passing yards because of takeaways.  There is no statistical correlation to passing yards versus takeaways.  Sorry, but thanks for the LOL.

Lol when the hell have I ever called him Daniel Jones. And no worries, i'm still LOLing myself at the fact that your brain can't comprehend that when given more oppurtunities to pass than normal you're more likely to get more yards/tds.

A team with a bad OL and a QB who is "hardly a factor" is going to rocket to 9th in the league in passing yards because they finished tied for tenth in takeaways?   Now that's funny.   Can you provide us with a statistical correlation to prove this?

(01-09-2024, 03:49 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:44 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: That chiefs game was rough, makes up half this video lol.

A team with a bad OL and a QB who is "hardly a factor" is going to rocket to 9th in the league in passing yards because they finished tied for tenth in takeaways?   Now that's funny.   Can you provide us with a statistical correlation to prove this?

Sure, he's 9th in passing yards now tell me what he ranks in YPA.

Crazy how many of them were from Ridley lol.

(01-09-2024, 03:59 PM)enigma Wrote:

Crazy how many of them were from Ridley lol.

Zay too