Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Say it with me now..

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:19 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-09-2024, 03:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:49 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: A team with a bad OL and a QB who is "hardly a factor" is going to rocket to 9th in the league in passing yards because they finished tied for tenth in takeaways?   Now that's funny.   Can you provide us with a statistical correlation to prove this?

Sure, he's 9th in passing yards now tell me what he ranks in YPA.

Moving the goal posts I see.  I was incorrect, Jville was 8th in passing, not 9th?  How does a team do that with a QB who is "hardly a factor" playing behind a terrible OL? As for "takeaway" narrative, here is how the top 10 teams in takeaways rank in passing yardage.

1.  NYG.   31st
1.  BAL.    21ST
3.  Buff.    10th
4.  NO.      13th
5.  CHI.      27th
6.   CLE.     19th
7.  Sf.           6th
8.   Jac.        8th
9.    Mia.       2nd
10.  NYJ.     30th

?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2024, 04:17 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:59 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Sure, he's 9th in passing yards now tell me what he ranks in YPA.

Moving the goal posts I see.  I was incorrect, Jville was 8th in passing, not 9th?  How does a team do that with a QB who is "hardly a factor" playing behind a terrible OL?  As for "takeaway" narrative, here is how the top 10 teams in takeaways rank in passing yardage.

1.  NYG.   31st
1.  BAL.    21ST
3.  Buff.    10th
4.  NO.      13th
5.  CHI.      27th
6.   CLE.     19th
7.  Sf.           6th
8.   Jac.        8th
9.    Mia.       2nd
10.  NYJ.     30th

?

So you're telling me that taking the ball away and giving your offense extra drives is not going to help the team score?

These stats you provided just prove my point with Tua/Purdy/Allen etc. The outlier teams are the ones who either have a QB with 100+ rushing attempts  fields/lamarr or a team with no true starter jets/cle/NYG

Try again.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:42 PM by PV=nRT. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 04:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:17 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: Moving the goal posts I see.  I was incorrect, Jville was 8th in passing, not 9th?  How does a team do that with a QB who is "hardly a factor" playing behind a terrible OL?  As for "takeaway" narrative, here is how the top 10 teams in takeaways rank in passing yardage.

1.  NYG.   31st
1.  BAL.    21ST
3.  Buff.    10th
4.  NO.      13th
5.  CHI.      27th
6.   CLE.     19th
7.  Sf.           6th
8.   Jac.        8th
9.    Mia.       2nd
10.  NYJ.     30th

?

So you're telling me that taking the ball away and giving your offense extra drives is not going to help the team score?

These stats you provided just prove my point with Tua/Purdy/Allen etc. The outlier teams are the ones who either have a QB with 100+ rushing attempts  fields/lamarr or a team with no true starter jets/cle/NYG

Try again.

I'm saying that there is no statistical correlation between a takeaways and a teams ranking in passing offense.   That is determined by a combination of OL, QB, WR, coaching and SOS of defenses faced.   How does a team rank top 10 in passing if their OL is terrible, if the QB is "hardly a factor", if the OC needs to be replaced, if the defenses faced were above average, and if the WR corps that played were mediocre at best?   

Seems that QB carried a lot of the teams weight on his shoulders.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:47 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 04:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So you're telling me that taking the ball away and giving your offense extra drives is not going to help the team score?

Try again.

I'm saying that there is no statistical correlation between a takeaways and a teams ranking in passing offense.   That is determined by a combination of OL, QB, WR, coaching and SOS of defenses faced.   How does a team rank top 10 in passing if their OL is terrible, if the QB is "hardly a factor", if the OC needs to be replaced, if the defenses faced were above average, and if the WR corps that played were mediocre at best?   

Because you're basing it on yards, not YPA. 

It's fairly obvious someone with more attempts is going to have more yards. Nobody is saying he can't complete a football pass. What you're saying would be like me saying "trevor lawrence had 4,000 yards in 17 games and so and so had 3,999 yards in 15 games so Trevors better.

He had more oppurtunities because we LEAD THE LEAGUE in turnovers in week 12, and his stats fell off a cliff when the defense stopped giving us extra oppurtunities which leads back to the point of the thread, which was HIS INJURIES DID NOT CHANGE OUR ABILITY TO WIN THE DEFENSE DID.

Our PPG
YPG
and Wins/losses

ALL got worse after week 12, in week 12 we had 25 takeaways, we ended the season with 27.

Direct correlation bruh.

(01-09-2024, 04:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: I'm saying that there is no statistical correlation between a takeaways and a teams ranking in passing offense.   That is determined by a combination of OL, QB, WR, coaching and SOS of defenses faced.   How does a team rank top 10 in passing if their OL is terrible, if the QB is "hardly a factor", if the OC needs to be replaced, if the defenses faced were above average, and if the WR corps that played were mediocre at best?   

It's fairly obvious someone with more attempts is going to have more yards. Nobody is saying he can't complete a football pass. What you're saying would be like me saying "trevor lawrence had 4,000 yards in 17 games and so and so had 3,999 yards in 15 games so Trevors better.

He had more oppurtunities because we LEAD THE LEAGUE in turnovers in week 12, and his stats fell off a cliff when the defense stopped giving us extra oppurtunities which leads back to the point of the thread, which was HIS INJURIES DID NOT CHANGE OUR ABILITY TO WIN THE DEFENSE DID.

Our PPG
YPG
and Wins/losses

ALL got worse after week 12, in week 12 we had 25 takeaways, we ended the season with 27.

Direct correlation bruh.

Game 12: Trevor Lawrence, high ankle sprain. Directerer correlation broseph.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 04:59 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 03:59 PM)enigma Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1744781890182054242

Crazy how many of them were from Ridley lol.

This and another video posted the other day has had me do a partial about face on Ridley.  I really am now indifferent to if he stays or goes.  Just don’t let him staying be the reason we dont get both interior lines fixed.

(01-09-2024, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Because you're basing it on yards, not YPA. 

Our PPG
YPG
and Wins/losses

Direct correlation bruh.

Game 12: Trevor Lawrence, high ankle sprain. Directerer correlation broseph.
Literally had his only 3 touchdown game immediately after that, the difference in his stats from before/after week 12 versus the difference in 25/2 turnovers is quite a margin.

If you think the QB had the biggest role to play in our teams fortunes you're a blind donkey.

(01-09-2024, 04:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:42 PM)PV=nRT Wrote: I'm saying that there is no statistical correlation between a takeaways and a teams ranking in passing offense.   That is determined by a combination of OL, QB, WR, coaching and SOS of defenses faced.   How does a team rank top 10 in passing if their OL is terrible, if the QB is "hardly a factor", if the OC needs to be replaced, if the defenses faced were above average, and if the WR corps that played were mediocre at best?   

Our PPG
YPG
and Wins/losses

Direct correlation bruh.
TLaw. 7.1 YPA
PMah. 7.0 YPA

So you are saying TLaw is better than Mahomes .   Yabut, yabut, yabut.  ? 

You keep trying to move the goal posts because you struck out on your original narrative.   A QB who is "hardly a factor" is not going to rank top 10 in passing yards (8th in attempts)  playing behind a terrible OL with a bad OC against better than average PASS defenses with average receivers.  ?

(01-09-2024, 04:56 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Game 12: Trevor Lawrence, high ankle sprain. Directerer correlation broseph.
Literally had his only 3 touchdown game immediately after that, the difference in his stats from before/after week 12 versus the difference in 25/2 turnovers is quite a margin.

If you think the QB had the biggest role to play in our teams fortunes you're a blind donkey.

Lies, damn lies, statistics, your bad takes.

(01-09-2024, 05:00 PM)PV=nRT Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 04:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Because you're basing it on yards, not YPA. 

Our PPG
YPG
and Wins/losses

Direct correlation bruh.
TLaw. 7.1 YPA
PMah. 7.0 YPA

So you are saying TLaw is better than Mahomes .   Yabut, yabut, yabut.  ? 

You keep trying to move the goal posts because you struck out on your original narrative.   A QB who is "hardly a factor" is not going to rank top 10 in passing yards (8th in attempts)  playing behind a terrible OL with a bad OC against better than average PASS defenses with average receivers.  ?

[Image: goal-post-moving.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This is what I've collected from this entire conversation.

The mod and the other doofus think that Trevor Lawrence was the reason we were 8-3, but the defense was to blame for the collapse later.

When the reality is, Trevor was mid/below average all season, and the D is what won us many of those first 8 wins.

Trevor is about a 9-8 QB right now. Back to back seasons 9-8 is what it is. If defense plays great - we have a good chance of winning.

If our offense is playing great - we have a punchers chance against teams.

But it’s way too inconsistent which is what gives us the 9-8 record.

Trevor was about a top 10 qb going into this year IMO and has dropped to about middle of the pack. Pretty consistent with his ESPN QBR.

The good news is that a 24 year old QB isn’t a finished product.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-09-2024, 04:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 03:59 PM)enigma Wrote: Crazy how many of them were from Ridley lol.

This and another video posted the other day has had me do a partial about face on Ridley.  I really am now indifferent to if he stays or goes.  Just don’t let him staying be the reason we dont get both interior lines fixed.

There used to be a guy round here that would say "Dime a dozen" and "It starts upfront"

(01-09-2024, 05:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Trevor is about a 9-8 QB right now. Back to back seasons 9-8 is what it is. If defense plays great - we have a good chance of winning.

Trevor was about a top 10 qb going into this year IMO and has dropped to about middle of the pack.  Pretty consistent with his ESPN QBR.

This was a 5-12 team at best if our defense didn't have an absurd amount of takeaways early on.

(01-09-2024, 05:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 05:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Trevor is about a 9-8 QB right now. Back to back seasons 9-8 is what it is. If defense plays great - we have a good chance of winning.

Trevor was about a top 10 qb going into this year IMO and has dropped to about middle of the pack.  Pretty consistent with his ESPN QBR.

This was a 5-12 team at best if our defense didn't have an absurd amount of takeaways early on.

We had back to back first overall picks.

Trevor has made this offense average at least.  

If you think this team without Trevor the last two years wins 18 games, you’re delusional.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(01-09-2024, 08:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 05:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This was a 5-12 team at best if our defense didn't have an absurd amount of takeaways early on.

We had back to back first overall picks.

If you think this team without Trevor the last two years wins 18 games, you’re delusional.

I certainly think he does more for us in general than the last few QBs we've had, and I don't doubt his toughness. I just think its ridiculous that some fans think he's the sole reason we went 8-3, like we had 25 turnovers in the first 11 games.. we had 27 overall throughout the season. When the turnovers stopped, so did the winning.

(01-09-2024, 08:25 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 08:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote: We had back to back first overall picks.

I certainly think he does more for us in general than the last few QBs we've had, and I don't doubt his toughness. I just think its ridiculous that some fans think he's the sole reason we went 8-3, like we had 25 turnovers in the first 11 games.. we had 27 overall throughout the season. When the turnovers stopped, so did the winning.

No one thinks that you dip [BLEEP], you're just beating a strawman to assuage your backtracking to your piss poor takes from 18 months ago.

CJB is a smart poster.

(01-09-2024, 08:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote: We had back to back first overall picks.

Find someone who said he was the sole reason. That would be great.

(01-10-2024, 10:03 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 08:25 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I certainly think he does more for us in general than the last few QBs we've had, and I don't doubt his toughness. I just think its ridiculous that some fans think he's the sole reason we went 8-3, like we had 25 turnovers in the first 11 games.. we had 27 overall throughout the season. When the turnovers stopped, so did the winning.
Find someone who said he was the sole reason. That would be great.

Dude, if you don't let him move the goalposts, hyperbolize, and put words in our mouths, this whole thing doesn't work. 

Shhh, he's cooking.

No the issue at hand is CJB has a need to persuade other board members into a negative outlook on Lawrence. No one is going out of their way to persuade the opposite. I believe based on my eyes and based on the injuries and based on the team roster issues, that Trevor is better than an out of context look at the season stats suggests. I think the majority (here at least) agree. I think a minority disagrees. All of that is just fine. We're allowed to come to different conclusions. I just don't see the opposite happening where people are starting threads or chiming in on unrelated threads about how great Trevor is. But CJB apparently sees straw men dancing in his dreams and comes here first thing when he wakes up to slay them.

But you said they have to at least bring in competition for him next year, and being better than Minshew, Foles, and Bortles isn't that great. So what is the upgrade the Jags should make to fix the position?