Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vrabel Out

The ticky tacks fired Vrabel today. I honestly think it's a mistake on their part.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2024, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The ticky tacks fired Vrabel today. I honestly think it's a mistake on their part.

Hell, I would almost take Vrabel over Doug.

Good. That means the Titans are worse now more than likely. Vrabel was a great coach, I am stunned they fired him. They trade away their stud WR and give him a pile of [BLEEP] at QB and expect wins? The talent there has been ran off/poorly selected in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 01:56 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 3 times in total.)

The only thing that makes sense in firing him is they are intending to hire some mid short timer to replace him and compete for the #1 overall pick in the next year or so, so they can get a franchise guy. I don't know what they think of Levis, but I'm sure if they had the #1 or #2 this year he'd be replaced. I know such a plan would never be spoken and be able to be confirmed. Their coaching search will be of great interest though.

I don't know who you replace him with, that's the interesting part. This year's candidates are not all that spectacular in my opinion. Unless they plan on poaching some assistant coach or coordinator with a loaded roster already from one of these play off team's.

The Eagles falling apart down the stretch would turn me off from anybody within their staff. The Lions, 49ers and Bills might be interesting choices to poach from. Just seems like a down year to be making changes at the head coaching position.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-09-2024, 01:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know who you replace him with, that's the interesting part. This year's candidates are not all that spectacular in my opinion. Unless they plan on poaching some assistant coach or coordinator with a loaded roster already from one of these play off team's.

The Eagles falling apart down the stretch would turn me off from anybody within their staff. The Lions, 49ers and Bills might be interesting choices to poach from. Just seems like a down year to be making changes at the head coaching position.

Harbaugh? That would be the only nightmare scenario if they got him. Everyone else would be rolling the dice.

(01-09-2024, 02:08 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know who you replace him with, that's the interesting part. This year's candidates are not all that spectacular in my opinion. Unless they plan on poaching some assistant coach or coordinator with a loaded roster already from one of these play off team's.

Harbaugh? That would be the only nightmare scenario if they got him. Everyone else would be rolling the dice.

I thought about that for a moment before I replied. He may want to try his hand now in the NFL again. He won his title at his alma mater. While going through an interesting scandal up there and being out of the mix for a few weeks. 

Maybe it's a perfect opportunity to dip out of the college ranks and get back into the NFL ranks. I wouldn't want him back, especially in our division. He could probably come up with a good offense with Levis. 

They also have a good pick in the draft to potentially tack on a receiving threat like Brock Bowers at TE or Rome Odunze at WR.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 03:03 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 02:08 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

I'd have a hard time believing Harbaugh would want that roster.  That's an up and coming coordinator's level roster.  Harbaugh with his pedigree will likely want to go to where the QB position is already figured out, a team like the Chargers.

(01-09-2024, 02:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 02:08 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Harbaugh? That would be the only nightmare scenario if they got him. Everyone else would be rolling the dice.

I thought about that for a moment before I replied. He may want to try his hand now in the NFL again. He won his title at his alma mater. While going through an interesting scandal up there and being out of the mix for a few weeks. 

Maybe it's a perfect opportunity to dip out of the college ranks and get back into the NFL ranks. I wouldn't want him back, especially in our division. He could probably come up with a good offense with Levis. 

They also have a good pick in the draft to potentially tack on a receiving threat like Brock Bowers at TE or Rome Odunze at WR.

That would be a nightmare scenario for me. Brock Bowers going to the stinking Tacks?! The one team in all of football I never want to have good feelings for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I wouldnt mind him as a DC

Titans have a ton of cap space, a potentially promising young QB, and a high draft pick which should be attractive for a prospective coach. Harbaugh would be nice if you can pry him away from Michigan. Bobby Slowick would be interesting as well as the Lions OC.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I respect the fact that an owner isnt willing to put up with BS.

Two losing seasons and bye bye.

Vrabel to me was always overrated. Will see how he does with a diff team. I hope tacks made the wrong choice.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 12:02 AM by BattleRedBlood. Edited 1 time in total.)

I can see Vrable in New England and possibly Harbaugh in Carolina. Tennessee will be looking for a young coordinator talent to elevate to HC.

If you put any stock in message boards, they seem to favor Slowic, Ben Johnson, and as a dark horse, Arthur Smith.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-09-2024, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The ticky tacks fired Vrabel today. I honestly think it's a mistake on their part.

That relationship has run it coarse completely. He should be a good candidate for one of the openings, and I’m glad he’s out of our division.

(01-09-2024, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Hell, I would almost take Vrabel over Doug.

Vrabel like Doug are both faithful to their OCs.....he kept hiring his own buddies instead of looking in the outside.

(01-10-2024, 07:22 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 01:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hell, I would almost take Vrabel over Doug.

Vrabel like Doug are both faithful to their OCs.....he kept hiring his own buddies instead of looking in the outside.

Vrabel got sandbagged by his general manager. They traded Brown away and then backfilled him with Burks. They waited too long in getting an actual QB that could get them over the hump. Tannehill was okay, but, he's just another guy at the end of the day. They signed Hopkins, he's been over the hill now for quite some time. 

He had four straight winning seasons in a row, had two bad seasons in a row, one of which was last year that came down to the wire in week 18 with us and that had been with Dobbs at QB with the injuries that occurred. They fell apart just like we did this most recent past season. 

The problems they had were in the front office, not on the sideline with the coaching staff. I think Carthon realizes with the QB situation and RB situation being what it is going into this off season, that, it's an opportunity for him to get a clean break and start fresh with his own coach. Which is normal.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...t6DRA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(01-10-2024, 11:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 07:22 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Vrabel like Doug are both faithful to their OCs.....he kept hiring his own buddies instead of looking in the outside.

Vrabel got sandbagged by his general manager. They traded Brown away and then backfilled him with Burks. They waited too long in getting an actual QB that could get them over the hump. Tannehill was okay, but, he's just another guy at the end of the day. They signed Hopkins, he's been over the hill now for quite some time

He had four straight winning seasons in a row, had two bad seasons in a row, one of which was last year that came down to the wire in week 18 with us and that had been with Dobbs at QB with the injuries that occurred. They fell apart just like we did this most recent past season. 

The problems they had were in the front office, not on the sideline with the coaching staff. I think Carthon realizes with the QB situation and RB situation being what it is going into this off season, that, it's an opportunity for him to get a clean break and start fresh with his own coach. Which is normal.

Not against our defense.