Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vrabel Out

(01-10-2024, 11:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 07:22 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Vrabel like Doug are both faithful to their OCs.....he kept hiring his own buddies instead of looking in the outside.

Vrabel got sandbagged by his general manager. They traded Brown away and then backfilled him with Burks. They waited too long in getting an actual QB that could get them over the hump. Tannehill was okay, but, he's just another guy at the end of the day. They signed Hopkins, he's been over the hill now for quite some time. 

He had four straight winning seasons in a row, had two bad seasons in a row, one of which was last year that came down to the wire in week 18 with us and that had been with Dobbs at QB with the injuries that occurred. They fell apart just like we did this most recent past season. 

The problems they had were in the front office, not on the sideline with the coaching staff. I think Carthon realizes with the QB situation and RB situation being what it is going into this off season, that, it's an opportunity for him to get a clean break and start fresh with his own coach. Which is normal.

Vrabel loved Tannehill, go figure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Patriots ceremony played part in Mike Vrabel’s Titans firing: ‘She let it fester’

Mike Vrabel’s midseason visit to Foxborough apparently didn’t sit well with Tennessee Titans brass before he was fired as their head coach Tuesday after six seasons and back-to-back losing campaigns.

Vrabel “raised some eyebrows” in the Titans’ organization when he spent their bye week at the Patriots-Bills game on Oct. 22 to be inducted into New England’s Hall of Fame, and praised his former team in his speech at Gillette Stadium, according to The Athletic’s Diana Russini and Joe Rexrode.

That reportedly contributed to Vrabel’s stunning firing...

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 08:24 PM by jagsfan06.)

That guy is a heck of a good football coach. I’m guessing he gets the Nee England job.

(01-11-2024, 08:23 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: That guy is a heck of a good football coach. I’m guessing he gets the New England job.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Vrabel was in a hard situation, he was paired with a GM that the NFL advisory board had at least somewhat of a hand in reccomending him to the team that he didn't report to. Anytime they had conflicts; a major part of was which veterans should be let go in the midst of a rebuild, he had to go to the owner, a situation he was not at all comfortable with. The roster, especially the OL is in tatters. He wanted a team president appointed that could act as a tie breaker, and that's not the model the owner wanted; she wants held hands and everyone singing Kumbya; that's simply not Mike Vrabel, he knows what type of team and player he wants and is willing to fight for it; maybe the next HC who Ran will be in charge of hiring will be more in tune with him.

There's something weird going on with the owner Amy Adams and Vrabel, she even declined to do a presser after his firing.

Reports coming out that Vrabel "rubbed the organization" the wrong way after this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/mike...uture-nfl/

Interesting if true

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 10:19 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

Amy Adams Strunk be like:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also, when Ran Carthon was apparently the frontrunner for the GM job, Vrabel suggested to Strunk that he didn't think Ran was ready for the gig and that Ran would be better suited as an assistant GM.  He also espoused his preference for Ryan Cowden, then VP of player personnel and now working for the Giants, to get the job.  She didn't take kindly to that.

At the risk of offending our female contributors on the board, I don't believe most men in Strunk's position would be offended by an established, well regarded coach voicing an opinion on the GM search.  (though I guess we do have our share of crybabies on the male side i.e. Tepper) I have to wonder if she has a bit of a chip on her shoulder.

(01-12-2024, 10:14 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Amy Adams Strunk be like:

Also, when Ran Carthon was apparently the frontrunner for the GM job, Vrabel suggested to Strunk that he didn't think Ran was ready for the gig and that Ran would be better suited as an assistant GM.  He also espoused his preference for Ryan Cowden, then VP of player personnel and now working for the Giants, to get the job.  She didn't take kindly to that.

At the risk of offending our female contributors on the board, I don't believe most men in Strunk's position would be offended by an established, well regarded coach voicing an opinion on the GM search.  (though I guess we do have our share of crybabies on the male side i.e. Tepper) I have to wonder if she has a bit of a chip on her shoulder.

Amy Adams Strunk looks just like every woman from Tennessee I've ever seen. Just saying.

Looks like she took "it's not like this everywhere" from his Patriots speech to heart.

I mean, cmon, pretty much anywhere is better than Tennessee

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 10:35 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2024, 10:23 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 10:14 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Amy Adams Strunk be like:

Amy Adams Strunk looks just like every woman from Tennessee I've ever seen. Just saying.

Looks like she took "it's not like this everywhere" from his Patriots speech to heart.

I mean, cmon, pretty much anywhere is better than Tennessee

Yeah apparently she did take it to heart.  There's a difference between saying "it's not like this everywhere" and "it's not like this anywhere" though.  The sensitivity meter must be on high to take offense to a guy who has connections to an organization which had an unprecedented run during and after his time there saying what Vrabel said.  I'm not saying there's no wiggle room for someone to interpret it the way Strunk interpreted it, I just think it's more suited for those that look to find offense in things of which there are many.  

Maybe Vrabel knew she was a bit on the sensitive side and knew what he was doing saying it hoping to get fired.  Maybe he realized he didn't want to work for her, but also didn't want to resign and forfeit any guaranteed money he had coming.  That might explain the F-bomb he dropped in his presser the week prior too.  Kinda Ramsey-esque.  If so, well played on his part, but who knows.

Amys statement.

“Earlier today, I spoke with Mike Vrabel and told him about my decision to make a change at head coach. As I told Coach Vrabel, this decision was as difficult as any I’ve made as Controlling Owner. I appreciate Mike’s contributions to the Tennessee Titans both on and off the field. Anyone who has ever met him knows how passionate and genuine he is, and he’s been a strong supporter of the Nashville community. We wish Mike, Jen, and the Vrabel family nothing but the best in the future.

As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff.

I believe the Tennessee Titans can and will be a premier National Football League franchise. It’s what our fans deserve, and there will be hard decisions along the way. My decision today is not only a reflection of my disappointment in our past two seasons, but also my recognition that further changes are necessary to fully achieve our vision.

I will never shy away from acknowledging that I have unapologetically high expectations for the football team and every aspect of the Titans organization. Our vision is not simply to produce more wins than losses, it is to regularly compete for championships. While this season was disappointing, I see early signs of progress taking shape. Last year we added a promising young quarterback and several other talented players to our roster. With a coaching search, enviable cap space, and top-10 draft position, this offseason is as important as any in our history. I’m excited for the weeks and months ahead. We will meet the moment.”

Wish Shad Khan had balls like this

Amy Adams Strunk was born, raised, and lives in Texas. She has a Nashville residence, but is only there for a few weeks out of the year.

(01-12-2024, 11:16 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Amys statement.

“Earlier today, I spoke with Mike Vrabel and told him about my decision to make a change at head coach. As I told Coach Vrabel, this decision was as difficult as any I’ve made as Controlling Owner. I appreciate Mike’s contributions to the Tennessee Titans both on and off the field. Anyone who has ever met him knows how passionate and genuine he is, and he’s been a strong supporter of the Nashville community. We wish Mike, Jen, and the Vrabel family nothing but the best in the future.

As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff.

I believe the Tennessee Titans can and will be a premier National Football League franchise. It’s what our fans deserve, and there will be hard decisions along the way. My decision today is not only a reflection of my disappointment in our past two seasons, but also my recognition that further changes are necessary to fully achieve our vision.

I will never shy away from acknowledging that I have unapologetically high expectations for the football team and every aspect of the Titans organization. Our vision is not simply to produce more wins than losses, it is to regularly compete for championships. While this season was disappointing, I see early signs of progress taking shape. Last year we added a promising young quarterback and several other talented players to our roster. With a coaching search, enviable cap space, and top-10 draft position, this offseason is as important as any in our history. I’m excited for the weeks and months ahead. We will meet the moment.”

And then khan gets rid of Balkie……. Oh I meant strong statement by the head of the titans. 

HOWEVER, we will smoke them twice next season with some pay back.

(01-13-2024, 06:38 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 11:16 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Amys statement.

And then khan gets rid of Balkie……. Oh I meant strong statement by the head of the titans. 

We say that every year... and we always split tie with them.

However your right, Tennessee is probably going to be worse than last year. We just have to compete with Houston now.

(01-13-2024, 03:41 AM)No1TitansFan Wrote: Amy Adams Strunk was born, raised, and lives in Texas. She has a Nashville residence, but is only there for a few weeks out of the year.

Well, they were the Oilers... kinda makes sense.

(01-13-2024, 07:34 AM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 06:38 AM)Jag88 Wrote: And then khan gets rid of Balkie……. Oh I meant strong statement by the head of the titans. 

We say that every year... and we always split tie with them.

However your right, Tennessee is probably going to be worse than last year. We just have to compete with Houston now.

Yeah. We SHOUlD have their number. Just like they had no mercy on us when we were down.

Chargers are interviewing him.

Personally, I think it's a bad fit.

Vrabel is a good coach but more teams are moving towards the offensive minded coaches with a new way of looking at the offense, Vrabel isn't that guy. He believes in running and playing defense, with very limited passing concepts.