Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...We're Really Keeping Baalke?

(01-10-2024, 10:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If there’s a power struggle and the knives are out, someone will be let go more than likely and sooner rather than later. Forgive me for waiting to believe it until I see it.

(01-10-2024, 10:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If there’s a power struggle and the knives are out, someone will be let go more than likely and sooner rather than later.  Forgive me for waiting to believe it until I see it.

I don't buy it either.  If Press was going to be relieved of his duties, it would already have been done.  He'll be back next year.

Doug won't fire him, we know this from the Eagles. Baalke wants to keep his job, so he knows the team has to be successful and the offense can't with Press. Trevor is pointing out the problems with both of them.

With Trevor pointing out Press is a problem (how many times have we seen him change the play at the line), Baalke is probably using this to push the coaches are the problem narrative again.

If this is true, it's looking like the worst case scenario happens. Doug walks away because he refuses to demote/fire Press, Baalke stays because Khan needs someone that knows football.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2024, 12:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If there’s a power struggle and the knives are out, someone will be let go more than likely and sooner rather than later.  Forgive me for waiting to believe it until I see it.

(01-10-2024, 10:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't buy it either.  If Press was going to be relieved of his duties, it would already have been done.  He'll be back next year.

Doug won't fire him, we know this from the Eagles. Baalke wants to keep his job, so he knows the team has to be successful and the offense can't with Press. Trevor is pointing out the problems with both of them.

With Trevor pointing out Press is a problem (how many times have we seen him change the play at the line), Baalke is probably using this to push the coaches are the problem narrative again.

If this is true, it's looking like the worst case scenario happens. Doug walks away because he refuses to demote/fire Press, Baalke stays because Khan needs someone that knows football.

We don't know this from the Eagles, firing Press Taylor was never the issue there.

The offense has been 10th and 13th with Taylor, that IS successful.

Trevor changes plays based on what he sees when he gets to the line, that's how the offense is desigbed to work.

You see a lot that's not there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-10-2024, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, he is not. That would be Tepper. 

Khan makes questionable decisions for sure but I believe he actually means well. Tepper's nickname is "Temper" here in NC and for a reason. Dude is completely irrational and has made decisions off the field that make you wonder how he has been successful in life.

I'll take Khan any day over someone like "Temper".

It astounds me that so many fans are seemingly oblivious to the fact that most owners not named Shad Khan would have already moved the team out of Jacksonville --  while Khan is entering a deal with the city not only to keep the team here long term but to improve the area around the stadium immensely. 

How horrible of him! 

LOL

He hasn't fired some guys quickly in the past. 
Big [BLEEP] deal. 

I'm glad he owns the Jags. Really glad, actually.

100% we got lucky with our owner. Bottom line.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:02 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Khan has stabilized this franchise. The sky is the limit.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 09:32 AM by ATLjag.)

Shad has been an unbelievable owner from the standpoint of support for and loyalty to Jacksonville. My hope is that he judges and acts on Baalke's status quicker than he did on Caldwell's. As a boss in general, he appears to be an optimist in the employee and displays tremendous faith and loyalty in such individual. As a diehard fan with more of a quick trigger mentality, this trait of Shad's can be frustrating.

Yah if this struggle is true, Khan has to be smart enough to be seeing the common denominator in all of this drama the past few years: Baalke

Shad is the best kind of owner, he opens the checkbook whenever asked and leaves the football stuff to the football people. He gives generously to the city and community here and truly wants Jacksonville to be top city. He just hasn't learned how to pick the right football people, but the selection of Doug makes me think he's turned a corner. He tried with Coughlin and Caldwell and Bradley...those were good attempts when he tried them and it didn't work out. He thought Urbz was a big time splash move and it bit him in the [BLEEP] when Meyer showed his lizard skin just a few weeks into the deal. I like him, he's giving us a really strong effort, but he's also learning when to make a quick move and when to be patient,. With Doug having two winning seasons I can see how it's tough to shake things up.

Edit: And I stongly think Baalke shouldn't be in charge.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-11-2024, 12:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

(01-10-2024, 10:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't buy it either.  If Press was going to be relieved of his duties, it would already have been done.  He'll be back next year.

This is mostly if not all speculation and engaging in gossip.  It may ultimately prove to be correct, but I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions from any of it at this point.

(01-11-2024, 12:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 12:07 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Doug won't fire him, we know this from the Eagles. Baalke wants to keep his job, so he knows the team has to be successful and the offense can't with Press. Trevor is pointing out the problems with both of them.

This is mostly if not all speculation and engaging in gossip.  It may ultimately prove to be correct, but I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions from any of it at this point.

Speculation is too nice of a word, it's fictional bull [BLEEP] intended to just stir up the pot. Same with a bunch of the stuff on X-Twits.

(01-11-2024, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 12:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: This is mostly if not all speculation and engaging in gossip.  It may ultimately prove to be correct, but I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions from any of it at this point.

Speculation is too nice of a word, it's fictional bull [BLEEP] intended to just stir up the pot. Same with a bunch of the stuff on X-Twits.

Yeah, I'm playing nice.  Is there a chance that the gossip coming out is an accurate picture of what's going on?  Yeah there's a chance, I'd just put it at a fraction of a percent though.

(01-11-2024, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Shad is the best kind of owner, he opens the checkbook whenever asked and leaves the football stuff to the football people. He gives generously to the city and community here and truly wants Jacksonville to be top city. He just hasn't learned how to pick the right football people, but the selection of Doug makes me think he's turned a corner. He tried with Coughlin and Caldwell and Bradley...those were good attempts when he tried them and it didn't work out. He thought Urbz was a big time splash move and it bit him in the [BLEEP] when Meyer showed his lizard skin just a few weeks into the deal. I like him, he's giving us a really strong effort, but he's also learning when to make a quick move and when to be patient,. With Doug having two winning seasons I can see how it's tough to shake things up.

That's fair. I just think if we continue to see leaks from reliable sources? He has to address it quickly. Baalke shouldn't be in charge. At the minimum, if he's content on keeping him in the building. He should open up his checkbook again and look for another Vice President of Football Operations. To toe the line with Baalke and Pederson and to ensure he's holding them all accountable.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 01:23 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-11-2024, 12:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 12:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Shad is the best kind of owner, he opens the checkbook whenever asked and leaves the football stuff to the football people. He gives generously to the city and community here and truly wants Jacksonville to be top city. He just hasn't learned how to pick the right football people, but the selection of Doug makes me think he's turned a corner. He tried with Coughlin and Caldwell and Bradley...those were good attempts when he tried them and it didn't work out. He thought Urbz was a big time splash move and it bit him in the [BLEEP] when Meyer showed his lizard skin just a few weeks into the deal. I like him, he's giving us a really strong effort, but he's also learning when to make a quick move and when to be patient,. With Doug having two winning seasons I can see how it's tough to shake things up.

That's fair. I just think if we continue to see leaks from reliable sources? He has to address it quickly. Baalke shouldn't be in charge. At the minimum, if he's content on keeping him in the building. He should open up his checkbook again and look for another Vice President of Football Operations. To toe the line with Baalke and Pederson and to ensure he's holding them all accountable.

I just kinda cringe at office gossip being relayed by an unaffiliated 3rd party on social media.  Do you think the FO is unaware of the Dilla account on X/Twitter?  I personally think they are aware of it considering it's existed for years, has broken some stories and has even had interaction with some national NFL news personalities.  

The FO may not be moved to action by or overly concerned with certain internal info that comes across that account, but if there are things that absolutely can't get out I would think they have to have an idea, if not the specific person who is the leaker, at the very least what department does the leaking and have the most confidential info buttoned up and out of view from such eyes.  I would think executive level power struggles would only wind up as office gossip amongst lower level employees prior to an actual shakeup would only occur on TV shows whose target audience is middle aged housewives.  Let's just wait and see man before we get engrossed in this "the Bold & the Beautiful" story line.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 01:38 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 01:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 12:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's fair. I just think if we continue to see leaks from reliable sources? He has to address it quickly. Baalke shouldn't be in charge. At the minimum, if he's content on keeping him in the building. He should open up his checkbook again and look for another Vice President of Football Operations. To toe the line with Baalke and Pederson and to ensure he's holding them all accountable.

I just kinda cringe at office gossip being relayed by an unaffiliated 3rd party on social media.  Do you think the FO is unaware of the Dilla account on X/Twitter?  I personally think they are aware of it considering it's existed for years, has broken some stories and has even had interaction with some national NFL news personalities.  

The FO may not be moved to action by or overly concerned with certain internal info that comes across that account, but if there are things that absolutely can't get out I would think they have to have an idea, if not the specific person who is the leaker, at the very least what department does the leaking and have the most confidential info buttoned up and out of view from such eyes.  I would think executive level power struggles would only wind up as office gossip amongst lower level employees prior to an actual shakeup would only occur on TV shows whose target audience is middle aged housewives.  Let's just wait and see man before we get engrossed in this "the Bold & the Beautiful" story line.

Office gossip is everywhere. We live in the age of social media and sensationalism. You had TMZ making a killing off of it for years. As far as getting groundbreaking news, gossip, etc. Long before social media was as big as it's become. 

Time is money. Clicks are money. Can't remember if it was Schefter, but, he got burned a few years back with the Rodgers & Green Bay trade debacle. It happens and it's apart of the business when trying to get scoops. 

I would be curious to know who his source is though. Dilla keeps receipts. He does have good connections with Rapport at the minimum. Players talk amongst themselves, they talk to their families, etc. if my wife ever spoke to the media about the plethora of nonsense and shadiness I have shared with her about my place of employment?

My balls would have been placed in a blender yesterday and served up to me to drink by my ownership across the Gulf. LOL.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 01:53 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2024, 07:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

If this is true, Khan is truly the worst owner. He’s letting this snake of a human run the team and he continues to deflect blame to stay alive as GM

If I'm Khan I pull Baalke aside and tell him "Stay in your lane.  Press answers to Doug, Doug answers to me." 
Then I hire an out of town law firm and ask them to investigate the dynamics of some of the bad decisions that the front office made, and separately, the bad decisions that the coaches made.  They would interview staff one on one deposition style, minimal advance notice of what questions will be asked.

To front office staff: Why was Luke Fortner drafted? Why was Snoop Connor drafted?  Why was Brenton Strange drafted? Why was Ben Bartch cut? Etc.

To coaching staff: Why has Luke Fortner started so many games? Did you try out anyone else at center? Explain the thought process on rushing Trevor back.  Are we observing the concussion protocol as strictly as we should?  Does Doug veto play calls in-game?

There are many other questions that could be asked, about the playbook, about what went wrong with Mike Caldwell, but the answer to these questions is probably less informative.  The big, root cause questions I mentioned are what need to be asked, because those are the things that they had plenty of time to think over and still got wrong.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:11 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 07:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

If this is true, Khan is truly the worst owner. He’s letting this snake of a human run the team and he continues to deflect blame to stay alive as GM

If I'm Khan I pull Baalke aside and tell him "Stay in your lane.  Press answers to Doug, Doug answers to me." 
Then I hire an out of town law firm and ask them to investigate the dynamics of some of the bad decisions that the front office made, and separately, the bad decisions that the coaches made.  They would interview staff one on one deposition style, minimal advance notice of what questions will be asked.

To front office staff: Why was Luke Fortner drafted? Why was Snoop Connor drafted?  Why was Brenton Strange drafted? Why was Ben Bartch cut? Etc.

To coaching staff: Why has Luke Fortner started so many games? Did you try out anyone else at center? Explain the thought process on rushing Trevor back.  Are we observing the concussion protocol as strictly as we should?  Does Doug veto play calls in-game?

There are many other questions that could be asked, about the playbook, about what went wrong with Mike Caldwell, but the answer to these questions is probably less informative.  The big, root cause questions I mentioned are what need to be asked, because those are the things that they had plenty of time to think over and still got wrong.

[Image: th?id=OIP.2cDK6TZTjRW0Q61V5aNjTwHaEI&w=3...d=3.1&rm=2]

I honestly think the solution is simple:

It's either one of two solutions.

1. Baalke out. New GM in.
2. Baalke remains. VP of Football Operations added to keep everybody in check with final say in personnel decisions.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:15 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 02:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: If I'm Khan I pull Baalke aside and tell him "Stay in your lane.  Press answers to Doug, Doug answers to me." 

2. Baalke remains. VP of Football Operations added to keep everybody in check with final say in personnel decisions.

The point of the investigation is to determine who to fire, or whose wings to clip.
Of course you're going to fire someone, or demote them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:26 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-11-2024, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 01:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I just kinda cringe at office gossip being relayed by an unaffiliated 3rd party on social media.  Do you think the FO is unaware of the Dilla account on X/Twitter?  I personally think they are aware of it considering it's existed for years, has broken some stories and has even had interaction with some national NFL news personalities.  

Office gossip is everywhere. We live in the age of social media and sensationalism. You had TMZ making a killing off of it for years. As far as getting groundbreaking news, gossip, etc. Long before social media was as big as it's become. 

Time is money. Clicks are money. Can't remember if it was Schefter, but, he got burned a few years back with the Rodgers & Green Bay trade debacle. It happens and it's apart of the business when trying to get scoops. 

I would be curious to know who his source is though. Dilla keeps receipts. He does have good connections with Rapport at the minimum. Players talk amongst themselves, they talk to their families, etc. if my wife ever spoke to the media about the plethora of nonsense and shadiness I have shared with her about my place of employment?

My balls would have been placed in a blender yesterday and served up to me to drink by my ownership across the Gulf. LOL.

Touche.  I would just be skeptical about being fed gossip that there is already a "want to believe" amongst a large portion of the fan base.  Dilla hasn't been a paragon of journalistic objectivity.  He's had no problem expressing his personal opinions which might influence his interpretation of information that he then re-packages for consumption.

(01-11-2024, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I would be shocked if that's actually necessary to start an investigation after the fact.  If I'm owner, even one like Khan, I'm aware of how the FO values free agents, I'm seeing the big board before draft night, I'm aware of who is responsible for creating it, I'm aware of who graded each player, I'm aware of who is pounding the table for which players and I'm keeping score privately.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:36 PM by p_rushing.)

(01-11-2024, 02:19 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Touche.  I would just be skeptical about being fed gossip that there is already a "want to believe" amongst a large portion of the fan base.  Dilla hasn't been a paragon of journalistic objectivity.  He's had no problem expressing his personal opinions which might influence his interpretation of information that he then re-packages for consumption.

Everything he posted is all based in truths. The Trevor stuff can be seen in what his dad posted/liked. The Baalke stuff is easy to see because he is a snake and will always protect himself. The Doug stuff is easy to see as he has done the same thing previously.

Now we don't know if any of this was said in meetings with Khan but if it wasn't I would be shocked. There may not have been any demands made but it's easy to see there being divisions in the team.

(01-11-2024, 02:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 02:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.2cDK6TZTjRW0Q61V5aNjTwHaEI&w=3...d=3.1&rm=2]

The point of the investigation is to determine who to fire, or whose wings to clip.
Of course you're going to fire someone, or demote them.

Haha .... Baalke will nominate himself to lead the investigation and will identify the problem for Khan. Didn't they already try to hire someone to clip Baalke's wings but somehow the league or someone got involved to stop it. I'm guessing Baalke had something to do with it.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:56 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 02:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 02:19 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Touche.  I would just be skeptical about being fed gossip that there is already a "want to believe" amongst a large portion of the fan base.  Dilla hasn't been a paragon of journalistic objectivity.  He's had no problem expressing his personal opinions which might influence his interpretation of information that he then re-packages for consumption.

Everything he posted is all based in truths. The Trevor stuff can be seen in what his dad posted/liked. The Baalke stuff is easy to see because he is a snake and will always protect himself. The Doug stuff is easy to see as he has done the same thing previously.

Now we don't know if any of this was said in meetings with Khan but if it wasn't I would be shocked. There may not have been any demands made but it's easy to see there being divisions in the team.

No, there are bread crumbs and conclusions being drawn off of them.  The Baalke being a snake thing is a house of cards conclusion based on a lot of opinion and very little if any facts or first hand knowledge.  Jed York and Jim Harbaugh, the other main parties involved in SF, are both notorious for being [BLEEP] fwiw.  You don't actually *know* what you think you know.  You're free to believe it, but you don't *know* it. It's like having a handful of pieces to a 1000 piece puzzle and thinking you know what the full picture is without a picture of the completed puzzle.

I get it, I'm arguing patience to football fans.  I might as well be pissing in the wind.

(01-11-2024, 02:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: If I'm Khan I pull Baalke aside and tell him "Stay in your lane.  Press answers to Doug, Doug answers to me." 

I doubt Shad Khan knows how to ask those questions.

To me I dont even think he watches football at all.