Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Wiggins goes hard on Shad, Lawrence, Pederson, and the whole staff.

(01-10-2024, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: No chance in hell that's the case.  I'd bet my house the interior o-line gets addressed in a significant way this offseason, even if it means they draft straight need early in the draft.  The seat has to be too warm for long term thinking from the GM unless Doug is secretly driving the ship there.

And with the 17th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Linebacker, Clemson

You've convinced me to watch the draft at a sports bar, I can't afford to lose my TV that way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2024, 09:11 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Touché but I am talking from a pure player perspective. 

Luck was much more accurate, better pocket awareness, higher field IQ, just overall a fantastic player. If Luck had a good line he would of been a first ballot hall of famer. I cannot say that about Lawrence. He is a good Qb but not In Lucks league when Luck was in his prime. Just my opinion but I feel most would agree with me.

Andrew Lucks first 3 years aren't much different stats wise than Trevor. 

Luck 

2012 54.1% comp, 4374 yards, 7.0 avg, 23 td, 18 int, sacked 41, 76.5 rating
2013 60.2% comp, 3822 yards, 6.7 avg, 23 td, 9 int, sacked 32, 87.0 rating
2014 61.7% comp, 4761 yards, 7.7 avg, 40 td, 16 int, sacked 27, 96.5 rating

Trevor

2021 59.6% comp, 3641 yards, 6.0 avg, 12 td, 17 int, sacked 32, 71.9 rating
2022 66.3% comp, 4113 yards, 7.0 avg, 25 td, 8 int, sacked 27, 95.2 rating
2023 65.6% comp, 4016 yards, 7.1 avg, 21 td, 14 int, sacked 35, 88.5 rating

Biggest difference is the TD's. Fix the redzone and the stats nearly mimic each other. Fix the Oline and I think Trevors stats start looking much much better. 

Sidenote: i don't think Luck was much more accurate than Trevor like you say. Only 1 year (his final) did Luck have a completion % better than Trevors last 2 years.

Bruh... lol

(01-10-2024, 10:48 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 09:11 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Andrew Lucks first 3 years aren't much different stats wise than Trevor. 

Luck 

Trevor

Biggest difference is the TD's. Fix the redzone and the stats nearly mimic each other. Fix the Oline and I think Trevors stats start looking much much better. 

Sidenote: i don't think Luck was much more accurate than Trevor like you say. Only 1 year (his final) did Luck have a completion % better than Trevors last 2 years.  

Bruh... lol

I think if we fix the o-line issues, TLaw could have a year 4 similar to Luck's year 3 on the yardage and maybe TDs as well.  Need to get those sack numbers down and also have him not fumble so much.  Interesting that Tlaw's year 2 appears better than Luck's year 2 by just looking at this.  I think he gets back on track next year.

(01-10-2024, 10:48 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 09:11 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Andrew Lucks first 3 years aren't much different stats wise than Trevor. 

Luck 

Trevor

Bruh... lol

How many missed opportunities did we see in the endzone this year with drops or stepping out of bounce or even just plain bad plays called? There was quite a few heartbreakers. 
If they can fix the oline, the redzone should become alot easier to score. We left so many points on the field multiple times. 
I think many are freaking out over Trevor and shouldn't be. Hes showed enough to have the "it" factor. We just need to get all of the team on the same page.
In Dougie I Trust!

(01-10-2024, 11:16 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:48 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Bruh... lol

How many missed opportunities did we see in the endzone this year with drops or stepping out of bounce or even just plain bad plays called? There was quite a few heartbreakers. 
If they can fix the oline, the redzone should become alot easier to score. We left so many points on the field multiple times. 
I think many are freaking out over Trevor and shouldn't be. Hes showed enough to have the "it" factor. We just need to get all of the team on the same page.

And keep him healthy.  Can't have him have another injury plagued year next year which goes partially back to fixing the line.

(01-10-2024, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And with the 17th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Linebacker, Clemson

You've convinced me to watch the draft at a sports bar, I can't afford to lose my TV that way.

Watch here:

https://www.thelumberjax.com/smashrules

I've always enjoyed listening to T-Wigg and agree with much of what he says. Everyone makes mistakes when observing our teams and his recommendations regarding Josh Allen and J. Taylor were very wrong. Regarding this podcast, the following points stand out the most:

1. Trent Baalke ain't going nowhere. Sadly, I agree with this and we all need to be panicking that the immediate future of our player procurement will be determined by Baalke. It obviously takes a lot for Khan to fire coaches/top administrators that he has become fond of. Baalke clearly falls into the same category as Mike Caldwell and Gus Bradley. Keeping them around as long as he did was a giant slap in the face of our loyal fanbase and the same will be said about Baalke. As great as a businessman he has been, he is 180 degrees the opposite as an owner, He had no choice but to fire Meyer, but I don't see this happening with Baalke.

2. Totally agree about his comments on Pederson and Press Taylor. Pederson is as much to blame (or more) for the offense/play-calling as Taylor and there is no way he'd fire his long-time friend and confidante. We'd like to use Press as the scapegoat for what happened this season, but T-Wigg got this right.

3. Also agree with his take on Caldwell. He was the likely one to be the first scapegoat followed by his assistants and some offensive coaches. These firings will not help as long as Baalke is still the G.M.

4. Finally, his comments about Trevor Lawrence were interesting. No one can argue that he regressed terribly the 2nd half of this season. The reasons for this regression are not so simple, I'm afraid. How much did the combination of his injuries and horrible offensive line account for this regression? I'd say significantly, however he also made some inexcusable mistakes when turning the ball over as well as missing wide-open receivers. He should not have played against Tampa, but the blame for that goes to Pederson. Whether Trevor becomes the next Andrew Luck has yet to be determined, but the possibility of him never reaching his unlimited potential is now in doubt.

As loyal fans who have suffered now for over a decade and a half, what do we do? Some will give up hope and it's hard to blame them. I'm not yet at this point, but can't rule this out as things remain status quo at the top. There's only so much pain one can take!

C'mon man, we "suffered" before...last season was just a setback. We still won 9 games and had a winning season. It's not like we were last in offense and picking first in the draft again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2024, 11:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: I think the hero ball will chill as he matures. He's still a dumb kid and the hero ball worked at Clemson. With that maturity, plus a half-way decent line and run game, I don't see why he can't be a top tier QB still.

(01-09-2024, 10:54 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Touché but I am talking from a pure player perspective. 

Luck was much more accurate, better pocket awareness, higher field IQ, just overall a fantastic player. If Luck had a good line he would of been a first ballot hall of famer. I cannot say that about Lawrence. He is a good Qb but not In Lucks league when Luck was in his prime. Just my opinion but I feel most would agree with me.

Trevor isn't in his prime. He's not even finished his rookie contract.
Ok, now about this.

I would take a rookie Andrew lunch over Lawrence in his 3rd year.

(01-10-2024, 10:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 09:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Imagine thinking your Quarterback is a bust after inheriting a 1 - 15 roster and then being sandbagged as a rookie with easily one of the worst ever coaches in NFL history. From a PR standpoint and how quickly he crashed and burned.

He's helped this franchise win 18 games over the last two seasons. He's already had at least four to six comeback victories going back to last year and he's really the least of my worries along with a wild play off victory. Can he get better? Without question, yes, hell yes!

But, so can the other [BLEEP] 50+ men on this roster folks, he can't do this [BLEEP] on his own. None of the greats could. You'd be [BLEEP] yourselves and falling back in it if you say otherwise because a history lesson on some of the all time great QB's, whether we're talking Montana, Brady, Elway, Manning, etc.

They played on complete football teams with dynamic players on defense, a competent offensive line around them and a [BLEEP] ground game. Period. It's ALWAYS been a common denominator on the best rosters in the NFL over the years. Tee Wigg is okay. I get it. He's sipped a little too much of Richard Sherman's kool-aid.

It's all good. I bet same time next year he'll be doing back pedals like A LOT of you and us around here locally and nationally. Lawrence is not the problem here in Jacksonville. We'll be alright. We just need to see this franchise and front office along with ownership start taking this [BLEEP] more seriously. They were way too laidback last year in the 2023 off season.

We'll know right off the bat starting in March if they're going to hang their hats on the team's struggles strictly on Caldwell's defensive staff and injuries on offense. If they do that? Then [BLEEP] them, let God sort them out and give them haircuts I guess.

No chance in hell that's the case.  I'd bet my house the interior o-line gets addressed in a significant way this offseason
, even if it means they draft straight need early in the draft.  The seat has to be too warm for long term thinking from the GM unless Doug is secretly driving the ship there.

The Guards I agree on but I wouldn't bet my house that we replace Fortner and he's the worst of them all.

(01-10-2024, 12:50 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:17 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: I think the hero ball will chill as he matures. He's still a dumb kid and the hero ball worked at Clemson. With that maturity, plus a half-way decent line and run game, I don't see why he can't be a top tier QB still.

Trevor isn't in his prime. He's not even finished his rookie contract.
Ok, now about this.

I would take a rookie Andrew lunch over Lawrence in his 3rd year.

Maybe, but I'd take Trevor Lawrence as a rookie on that clots roster/coaching staff over any of the rosters he's had here in 3 years.

Nick Wright the biggest Trevor fan backtracks

https://youtu.be/ekEhIASsuj0?si=ayqOq_0JsAtuZDUC

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 01:40 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(01-10-2024, 01:22 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Nick Wright the biggest Trevor fan backtracks

I think "backtracks" is a bit misleading.  He still comes off as a believer to me, but it's hard to get up with pom poms and get overly excited and sell to people with any confidence or certainty about Trevor's future given what happened this year, especially with how it ended.  I thought his take was rational and reasoned and is pretty much exactly what I've said as have many others.  Interviewer was clearly salty about some lost bets though lol.

(01-10-2024, 01:40 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 01:22 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Nick Wright the biggest Trevor fan backtracks

I think "backtracks" is a bit misleading.  He still comes off as a believer to me, but it's hard to get up with pom poms and get overly excited and sell to people with any confidence or certainty about Trevor's future given what happened this year, especially with how it ended.  I thought his take was rational and reasoned and is pretty much exactly what I've said as have many others.  Interviewer was clearly salty about some lost bets though lol.

He said the same thing I have been saying over the last two weeks. Lawrence was not the same once Little stepped on his ankle in that Monday Night game with the Bengals and it [BLEEP] him up. That was the beginning of the downward spiral for this football team.

Funny enough, when Stroud had his concussion against the Jets, they did the right thing and shut him down for two straight weeks in a row. It ultimately may have been the difference as to why they were able to keep winning football games and ultimately win the division. 

Lawrence had his moments, the entire team had it's moments, good and bad. Simply put, he does have to be better going into year four and year three with the same coaching staff. He just has to be. He cannot control everything around him, meaning, a bad situation, a bad offensive line up front and a bad running game. 

He can, however, control where that football goes when it's in his hands. In that regard, it's paramount that he no longer allows bad situations to become worse situations. Don't allow a snowball to become an avalanche. Don't allow a mountain of [BLEEP] to be made out of a mole hill. 

He'll learn. I bet he learned it this past season with a [BLEEP] up knee, [BLEEP] up ankle, [BLEEP] up throwing shoulder and cracked skull for a concussion. He has to protect the football going forward, but, most importantly, he. has. to. protect. himself.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."