Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to Hire Nielsen (Merged Threads)

I really hope nobody in this thread actually believes vrabel is going to take a dc job next season, he’s one of the best hc in the league, wonder how long before some suggests bill as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm already bored of the offseason... this is so screwed up!

(01-11-2024, 09:20 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I really hope nobody in this thread actually believes vrabel is going to take a dc job next season, he’s one of the best hc in the league, wonder how long before some suggests bill as well

Well, in spite of eliminating us from the playoffs, he had a pretty bad season and he wouldn't be the first HC to take a coordinator job after getting sacked. But I agree with you, I could see him as a probable HC next year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-10-2024, 09:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 08:52 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Are we sure we want Wink Martindale?
He had the Giants defense looking good. It's an attacking defense, Ravens tree, and forces teams into mistakes. His defense doesn't sit and wait for a mistake.

With better plays, it should be a lot better in the rankings. They tied for the lead in turnovers but were near the bottom for overall defense.

Allen may become a star if he has pressure coming from anywhere so the OL can't predict what is happening.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Excuse me? MAY?

He already is a star
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 10:45 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I hope they can circle back with Evero. I think he'd be a good fit here.

He did a lot with really no big names that I can think of on that football team defensively outside of maybe Burns and they had no help offensively at all to counterbalance.

Even if he was blocked earlier since their owner is a clown, I doubt he'd want to stick around as their head coach.

I am not sold on Wink. His personality could clash with a few folks currently on this coaching staff. Doesn't seem like a good fit unless Doug completely checks out mentally on that side of football I guess.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2024, 10:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I hope they can circle back with Evero. I think he'd be a good fit here.

He did a lot with really no big names that I can think of on that football team defensively outside of maybe Burns and they had no help offensively at all to counterbalance.

Even if he was blocked earlier since their owner is a clown, I doubt he'd want to stick around as their head coach.

I am not sold on Wink. His personality could clash with a few folks currently on this coaching staff. Doesn't seem like a good fit unless Doug completely checks out mentally on that side of football I guess.

Haha. Doug had it in cruise control this season.

(01-11-2024, 10:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I hope they can circle back with Evero. I think he'd be a good fit here.

Haha. Doug had it in cruise control this season.

It sure felt like it. Not just him. Everybody. When you go back and look at the 2023 off season. We had all this buzz and excitement in the air coming off a 1 - 1 effort in the post season. 

They didn't capitalize or build upon that at all, and, the most frustrating part was that before the trade deadline, Baalke was going after EXACTLY what a lot of us had seen and had been saying was apart of our shortcomings during the regular season.

No pass rush. No pass protection/running lanes. He couldn't land an edge rusher and he settled on Cleveland as a patch-up upgrade at LG, after he cut Bartch, who is funny enough, working out decently now as a Center for the 49ers. 

I don't care who our offensive coordinator is, nor our defensive coordinator is. Our team is not going to go much further or push beyond this 9 - 8 bubble they're stalling out at because their being asked to make magic out of lunch meat out there. 

We have too many canned "goods" out there. We need more centerpieces, main courses, main side dishes. Baalke [BLEEP] sucks. He needs to go. I am hungry. Now let's go get a [BLEEP] snack!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Regarding Vrabel, sometimes a head coach wants to reset after a stressful couple of years, and elects to become a coordinator. Dan Quinn comes to mind. Definitely is a long-shot though. 95% chance he gets another head coaching job.

(01-11-2024, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Haha. Doug had it in cruise control this season.

It sure felt like it. Not just him. Everybody. When you go back and look at the 2023 off season. We had all this buzz and excitement in the air coming off a 1 - 1 effort in the post season. 

They didn't capitalize or build upon that at all, and, the most frustrating part was that before the trade deadline, Baalke was going after EXACTLY what a lot of us had seen and had been saying was apart of our shortcomings during the regular season.

No pass rush. No pass protection/running lanes. He couldn't land an edge rusher and he settled on Cleveland as a patch-up upgrade at LG, after he cut Bartch, who is funny enough, working out decently now as a Center for the 49ers. 

I don't care who our offensive coordinator is, nor our defensive coordinator is. Our team is not going to go much further or push beyond this 9 - 8 bubble they're stalling out at because their being asked to make magic out of lunch meat out there. 

We have too many canned "goods" out there. We need more centerpieces, main courses, main side dishes. Baalke [BLEEP] sucks. He needs to go. I am hungry. Now let's go get a [BLEEP] snack!

Could've had Risner and Floyd; would've been a 3 win difference this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-11-2024, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Haha. Doug had it in cruise control this season.

He had Clowney in the building and let him walk.

Baalke has to go.

They were complacent with the players they had that went 9-8.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 12:55 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-11-2024, 12:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It sure felt like it. Not just him. Everybody. When you go back and look at the 2023 off season. We had all this buzz and excitement in the air coming off a 1 - 1 effort in the post season. 

Could've had Risner and Floyd; would've been a 3 win difference this year.

Absolutely. That's how I view it now. It was either this scenario, or, they don't make the deal with Buffalo and somehow end up with Kincaid in RD1 and Torrence in RD2, or, hell, a combination of Harrison still being the guy in RD1 at RT and Torrence at LG in RD2.

(01-11-2024, 12:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It sure felt like it. Not just him. Everybody. When you go back and look at the 2023 off season. We had all this buzz and excitement in the air coming off a 1 - 1 effort in the post season. 

He had Clowney in the building and let him walk.

Baalke has to go.

They were complacent with the players they had that went 9-8.

Yeah. I don't get it. Khan's probably not going to make a move and he'll have his reasons of course and at some point he'll do his little dog and pony show via the media here and he'll have Baalke and Pederson right up there next to him. 

He'll be asked the same exact question about Baalke when they hired on Pederson two off seasons ago. "Why is he still here?". He'll give a thoughtful, professional response and hang his hat on the team winning 18 games over the last 2 seasons. 

I would harp on the VP topic though if I was in the media. Asking him if he had reconsidered another big name candidate to keep Baalke and Pederson on the same page and in line. I think most of us could stomach Baalke remaining within the organization IF he had another layer of oversight to his decision making.

Does the new coach move Travon inside?

Mike Zimmer, who you mentioned in another thread, is someone I think Doug Pederson will give serious consideration for the Jaguars DC opening. Pederson coached against Zimmer in the NFC and knows the challenge of preparing/ defending Zimmer's variety of blitzes.  His variety of Double A Gap blitzes with LBs Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr led to Matthew Stafford taking amongst his worst physical beatings of his long NFL playing career.

(01-11-2024, 03:47 PM)D6 Wrote:

Mike Zimmer, who you mentioned in another thread, is someone I think Doug Pederson will give serious consideration for the Jaguars DC opening. Pederson coached against Zimmer in the NFC and knows the challenge of preparing/ defending Zimmer's variety of blitzes.  His variety of Double A Gap blitzes with LBs Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr led to Matthew Stafford taking amongst his worst physical beatings of his long NFL playing career.

I like Zimmer. Forgot he was still out there. Wouldn't mind this move at all.

(01-11-2024, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 03:47 PM)D6 Wrote: Mike Zimmer, who you mentioned in another thread, is someone I think Doug Pederson will give serious consideration for the Jaguars DC opening. Pederson coached against Zimmer in the NFC and knows the challenge of preparing/ defending Zimmer's variety of blitzes.  His variety of Double A Gap blitzes with LBs Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr led to Matthew Stafford taking amongst his worst physical beatings of his long NFL playing career.

Do we get copyright access to all Hans zimmers songs for team usage

(01-11-2024, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 03:47 PM)D6 Wrote: Mike Zimmer, who you mentioned in another thread, is someone I think Doug Pederson will give serious consideration for the Jaguars DC opening. Pederson coached against Zimmer in the NFC and knows the challenge of preparing/ defending Zimmer's variety of blitzes.  His variety of Double A Gap blitzes with LBs Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr led to Matthew Stafford taking amongst his worst physical beatings of his long NFL playing career.

Me too! so if he likes to blitz actual line backers, I’m all for it. I’d like to see Lloyd chase the qb some.

Seems like everyone is blocking the jags lol

(01-11-2024, 08:53 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Seems like everyone is blocking the jags lol

Sure seems like there's a lot of attempts to pull a lateral move.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Teams hate us