Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
YOU are the GM! Fix the team!

Let me get my controller plugged in. A few sharp movements of the joystick and some well placed button taps and BINGO!! I'm done. Championship!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the most realistic response

Trent Baalke press conference tomorrow at 11:30. Hopefully the local sports reporters ask some tough questions.

(01-22-2024, 09:45 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 09:10 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: 32 - 20 = 12.

Bottom 12.

Not to beat this one to death, but math nerd in me had to point it out:

The 20th best line would be bottom 13, not bottom 12.  There are 12 more teams behind you.

Carry on.

I feel this didn’t get the love it deserved, but I loved it.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 03:44 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-24-2024, 02:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trent Baalke press conference tomorrow at 11:30. Hopefully the local sports reporters ask some tough questions.

Just heard a commercial clip of Mike Dempsey on 1010 posing questions he would ask along the lines of "Who is responsible for the DC hire?  What's the process? etc." in a flabbergasted manner.  My guess is the braintrust structure is intentionally vague to the public so that they don't have to answer to the media about everything.  That's kinda what you get after a clown out attempt.

Also, while listening it occurred to me how many 1010 regular personalities' voices grate on my nerves to varying degrees.  Balou? Trash.  Frangie?  Trash.   Mia? Trash.  Hacker's voice is annoying, but I actually don't mind him so much.  Hays Carlyon?  Trash.  Joe Cowart is ok.

(01-24-2024, 02:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trent Baalke press conference tomorrow at 11:30. Hopefully the local sports reporters ask some tough questions.

He’s announcing his retirement

(01-24-2024, 03:43 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Just heard a commercial clip of Mike Dempsey on 1010 posing questions he would ask along the lines of "Who is responsible for the DC hire?  What's the process? etc." in a flabbergasted manner.  My guess is the braintrust structure is intentionally vague to the public so that they don't have to answer to the media about everything.  That's kinda what you get after a clown out attempt.

Also, while listening it occurred to me how many 1010 regular personalities' voices grate on my nerves to varying degrees.  Balou? Trash.  Frangie?  Trash.   Mia? Trash.  Hacker's voice is annoying, but I actually don't mind him so much.  Hays Carlyon?  Trash.  Joe Cowart is ok.

FWIW 

I know I've posted this recently - but Jeff Lageman and John Oehser (who both get a check from the Jags) have both described the hierarchy as:

Khan at the top
Doug and Trent report individually to, and are accountable to Khan
They are mandated to work together on roster decisions and find solutions
(Ostensibly Dougs more trusted personnel staff and head scouts plus Dougs coaches all give input to steer disagreements toward a consensus - and this parenthetical is my addition)

While nothing was said about staff hires, the protocol league wide has always been that a HC hires his coaches with rare exceptions and we have no credible info to suggest that is not the case for the Jags current and incoming staff

Pretty good chance Trent confirms some version of this stuff tomorrow even if he doesn't go into great detail

(01-24-2024, 03:43 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

I’m an avid listener. I’ve listened to the show ever since they first started at the very beginning. I used to call Pete Prisco and David Lamb. Then I listened to McManus for a while until he folded up shop along with his Australian counterpart, but out of all of them I like Prosser, Dempsey, and McManus.

Hicken don’t have a clue and all he wants to talk about is New York Knicks, New York Mets, and then he talks about the Jets way too much so one day I googled his name to see where he’s from and that’s when I found out he’s from New York and he’s a New York Jets die hard. He slips all the time when he talks about them, by saying something like “how come WE didn’t sign Flacco when Aaron Rodgers got hurt” but then he will quickly correct himself by saying how come THEY didn’t sign Flacco.

Prosser is a Braves fans and also a Falcons fan, but I believe he’s truly a Jaguars fan.

Dempsey stays on topic and talks Jaguars Football 99% of the show which I appreciate. 

Searcy is growing on me because he says things that everyone is thinking. He’s straight up.

Hacker is a male version of Mia and is very commercial oriented.

Mia don’t have a clue and is always promoting things she said on the heels and helmets podcast. 

Joe C sounds like he has a loogie in his throat and never offers anything of substance, he’s a thought generator. He asks questions and then follows it up with we will have to wait and see. 

Never listened to Hays 

Frangie gets turned off as soon as I hear his voice. Tyson Cammmmmmbell. He sounds like he announcing a dog race at the best bet poker room.

Boselli is one of my all time favorite players but he is over valued with the info he offers. When he said Walker Little was the best offensive lineman I knew he was full of it. I will never sniff the hall of fame, but I knew Walker Little would be back on the bench.

"Trent, please calculate pi to 473 digits. I'll wait."

TB: Screw it, I hereby tender my resignation, effective immediately.

(01-24-2024, 05:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:

"Trent, please calculate pi to 473 digits. I'll wait."

TB: Screw it, I hereby tender my resignation, effective immediately.

“Well we saw that he had some explosion in his body”

Chris Jones from chiefs would be awesome. Will be interesting what they do in FA this year.
No Fun

(01-25-2024, 04:48 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Chris Jones from chiefs would be awesome. Will be interesting what they do in FA this year.

Bro that defense would instantly hit different.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 11:30 PM by Caldrac.)

All that money tied up on defense for it to be ranked this pathetically is why Caldwell was fired.

The offense took a step back but the defense fundamentally [BLEEP] the bed on a greater scale.

Very simple numbers game at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The offensive line being the weakest unit with the most cap hit tied to it though is primarily why Baalke should have been shown the door at the beginning of the year.

Giving him another stab at this team to [BLEEP] it over is insane.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Dayum 50+ for boys who couldn’t block a golden retriever