Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa

(01-17-2024, 09:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 03:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: No I get your point. That was Trumps big point was he was fighting for the average American against the crooked establishment that works against them. It's a very attractive proposition for any voter and I think people across the world feel their governments aren't working to help or make their lives better and are only interested in making the rich richer. 

The main reason I wanted to know what people's opinions and how the attitude is in the US with Trump is he made the same promises the first time and some would argue he didn't really fight the establishment. Now some will argue that's the power of the establishment and they're trying to take him down. I'm just curious if his fighting the establishment position was still winning people over.

For the record I agree that the super rich have way too much power and influence over politics and have corrupted the whole system. I'm just not sold that a millionaire/billionaire that's existed in that circle all their life is the person that will change that.

I think the telltale sign that Trump is not part of the establishment is their persecution of him. They HATE him. My take is that he's a full-blown narcissist, and he wants America to look like the country it was when he grew up. He sees it as HIS country and he wants it to be the best, just like he wants his house to be the best or his wife to look the prettiest. I don't think for one second that he cares about the people, but he does want to be loved by them. That happens to benefit me, which is why I think this is why he clashes with the establishment. They have a vision, but he is unyielding. He sees himself as part of that circle, but they reject him, and, because he's a narcissist, he looks for other ways to assert his dominance. 

He would ABSOLUTELY take a deal that benefited him, so long as it fits with the mold of him being top dog and also having the best things. If they kissed his [BLEEP], they could get Trump to do whatever they wanted, but the thing is, they are also full-blown narcissists. They just have way more power and influence. 

The more he fights them, the more it gets exposed, even if he doesn't get anything done. This, in a weird way, is as important as actually making solid reform.

(01-17-2024, 06:37 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I still don't understand how people buy the lie that Trump of all people is an anti-establishment outsider, here's just a list of how established this guy is;

Trump at the world economic forum ( one of the most establishment meetings)
https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/bri...itzerland/

Trump sent his son-in-law to the Bilderberg meeting while president
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/28/kushner-...eting.html

Trumps economic team was loaded with wall street executives he selected  Gary Cohn while he was still president of Golden Sachs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Cohn

Trump has funded both sides of the political spectrum but damn he sure does love some establishment politicians
https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_Donal..._donations

See the post above. He's not an insider. Every President attends the G20 meetings now. People who don't think he does stuff for himself are drinking the Kool-Aid, but I don't care so long as the corruption keeps becoming more and more obvious. You're not going to get that with Haley. She is as insider as they come, and anyone voting for her still doesn't realize the problem. I'm on the fence with DeSantis. He's governed well here.

Haley got rich from the war machine. She sucks

Messages In This Thread
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by EricC85 - 01-15-2024, 09:46 PM
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by p_rushing - 01-15-2024, 10:56 PM
Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by p_rushing - 01-16-2024, 06:58 PM
RE: Fox news reporting Trump wins Iowa - by snarkyguy_he_him_his - 01-17-2024, 09:20 PM
copycat - by copycat - 01-24-2024, 12:25 PM