Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Appearing Confused

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 01:58 PM by The Real Marty.)

Now it's not just Biden appearing confused.  Trump is doing it, too.  Folks, we really need some younger candidates.  Either one of these guys could very well die in office.  Or, worse, we'd have a President with dementia.  

Trump Confuses Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley, Blames the Latter for Jan. 6 Capitol Riot: 'Nikki Haley Is in Charge of Security' (mediaite.com)

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/17485335...ecurity%2F

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If it's appropriate to have a minimum age restriction, it is equally appropriate to have a maximum.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 02:14 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah he gets a pass from me.. Dude is a campaigning machine, coupled with constant fake court hearings and a funeral..

The rinos are reaching, baby!!

[Image: S0a3w.gif]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now it's not just Biden appearing confused.  Trump is doing it, too.  Folks, we really need some younger candidates.  Either one of these guys could very well die in office.  Or, worse, we'd have a President with dementia.  

Trump Confuses Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley, Blames the Latter for Jan. 6 Capitol Riot: 'Nikki Haley Is in Charge of Security' (mediaite.com)

I'm ok with age limits, but this is most likely more fake news. Hundreds of hours of recordings... it's easy to say Nikki Haley (when that's who you've been campaigning against and speaking about), when you mean Nancy Pelosi. That is not an uncommon thing to do. I'd be more concerned if it was constantly reoccurring. Wish you cared this much when Biden was doing that repeatedly.

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now it's not just Biden appearing confused.  Trump is doing it, too.  Folks, we really need some younger candidates.  Either one of these guys could very well die in office.  Or, worse, we'd have a President with dementia.  

You're really reaching, Marty, but we get you.

Eh, compared to what we are seeing from Biden, this is nothing.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 04:02 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-20-2024, 02:56 PM)Jagger Wrote: Eh, compared to what we are seeing from Biden, this is nothing.

The man is 78 years old, overweight, and under enormous stress from all the court cases, in addition to running for President.  He is not looking good these days.  I don't think he's going to make it through a second term.  

And no, I don't think Biden will make it through a second term, either.

Look at Trump in this video.  Does he look healthy?  

Molly Jong-Fast on X: "Donald Trump looks exhausted https://t.co/kw10R7LjCy" / X (twitter.com)

Nobody's going to change their mind on who to vote for over the age/dementia issue. The two candidates are not that different in terms of age and the other differences are just too important.

It's going to motivate people to stay home or vote third party though, which probably helps Trump.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-20-2024, 02:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

You're really reaching, Marty, but we get you.

Just trying to contribute to the discussion.

(01-20-2024, 04:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: Nobody's going to change their mind on who to vote for over the age/dementia issue.  The two candidates are not that different in terms of age and the other differences are just too important.

It's going to motivate people to stay home or vote third party though, which probably helps Trump.

Ya'll better figure something out and fast.. You're fixin' to have another Trump Presidency..

Maybe you and Marty can put a couple of boots on your heads and go picket on some corner somewhere.. 

If I see ya'll out there, I promise to be nice and not laugh that much..

(01-20-2024, 04:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: Nobody's going to change their mind on who to vote for over the age/dementia issue.  The two candidates are not that different in terms of age and the other differences are just too important.

Sadly, Biden and Trump are emblematic of where we currently are as a nation. Both sides have dug their heels in and refuse to budge. In the past, the wings of the parties eventually softened and a few decades of relative calm and normalcy followed. Such as after the late 60s and early 70s. The difference now is technology and social media which bring a constant deluge of political and social bias literally to the palms of our hands. There is no longer an escape.

This is all very new. We are on the cusp of a societal and political evolution which is reshaping global dynamics is ways we can only guess at. Hang on, everyone. The next 20 years are going to be wild.

(01-20-2024, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Sadly, Biden and Trump are emblematic of where we currently are as a nation. Both sides have dug their heels in and refuse to budge. In the past, the Republicans eventually softened and a few decades of relative calm and normalcy followed. Such as after the late 60s and early 70s. The difference now is technology and social media which bring a constant deluge of political and social bias literally to the palms of our hands. There is no longer an escape.

This is all very new. We are on the cusp of a societal and political evolution which is reshaping global dynamics is ways we can only guess at. Hang on, everyone. The next 20 years are going to be wild.

Fixed that for you. Haley would do plenty of softening.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 05:12 PM by mikesez.)

(01-20-2024, 04:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Ya'll better figure something out and fast.. You're fixin' to have another Trump Presidency..

Maybe you and Marty can put a couple of boots on your heads and go picket on some corner somewhere.. 

Maybe.  Why don't you try first and see how it goes?

(01-20-2024, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Sadly, Biden and Trump are emblematic of where we currently are as a nation. Both sides have dug their heels in and refuse to budge. In the past, the wings of the parties eventually softened and a few decades of relative calm and normalcy followed. Such as after the late 60s and early 70s. The difference now is technology and social media which bring a constant deluge of political and social bias literally to the palms of our hands. There is no longer an escape.

Exactly.  Everything you said there is exactly right.

This is why I come here and try to calm y'all down.
Y'all post dumb click bait articles, I try to get you to see the context and calm down about it.

But you think I'm trying to argue for Democrats.  I'm not.  I'm just trying to argue for even headedness.

It's not just the demonizing that's hurting us.  It's also the constant petty attempts at humor.

(01-20-2024, 05:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 04:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll better figure something out and fast.. You're fixin' to have another Trump Presidency..

(01-20-2024, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sadly, Biden and Trump are emblematic of where we currently are as a nation. Both sides have dug their heels in and refuse to budge. In the past, the wings of the parties eventually softened and a few decades of relative calm and normalcy followed. Such as after the late 60s and early 70s. The difference now is technology and social media which bring a constant deluge of political and social bias literally to the palms of our hands. There is no longer an escape.

Y'all post dumb click bait articles, I try to get you to see the context and calm down about it.

But you think I'm trying to argue for Democrats.  I'm not.  I'm just trying to argue for even headedness.

It's not just the demonizing that's hurting us.  It's also the constant petty attempts at humor.

You're not going to change anyone's mind and you definitely don't calm people down. Don't be the board police. 

I take everything with a grain of salt. If I think there is something to it I'll look it up myself. I don't need you or anyone else calming me down or setting me straight.

There's explaining, mansplaining and Mikesplaining, which most of the time can be confused with COMplaining.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 07:35 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-20-2024, 05:41 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 05:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: Maybe.  Why don't you try first and see how it goes?

You're not going to change anyone's mind and you definitely don't calm people down. Don't be the board police. 

I take everything with a grain of salt. If I think there is something to it I'll look it up myself. I don't need you or anyone else calming me down or setting me straight.

That's fine.  You've never been one of the people I worry about.  I mean that with both sincerity and respect.  It's pretty clear your head is screwed on straight.

Anyhow asking a woman to calm down is basically a death wish. A male who doesn't know that usually won't see his 21st birthday.

(01-20-2024, 05:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 04:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll better figure something out and fast.. You're fixin' to have another Trump Presidency..

(01-20-2024, 04:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sadly, Biden and Trump are emblematic of where we currently are as a nation. Both sides have dug their heels in and refuse to budge. In the past, the wings of the parties eventually softened and a few decades of relative calm and normalcy followed. Such as after the late 60s and early 70s. The difference now is technology and social media which bring a constant deluge of political and social bias literally to the palms of our hands. There is no longer an escape.

You’re funny dude.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

After watching the previous presidential debates between these two deteriorate into a geriatric "yo mama" battle I came to the conclusion that this is the best that could be done because this is what most people want; the problem isn't the candidates, the problem is the people. And the people aren't changing.

(01-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: After watching the previous presidential debates between these two deteriorate into a geriatric "yo mama" battle I came to the conclusion that this is the best that could be done because this is what most people want; the problem isn't the candidates, the problem is the people. And the people aren't changing.

We get the government we deserve
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-20-2024, 08:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: After watching the previous presidential debates between these two deteriorate into a geriatric "yo mama" battle I came to the conclusion that this is the best that could be done because this is what most people want; the problem isn't the candidates, the problem is the people. And the people aren't changing.

We get the government we deserve

Exactly.
I just hope my kids get the government they deserve too, you know?