Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Appearing Confused

(01-20-2024, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: We get the government we deserve

Exactly.
I just hope my kids get the government they deserve too, you know?

That would be the hope but I'm not really sure our kids will have much of government at all. 

Hope I'm wrong but I don't see much to be positive about in our current political environment.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2024, 08:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: After watching the previous presidential debates between these two deteriorate into a geriatric "yo mama" battle I came to the conclusion that this is the best that could be done because this is what most people want; the problem isn't the candidates, the problem is the people. And the people aren't changing.

We get the government we deserve

Look on the bright side.  At least we're not getting as much government as we're paying for.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-20-2024, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Exactly.

So you would like your kids to grow up into a government that tries to control 100% of their lives, while dodging pedophile teachers, government officials, Hollywood actors ect.. All while trying to afford a home depot shed to call home..

Because that's what we have now and that's what you'll get with the uniparty.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2024, 09:23 PM by mikesez.)

(01-20-2024, 09:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Look on the bright side.  At least we're not getting as much government as we're paying for.

I know! We're getting tens of trillions of dollars more government than what we've paid for!

(01-20-2024, 09:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.

So you would like your kids to grow up into a government that tries to control 100% of their lives, while dodging pedophile teachers, government officials, Hollywood actors ect.. All while trying to afford a home depot shed to call home..

I want my kids to decide for themselves how the government should work and be able to vote the stinkers out whenever the government fails them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-20-2024, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:13 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Look on the bright side.  At least we're not getting as much government as we're paying for.

I know! We're getting tens of trillions of dollars more government than what we've paid for!

(01-20-2024, 09:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So you would like your kids to grow up into a government that tries to control 100% of their lives, while dodging pedophile teachers, government officials, Hollywood actors ect.. All while trying to afford a home depot shed to call home..

I want my kids to decide for themselves how the government should work and be able to vote the stinkers out whenever the government fails them.

Guess what bud, they won't have that choice with the uniparty still in power. 

What the hell you think we're trying to do with Trump?

And it's not because we like mean tweets.

(01-20-2024, 08:34 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: After watching the previous presidential debates between these two deteriorate into a geriatric "yo mama" battle I came to the conclusion that this is the best that could be done because this is what most people want; the problem isn't the candidates, the problem is the people. And the people aren't changing.

It's not just the people, but you are correct in saying that it's up to the people to stop it, and they are incapable. We have deteriorated moral standards and education so much that people aren't able to utilize their collective strength properly.

(01-20-2024, 09:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: I know! We're getting tens of trillions of dollars more government than what we've paid for!

Guess what bud, they won't have that choice with the uniparty still in power. 

I think the Rubicon is crossed either way.
The executive power is being used to prosecute political opponents. The justification for each prosecution doesn't change the fact that it will only accelerate from here.  It won't stop.  My kids are likely to see major political violence that makes January 6 look like child's play.

(01-20-2024, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

It's not just the people, but you are correct in saying that it's up to the people to stop it, and they are incapable. We have deteriorated moral standards and education so much that people aren't able to utilize their collective strength properly.

The education system is better than ever and morals are getting better.  Divorce, rape, robbery, murder, all on a downward trend.
The problem is we make terrible assumptions about people we don't know, i.e. "oh You're a Republican, so you hate black people" "oh You're a Democrat, you touch kids genitals." We can't trust eachother enough to let each other be in charge of anything.  It's not just government that breaks down with this kind of thinking.  It's society in general.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 12:56 AM by p_rushing.)

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now it's not just Biden appearing confused.  Trump is doing it, too.  Folks, we really need some younger candidates.  Either one of these guys could very well die in office.  Or, worse, we'd have a President with dementia.  

Trump Confuses Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley, Blames the Latter for Jan. 6 Capitol Riot: 'Nikki Haley Is in Charge of Security' (mediaite.com)

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/17485335...ecurity%2F
Wait, did you and all the liberal media just admit that Pelosi was in charge of security? Why didn't Pelosi do something to stop it from happening? I thought it was Trump's fault.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/...7252573457

So either Trump trolled you or Trump's mind is gone but he still trolled you.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 01:03 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-20-2024, 01:56 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now it's not just Biden appearing confused.  Trump is doing it, too.  Folks, we really need some younger candidates.  Either one of these guys could very well die in office.  Or, worse, we'd have a President with dementia.  

Trump Confuses Nancy Pelosi with Nikki Haley, Blames the Latter for Jan. 6 Capitol Riot: 'Nikki Haley Is in Charge of Security' (mediaite.com)

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/17485335...ecurity%2F

Umm...pretty sure that we already do.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-20-2024, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not just the people, but you are correct in saying that it's up to the people to stop it, and they are incapable. We have deteriorated moral standards and education so much that people aren't able to utilize their collective strength properly.

The education system is better than ever and morals are getting better.  Divorce, rape, robbery, murder, all on a downward trend.
The problem is we make terrible assumptions about people we don't know, i.e. "oh You're a Republican, so you hate black people" "oh You're a Democrat, you touch kids genitals." We can't trust eachother enough to let each other be in charge of anything.  It's not just government that breaks down with this kind of thinking.  It's society in general.

Education has fallen out of favor with the Left.  It's called the indoctrination system now.  

You put divorce in the same morals discussion as rape, robbery and murder, yet wonder why nobody gives your comments serious consideration?  I don't even know what to say.

(01-20-2024, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not just the people, but you are correct in saying that it's up to the people to stop it, and they are incapable. We have deteriorated moral standards and education so much that people aren't able to utilize their collective strength properly.

So why can't kids do basic math in their heads?

(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: The education system is better than ever and morals are getting better.  Divorce, rape, robbery, murder, all on a downward trend.

Because they're too busy trying to figure out what [BLEEP] sex they wanna be..

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 12:22 PM by mikesez.)

(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: The education system is better than ever and morals are getting better.  Divorce, rape, robbery, murder, all on a downward trend.

Mine can.  What happened to yours?

(01-21-2024, 11:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

Education has fallen out of favor with the Left.  It's called the indoctrination system now.  

You put divorce in the same morals discussion as rape, robbery and murder, yet wonder why nobody gives your comments serious consideration?  I don't even know what to say.

What do you mean? Are you saying divorce is desirable?

If I make a list of planets, and Mercury and Jupiter are both on my list, does that mean I think they're the same size?

(01-21-2024, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 11:16 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: So why can't kids do basic math in their heads?

Mine can.  What happened to yours?

(01-21-2024, 11:13 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Education has fallen out of favor with the Left.  It's called the indoctrination system now.  

If I make a list of planets, and Mercury and Jupiter are both on my list, does that mean I think they're the same size?

I'm saying that you're clueless about life (and therein lies your problem) if you believe divorce belongs in the same conversation as the other three.

If I make a list of things I find annoying, and you and hemorrhoids are both on the list, does that mean I think hemorrhoids are as annoying as you are?

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 02:47 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2024, 01:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Mine can.  What happened to yours?

I'm saying that you're clueless about life (and therein lies your problem) if you believe divorce belongs in the same conversation as the other three.

If I make a list of things I find annoying, and you and hemorrhoids are both on the list, does that mean I think hemorrhoids are as annoying as you are?

It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 01:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm saying that you're clueless about life (and therein lies your problem) if you believe divorce belongs in the same conversation as the other three.

It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

The point is that it's impossible to have a meaningful exchange when your sense of priorities is so distorted.   Take divorce out the violent crime category and replace it human trafficking and drug dealing.  What's the trend with those crimes?  What about BLM protesters torching buildings and overturning police cars?  Are those actions indicative of the moral standards you claim are improving?  Why do you think retailers are fleeing San Fransisco?

(01-21-2024, 03:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

The point is that it's impossible to have a meaningful exchange when your sense of priorities is so distorted.   Take divorce out the violent crime category and replace it human trafficking and drug dealing.  What's the trend with those crimes?  What about BLM protesters torching buildings and overturning police cars?  Are those actions indicative of the moral standards you claim are improving?  Why do you think retailers are fleeing San Fransisco?

Mikey likes the taste of his own feet..

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 04:37 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-21-2024, 03:37 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

You could have just said "what about human trafficking and drug dealing" instead of going through three iterations of personal attacks.

Human trafficking, by its nature you're not going to find reliable numbers 

Drug dealing, it seems there's about the same or maybe fewer people addicted to illegal drugs, compared to two decades ago, however, the drugs that are out there are an order of magnitude more deadly.  There was a spike in new addictions due to oxycontin marketing but that's back to normal now.  So OK, there's one thing getting worse, due to newly developed synthetic drugs, against four things I mentioned getting better.

As for BLM protests with overturning cars and torching buildings, I haven't heard of anything like that since about January 6, 2021.  Haven't heard about white supremacists doing anything like that recently either (remember Charlottesville?). But yeah.  We definitely had a spike in that kind of thing from about 2017 through the end of 2020.  I wonder what we could blame that on?

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2024, 11:53 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(01-20-2024, 11:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 09:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Guess what bud, they won't have that choice with the uniparty still in power. 

I think the Rubicon is crossed either way.
The executive power is being used to prosecute political opponents. The justification for each prosecution doesn't change the fact that it will only accelerate from here.  It won't stop.  My kids are likely to see major political violence that makes January 6 look like child's play.

LOL. Jan 6th was SUCH a bloodbath. Right up there with Gettysburg and Antiem. Get real.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption