Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Appearing Confused

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 08:15 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2024, 11:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-20-2024, 11:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think the Rubicon is crossed either way.
The executive power is being used to prosecute political opponents. The justification for each prosecution doesn't change the fact that it will only accelerate from here.  It won't stop.  My kids are likely to see major political violence that makes January 6 look like child's play.

LOL. Jan 6th was SUCH a bloodbath. Right up there with Gettysburg and Antiem. Get real.

What's your point? I didn't say it was a bloodbath. I just say it's bad and worse things are coming. Do you think Jan 6th was good? Do you think nothing like that is going to happen again for a long time?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump invited his supporters to Washington on January 6, he gave a speech, told them Mike Pence could stop a constitutionally mandated process, directed them to the Capitol, where they had a riot and stormed the House Chamber. During which time, he sat in the White House and watched it on TV, doing nothing about it for hours.

(01-22-2024, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump invited his supporters to Washington on January 6, he gave a speech, told them Mike Pence could stop a constitutionally mandated process, directed them to the Capitol, where they had a riot and stormed the House Chamber.  During which time, he sat in the White House and watched it on TV, doing nothing about it for hours.

Wow, that's a revisionist timeline if I've ever seen one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-22-2024, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump invited his supporters to Washington on January 6, he gave a speech, told them Mike Pence could stop a constitutionally mandated process, directed them to the Capitol, where they had a riot and stormed the House Chamber.  During which time, he sat in the White House and watched it on TV, doing nothing about it for hours.

Wow, that's a revisionist timeline if I've ever seen one.

Oh really?
Which part didn't happen?
Is any of it out of order?

(01-22-2024, 09:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow, that's a revisionist timeline if I've ever seen one.

Oh really?

Looks accurate to me.

I mean - he did argue with his staff and security folks backstage before and after his speech about marching with the rioters. So he didn't end up back at the White House immediately after riling them up one for time. Secret Service and staffers eventually took him there against his will. 

But when he made it there - he sat at his dining table (threw containers of ketchup at the wall)and watched Fox "News" for 3 hours and 7 minutes while being urged to walk just a few rooms away to the press briefing area and quell the riot. 

He ignored and refused the urgings to brief the press and make remarks on the insurrection activity taking place in his name for 3 hours and 7 minutes. 

Everything you listed prior is also accurate.

(01-22-2024, 10:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 09:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: Oh really?

Looks accurate to me.

I mean - he did argue with his staff and security folks backstage before and after his speech about marching with the rioters. So he didn't end up back at the White House immediately after riling them up one for time. Secret Service and staffers eventually took him there against his will. 

But when he made it there - he sat at his dining table (threw containers of ketchup at the wall)and watched Fox "News" for 3 hours and 7 minutes while being urged to walk just a few rooms away to the press briefing area and quell the riot. 

He ignored and refused the urgings to brief the press and make remarks on the insurrection activity taking place in his name for 3 hours and 7 minutes. 

The feds were already leading the "riot" before Trump said anything about going over there to protest; the Fedsurection was already in full swing. It's ok, we know you squishes can't see beyond what you're told by the MSM.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-22-2024, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 10:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looks accurate to me.

The feds were already leading the "riot" before Trump said anything about going over there to protest; the Fedsurection was already in full swing. It's ok, we know you squishes can't see beyond what you're told by the MSM.

United States vs Meggs
United States vs OBrien
United States vs Tarrio

Odd how in none of these cases (nor in any others) do we find this "an undercover fed told me to do it" defense...

These three individuals all confirmed in court that they interpreted Trump's tweets in December as calls to riot at the Capitol on January 6.

(01-22-2024, 01:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The feds were already leading the "riot" before Trump said anything about going over there to protest; the Fedsurection was already in full swing. It's ok, we know you squishes can't see beyond what you're told by the MSM.

United States vs Meggs
United States vs OBrien
United States vs Tarrio

Odd how in none of these cases (nor in any others) do we find this "an undercover fed told me to do it" defense...

These three individuals all confirmed in court that they interpreted Trump's tweets in December as calls to riot at the Capitol on January 6.

You can always trust sworn testimony my friend.

Sincerely,

Frank Pentangeli

[Image: c60f23ad17cca90f4d4f29d48c28f5c3.jpg]

(01-22-2024, 01:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The feds were already leading the "riot" before Trump said anything about going over there to protest; the Fedsurection was already in full swing. It's ok, we know you squishes can't see beyond what you're told by the MSM.

United States vs Meggs
United States vs OBrien
United States vs Tarrio

What do you expect from the poorly educated?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-22-2024, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 10:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looks accurate to me.

Dude

The Feds have boatloads of intercepted communication from multiple militia groups and domestic terrorist organizations planning their strategy of insurrection for many days ahead of Jan 6 as well as their coms traffic intercepts on the day they trespassed into the Capitol Bldg. 

It is all real - it is all damning - it was not planted by the feds 

I've seen all the made up tripe concerning the left inciting this via implanted feds its and it is garbage. 
Not my fault you want to believe some goober on YouTube or some phony Tucker Carlson dimwitted pawn. 
If you could see beyond the  missing credibility of those you choose to trust - you'd gave a clearer perspective. 

There is real evidence for my version - and zero for yours. Which is usually the case when the right does something stupid and looks to blame it on the feds, Antifa, or their scpapegoat du jour.

(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 01:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'm saying that you're clueless about life (and therein lies your problem) if you believe divorce belongs in the same conversation as the other three.

If I make a list of things I find annoying, and you and hemorrhoids are both on the list, does that mean I think hemorrhoids are as annoying as you are?

It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

If divorce has become less common it's because fewer people are getting married. Now they just live together which doesn't require divorce when they go their separate ways. 

If instances of rape are fewer that's great, but I suspect it's because fewer are being reported. They're grossly underreported anyway. 

I do not believe "crimes of morality" have decreased. I just think people don't see what the point is of reporting crimes that aren't taken seriously in a post-2020/BLM/defund the police America where even serial criminals aren't even seen as criminals anymore. 

I also look around and do not believe moral behavior has swung back into the green. Maybe my definition of moral behavior is different but people are just as bad now as they were 3 years ago in how they treat each other. Definitely worse post-2020. That is a benchmark year for a before and after snapshot of how people behave towards each other. Actually the run up to 2016 falls into that category but I'm not discussing anything Trump related with you.

(01-22-2024, 05:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 02:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's just a list of bad things man. You're making a lot out of very little.  The point is all four things on the list have become less common in the US.  Do you want to discuss if the bad things are becoming less common, or do you want to keep making the thread about me?

If divorce has become less common it's because fewer people are getting married. Now they just live together which doesn't require divorce when they go their separate ways. 

If instances of rape are fewer that's great, but I suspect it's because fewer are being reported. They're grossly underreported anyway. 

I do not believe "crimes of morality" have decreased. I just think people don't see what the point is of reporting crimes that aren't taken seriously in a post-2020/BLM/defund the police America where even serial criminals aren't even seen as criminals anymore. 

I also look around and do not believe moral behavior has swung back into the green. Maybe my definition of moral behavior is different but people are just as bad now as they were 3 years ago in how they treat each other. Definitely worse post-2020. That is a benchmark year for a before and after snapshot of how people behave towards each other. Actually the run up to 2016 falls into that category but I'm not discussing anything Trump related with you.

I was looking more in the 10 to 20 years range.  You're right that things get completely phooey when you only look at right before and right after COVID.

(01-22-2024, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Dude

The Feds have boatloads of intercepted communication from multiple militia groups and domestic terrorist organizations planning their strategy of insurrection for many days ahead of Jan 6 as well as their coms traffic intercepts on the day they trespassed into the Capitol Bldg. 

I've seen all the made up tripe concerning the left inciting this via implanted feds its and it is garbage. 
Not my fault you want to believe some goober on YouTube or some phony Tucker Carlson dimwitted pawn. 
If you could see beyond the  missing credibility of those you choose to trust - you'd gave a clearer perspective. 

There is real evidence for my version - and zero for yours. Which is usually the case when the right does something stupid and looks to blame it on the feds, Antifa, or their scpapegoat du jour.

The biggest threat, according the WEF, is "misinformation" and "disinformation." More than any other issue... not world war... not pandemics, not Trump being elected, not economic disaster, not climate change. Controlling the news. That's their biggest concern for the next 10 years. I'm assuming you believe that's so they can prevent bad stories like this from getting out?

(01-22-2024, 09:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dude

The biggest threat, according the WEF, is "misinformation" and "disinformation." More than any other issue... not world war... not pandemics, not Trump being elected, not economic disaster, not climate change. Controlling the news. That's their biggest concern for the next 10 years. I'm assuming you believe that's so they can prevent bad stories like this from getting out?

Bad stories like what? The WEF calling disinfo a threat? Or various insurrectionists planning their January 6 activities over WhatsApp?

[Image: 422069155_1168771707517881_4259263445465...c998012d5&]

What president hasn't invited supporters to Washington or given a speech?  Your summary identifies one illegal activity, which I've bolded, but as you pointed out, Trump was not present.   Sitting around watching TV and doing nothing about it may not have been good leadership, but it also wasn't a crime.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-22-2024, 09:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 03:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dude

Mis/Dis information was the whole reason we ever ended up with a reality TV real estate con-man as a president.
And now his furthered campaign convincing the easily conned that they can just adopt alternate facts over the past 8 years - has cemented an 8-lane highway-clear-path to allow more disinformation (combined with the evolution of digital info and AI) 

This election cycle will suffer more from propaganda than any in the history of politics due to the convergence of social media dysfunction and a cult figure having effectively conned ~ 60 million Americans that he gives a flying [BLEEP] about their well being and antiquated ideals.

(01-23-2024, 11:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

What president hasn't invited supporters to Washington or given a speech?  Your summary identifies one illegal activity, which I've bolded, but as you pointed out, Trump was not present.   Sitting around watching TV and doing nothing about it may not have been good leadership, but it also wasn't a crime.

That is a persuasive point.  What does the Constitution say we should do when Presidents exhibit particularly bad leadership? We're supposed to impeach them.  Except, when we tried that "my boy" Mitch McConnell said "nah, let's try him in court instead".
So now we are.  And now peanut gallery MAGA folks like you say "nah, that's bad but it's not a crime."
You think people don't see the game you're playing?

(01-23-2024, 11:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I didn't say whether Trump did or did not commit a crime.  

What he did was invite his supporters to come to Washington on the day the vote was supposed to be certified by Congress, then he made a speech to them and told them falsely that Mike Pence had the power to stop the certification, directed them to march on the Capitol, then sat back in the White House watching while his supporters had a riot and stormed the Capitol.  And then he sat there for hours watching it on TV and did nothing about it.

People seem to keep forgetting the SotH has control of what happens at the Capitol. Yes, Trump could have and should have addressed his supporters. We don't know if he wanted to but was told to stand down for whatever reason, or he decided to sit back with popcorn and soda and watch the show.

Ultimately it was Nancy Pelosi's job to get control of the situation and she didn't even seem to bother trying. Pelosi and the Democrats gained a lot by allowing things to unfold and not interfere. Trump and the Republicans gained nothing by letting this happen.

Only one of us on this message board, Eric85, was even there when this happened and he is definitely not a Trump supporter nor a Republican. He's said what he witnessed and the moderates and liberals don't believe him but they'll believe what MSM says happened even though we all know they are biased.

I think both sides are to blame and for anyone to think any differently is burying their partisan heads in the sand.