Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2024, 06:15 AM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1750724497617940850

Check out this guys tweets
Jags twitter seems to think hes Baalke's burner account. Honestly it could be but who knows hah.
It's 100% a Jags/Baalke burner account. Some of the stuff they tweeted that ended up coming true are insane.

And now Josh Allens camp is unhappy that Baalke hasn't even engaged with them in contract talks.

Baalke is on a heater!

So the real question here is if you think Baalke can fix the mess that he himself has created.

He's the one that claims the trenches need to be bigger, stronger and more physical. He signed and drafted these dudes so can he fix his own mistake?

I have zero faith in Baalke.

He may be able to but yeah no confidence from me. Also if he has to tag Allen and screws that up I'm certain that'll piss of the team and Lawrence as well.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 12:17 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2024, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 06:15 AM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1750724497617940850

Check out this guys tweets
Jags twitter seems to think hes Baalke's burner account. Honestly it could be but who knows hah.
It's 100% a Jags/Baalke burner account. Some of the stuff they tweeted that ended up coming true are insane.

And now Josh Allens camp is unhappy that Baalke hasn't even engaged with them in contract talks.

Baalke is on a heater!

Can you post some examples of it being 100% a team official burner account?  I scrolled back pretty far and didn't see anything that agrees with that statement and got tired of scrolling.

Misstep by Baalke during the press conference.  Specifically the "far away" from a contract remark.  All he had to say is "We have not started negotiations yet, but we have a time table for that coming up soon. Next question."

Perhaps they favor just having him prove it again by playing on the tag this year.  They have the leverage by being able to tag him again next year.  Cisco, Little and Campbell are set to hit free agency next year and none of them would get the tag over Allen at this point. Obviously they risk pissing him off and not wanting to sign here, but facing two years on the tag might make him sign a more team friendly deal.

(01-26-2024, 11:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the real question here is if you think Baalke can fix the mess that he himself has created.

He's the one that claims the trenches need to be bigger, stronger and more physical. He signed and drafted these dudes so can he fix his own mistake?

I think maybe you're overreacting a bit.  Sure, we finished 9-8, but I don't see the "mess" that you see.  We need to get bigger and stronger on the line of scrimmage, for sure, but this isn't a bottom-of-the-barrel team.  

Any team that has any weakness, you can say the GM "created that weakness."  And almost every team has weaknesses.

(01-26-2024, 12:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's 100% a Jags/Baalke burner account. Some of the stuff they tweeted that ended up coming true are insane.

Baalke is on a heater!

Can you post some examples of it being 100% a team official burner account?  I scrolled back pretty far and didn't see anything that agrees with that statement and got tired of scrolling.

Misstep by Baalke during the press conference.  Specifically the "far away" from a contract remark.  All he had to say is "We have not started negotiations yet, but we have a time table for that coming up soon. Next question."

Perhaps they favor just having him prove it again by playing on the tag this year.  They have the leverage by being able to tag him again next year.  Cisco, Little and Campbell are set to hit free agency next year and none of them would get the tag over Allen at this point.  Obviously they risk pissing him off and not wanting to sign here, but facing two years on the tag might make him sign a more team friendly deal.

Hardballing the current "Mr. Jaguar" that way would be about the dumbest thing this franchise could do. You piss off a team leader, show the rest of the roster that you don't value them, show the free agent pool that they don't want to come here, show the coaches that you don't care about getting and keeping the best talent, and show the fans that you care more about your own ego than whether or not the franchise is successful.

Therefore I fully expact Baalke to do exactly that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Baalke was well known to be the leak in San Fran.

The second he was gone all leaks stopped.

He's insecure. Which is pathetic since he makes so much money to essentially be a weasel and suck at his job.

Both sides could be right in this but the fact that Allen commented isn't great.

Baalke saying Allen will be a Jag is true, they have the tag, so Allen will be a Jag or won't play.

Allen's agent having no contact isn't great but who knows when they last spoke. You would hope that a discussion date/time has already been set up to discuss where they are at.

One would think every player with an expiring contract would have had a discussion already with the team on the possibility of moving forward.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(01-26-2024, 12:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 12:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Can you post some examples of it being 100% a team official burner account?  I scrolled back pretty far and didn't see anything that agrees with that statement and got tired of scrolling.

Perhaps they favor just having him prove it again by playing on the tag this year.  They have the leverage by being able to tag him again next year.  Cisco, Little and Campbell are set to hit free agency next year and none of them would get the tag over Allen at this point.  Obviously they risk pissing him off and not wanting to sign here, but facing two years on the tag might make him sign a more team friendly deal.

Hardballing the current "Mr. Jaguar" that way would be about the dumbest thing this franchise could do. You piss off a team leader, show the rest of the roster that you don't value them, show the free agent pool that they don't want to come here, show the coaches that you don't care about getting and keeping the best talent, and show the fans that you care more about your own ego than whether or not the franchise is successful.

Therefore I fully expact Baalke to do exactly that.

I don't disagree with any of that.  If they give him the bag and he disappears though the reaction would be "Why on Earth would you not make him prove it again first?"  That's just how this goes.

Off to a good start.

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...kFwSw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-26-2024, 12:25 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/JagsApologist/status...9320496260

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1750712181660807538

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1750713468196393030

https://twitter.com/dawgbrod1/status/149...7774497802

https://twitter.com/dawgbrod1/status/149...2619664385

https://twitter.com/dawgbrod1/status/149...2450442241

https://twitter.com/BrodDawg4/status/174...2746589331

If you search BrodDawg he has like 10 accounts all pro baalke ha

Yeah I looked further at a few of the accounts.  There's plenty of wrong takes in there as well from the little bit I scrolled through, a whole bunch of political stuff too.  I'm not sure how anyone says with any certainty that it's a team burner account and why would a team or staff member or Baalke then veer into politics with the account(s).  It just sounds like Jag's fan who has too much time on their hands for social media and that isn't a fan of worshipping Dilla's takes or the clown out movement.  I fall in to that category to some degree and I'm no Jags message board burner.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 01:32 PM by Cleatwood.)

(01-26-2024, 12:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 11:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's 100% a Jags/Baalke burner account. Some of the stuff they tweeted that ended up coming true are insane.

Baalke is on a heater!

100% maaaaay be a reach lol

But that account is very wild considering the timing of some of the tweets and then the actions of the team.

(01-26-2024, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 11:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the real question here is if you think Baalke can fix the mess that he himself has created.

I think maybe you're overreacting a bit.  Sure, we finished 9-8, but I don't see the "mess" that you see.  We need to get bigger and stronger on the line of scrimmage, for sure, but this isn't a bottom-of-the-barrel team.  

Any team that has any weakness, you can say the GM "created that weakness."  And almost every team has weaknesses.
I don't think I'm overreacting at all.

Do you have faith that Baalke can fix the mess he created?

Can we fire dis fool

So Baalke claims there was no one to sign and a reporter is able to rattle off names of pass rushers. Great.

And then we hear that our best player is unhappy that he hasn't even reached out and is claiming Josh will be a Jaguar next year.

We aren't even to free agency and this clown is [BLEEP] it up for the year.

(01-26-2024, 01:49 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Can we fire dis fool

Balkie is not worried about his job. Also, he can’t be bothered with starting negotiations with the best defensive player on the jaguars.

This might be a dumb question, or just obvious, but why would baalke have a fake twitter to leak his GM moves? Just for attention?

(01-26-2024, 02:06 PM)g1ml3t Wrote: This might be a dumb question, or just obvious, but why would baalke have a fake twitter to leak his GM moves? Just for attention?

No idea if its him and why he would who knows. Him tweeting signings before they were jags and drafted is weird

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1750940718682575012

https://twitter.com/HashTaguars/status/1...2809960499
No Fun

*sigh* We just can’t have nice things.