Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(01-28-2024, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Read it it again, i didnt say you wanted to, i said you would have.  I was one of the ones that wanted to extend Allen last year as well but there is always a limit on any player. So you wouldnt make Allen the highest paid defensive player in NFL history?

There were absolutely a few people that wanted to give Yawn more than what he was offered and he was already offered much more than he was worth, they were saying give him whatever he wants.    I wanted to resign Yawn as well until I seen the contract he turned down yet you were one of the ones that still wanted to give him 20+ and whatever he wanted.  Allen has always been better than Yawn though even before this year, I don't care about the sack numbers

So I didn't want to, but I would have? Makes zero sense.. Why would I make Allen the highest paid player in league history last year if I didn't want to?? You guys wanted to trade him last year before the deadline, but now suddenly he was in the conversation of being the highest paid player this past off season? What mental gymnastics are you trying to use here?

We likely could of extended him at like $16-18m+ per last year, instead we're looking $23-25m+ per now. The team [BLEEP] around and found out. Good for Allen.

Nobody knows truly what Yan was offered, only twitter rumors, so stop with that. Also, you don't care about sack numbers when it comes to Yan, but you care about sack numbers when it comes to Bosa, or other players not named Yan right? Hilarious.
Might want to read the post again.  I don't rember many people at all wanting to trade Allen except maybe a  couple people on here and Tony Wiggins.  I wanted to extend him for the right price.  You dont you know what we could of extended him for last year, none of us do. Try to work out a deal that's good for both sides, make him a top 5 edge and if he's asking to be the highest paid player tag him.  If he has another year like this year then talk again next year.  The tag is there for a reason.  

As far as Yawn, we do know what he was offered.  It wasn't some "rumor" tweet that came from a fan.  Tom Pellisaro reported the offer and Yawn turned it down.  It wasn't long after, he fired his agent when he realized how much money he lost and he made a huge mistake.   Way more than he was worth, we were going to make him the 4th highest paid DE yet he wanted more.   " Pay Yawn whatever he wants" lol

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by flgatorsandjags - 01-28-2024, 11:24 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM