Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(01-30-2024, 12:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 12:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What happens if we look at it more intently?

Wouldn't point that out at you directly, however, just think this fanbase (especially the moral victory crowd that was seemingly okay with finishing 9 - 8 after an 8 - 3 start) should exercise more caution and have higher expectations set for 2024 with the 2025 off season being a big reset potentially if expectations are not met. 

There's a disconnect somewhere in that building and I believe it's obvious and it's not just "journalists and reporters stirring the pot". It's warranted. Based on Baalke's previous stint in San Francisco and Pederson's previous stint in Philadelphia. It is absolutely warranted.

If anyone is OK with the finish to the season, they are pretty complacent. 

I'm not OK with it. 

I just know very well that it has [BLEEP] all to do with Doug and Trent doing separate pressers just like they always do post season. 

It has [BLEEP] all to do with Prisco and Hays looking for something to whine about out.

(BOTH of those reporters BTW were all in on Luke Fortner progressing in year 2 and IOL being "just fine" when the 2023 season began. I know - because I pressed them both on the topic with tweets or calls and they both responded on air by brushing off the 2022 pressure rate given up by LG and Center -  Now they act like Baalke is an absolute demon for not throwing Fortner under the bus in his presser. Laughable drama from these two.)

It has [BLEEP] all to do with Baalke deflecting blame. You know, right after he said point blank to the camera "It starts with me. Look no further than right here." and everyone conveniently ignores that part. Or when he said the team must be managed better. 

It has [BLEEP] all to do with twitter-verse or anyone associated with Josh Allen misinterpreting an obvious attempt at humor from Baalke. "We're pretty far apart - because we haven't started yet." 
Baalke is shady and all - I get that - but he has given me zero reason to think he won't sort out a deal with Allen in due time.
He just got it done with Engram last year and both parties were happy - plus results were better than expected. 
Several other contracts worked by his office have been proper and at times include very team friendly out clauses. 

I'm fine with being concerned about fixing the actual problems with our roster and even questioning Baalke's ability to do so. I'm not 100% confident there. And I think him and the HC really need to come to a new strategy for the OL/run scheme. 

But I don't understand the Jags fanbase getting so caught up in such meaningless details as points of contention. 
Well, I understand, but I'm not going to waste any more of my time explaining why all of that stuff doesn't mean jack [BLEEP].

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by NYC4jags - 01-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM