Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(01-31-2024, 02:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 02:10 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Because at no point in his career has he drafted well. He's a crap evaluator of college talent. He only hits on free agents because *gasp* they've proven to be good.

He's had more luck in free agency here at least for sure. I wouldn't say he's a crap evaluator of college talent. I would say he has a decent eye for defensive talent and has a higher probability of success when selecting defensive players. I can give him credit there. 

It's his inability to find proper offensive players that has plagued him historically. There's a bit of a balancing act that has to be figured out in the NFL and I don't think he has that quality to him and that's what kills my hope for this franchise with him in charge. 

Even if it's a collaboration of sorts, or, a genuine team effort that includes himself, Pederson and his coaching staff making a decision on one player collectively? I just don't think he has it. 

I would like to know who had final say in selecting Strange and Bigsby more than anything. Even if Pederson loved those two players. In my opinion, Baalke's job is to provide final say and determine what's best for the football team. I don't know and we don't know if Baalke maybe wanted a LG there in RD2. Maybe he wanted another Center. 

We simply don't know. We can only go based upon what they tell the public, which, I highly, highly [BLEEP] doubt it's ever really the truth and you'll never really know until once somebody has been [BLEEP] canned and all their dirty laundry gets aired out to the public. 

It's a team failure. Period. I just want to know who had the final say in building the team piece by piece. That's what counts to me.
I can almost guarantee you he will pass over JPJ and other prospects for someone like Guyton due to his size. Then JPJ goes on to be an all-pro while Guyton never figures out how to use his hands properly.

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Cleatwood - 01-31-2024, 02:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM