Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(02-02-2024, 10:20 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: And you are in the "don't bother to read and absorb context - just hyperbolize some bull [BLEEP]" stage apparently.

How is it hyperbole to suggest that Baalke was a failure with the 49ers?  Is it hyperbole to point out that he was directly responsible for the discord and collapse of the Harbaugh era there?

Is it hyperbole to say that this season was the result of his inability to properly evaluate the roster and fill the (very obvious) needs along the OL that we all saw?  How about that he was content to sit on his laurels with 9-8 both in the offseason and at the trade deadline?

Is it hyperbole to point out that many of the same reports about discord in the FO mirror his time in SF?  How hard would it be to believe that he's doing the exact same things he's done before?

This board has a very discernible cycle that happens where we're doom and gloom, followed by optimism, every season.  I'm usually guilty of it too.  This last offseason was the last one where we had justifiable hope, and that's virtually gone now.

Baalke is a millstone around this franchise's neck.  He has been since he was hired.  Not a single other team wants this guy.  This will be his last GM job in the NFL.  I'm not saying he hasn't drafted a few good players--he has, and specifically I think Travon Walker was the right pick in particular.  But I remain unconvinced that he will do the right things to get us anywhere as we squander Trevor's first five years.

If you want to try to put lipstick on the pig, more power to you.  Not like any of our thoughts or feelings will change anything anyway.

The NINERS???

What the [BLEEP] do the niners have to do with our situation??? Seriously! 

Harbaugh??? 

Are we comparing Pederson to Harbaugh???? Really?? 

I'm just giving honest perspective here and it doesn't suit your bias.
 We have zero evidence that there is anything going on between Khan/Baalke/Pederson that in any way resembles the popular interpretations of what happened in SF many years ago. 

Since Baalke arrived in Jax - he has made good moves, and he has made bad moves. 
The results have been much more positive than negative in the W/L column despite the doom and gloom you are stuck in. 
That is a factual statement. 

Baalke is on par with a dozen other middling managers around the league IMO, I don't really care if you all run him out of town. I just prefer to have a clear head about it instead of jumping on the tar and feather bandwagon due to bad information.

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by NYC4jags - 02-02-2024, 10:46 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM