Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2024, 01:05 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-02-2024, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 10:41 AM)MojoKing Wrote: Wait there are actually Pro-Baalke ppl on the mb?

Come on y’all, dude says Fortner is fine and blames our failures on a passive aggressive “systematic” statement.

Dude got an ego the size of Thanos. Nobody should be falling on their laurels saying “9-8 is fine and y’all need to chill”

I haven't seen one single pro Baalke post around here. 

All I'm doing is trying to criticize his actual failures in Jax and recognize the stuff he got right without just parroting a bunch of slander on the guy that makes no sense. 

His biggest failure is not protecting a young QB after 3 drafts and offseasons.
He has acquired several linemen. 
But he got mostly the wrong guys. 

Probably a third of the league owners would have sent him packing this offseason based on that - and I'd be fine if our owner did too. 

I've been screaming for line help for 2 straight years now to the point I'm mocked for it around here. It pisses me off that he hasn't attained a functional line for this team yet. 

I also think he doubled down on some middling fixes to the IDL rather than striving for a real difference maker there. 

Lastly - I despise the positional value of his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round selections last draft when considering our needs. 

Unfortunately - we don't know yet if any of those players may turn out good enough to make that grievance forgivable. (like the ETN pick) 

All the blather about SF is inconsequential to our situation and largely unverified speculation and hearsay anyway. 
I've got enough good and bad to judge the guy on without all that. 

The Fortner talk means nothing. I'll bet $500 Fortner has competition in camp that is 99% certain to take the start. 
And our o-line did in fact systematically fail.

I have given Baalke some fair credit where credit is due around here:

1. He's a better evaluator on defense and has had a historically decent to good track record of drafting players in that regard. Whether here or during his tenure with the 49ers.

2. He's had a decent amount of success in addressing areas of need during free agency. 

3. He's had a fair amount of good looking contracts on paper and his trade abilities are not that bad. Can't fault him for the Ridley trade and the Cleveland trade. He tried.

He just falls short in evaluating the offensive line and finding decent players via the draft offensively when it comes to RB's in particular and he has a bad habit of double dipping or doubling down at positions that are head scratchers on a yearly basis. 

These are areas he can improve, for sure, however, those are some of my positives with him. Matter of fact, I think, what would better serve this franchise, is, an introduction of another EVP of Football Operations. Khan has to get somebody in there that can handle it. He's not a football guy. He's a good owner. He tries. He has vision. He has commitment to this city and I love him for that.

However, he needs a legitimate football guy in his organization that can hold everybody accountable. A tie breaker, a tone setter, a mediator, his eyes and ears to what's really going on in there. Somebody that can get a pulse and keep the blood flowing in the right directions so the body doesn't go limp and the brain doesn't go dead. 

I know I have thrown random names out there. Such as Ozzie Newsome, which, would probably be hard to pry him from Baltimore to begin with. I know he's had Spielman in here before and nothing ultimately came out of that. Hell, here's a name, and maybe he would be willing to do it for a year or two. Bill Belichick. [BLEEP] it, why not? He's not coaching this year. 

Maybe see if he wants to pop on down to Florida for a year or two and be a type of consultant or just fill in at an executive level to provide his wealth of knowledge to Khan and let him know what he sees and thinks. I really think it could do this franchise some good.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM