Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2024, 02:20 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-02-2024, 02:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That's cool.... Doesn't seem like they've talked yet though. Been almost a month since the season was over....

https://twitter.com/1010XL/status/175346...16380?s=20

Baalke botching this entire situation is just another feather in his amazing GM cap.

(02-02-2024, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You have something that states he has pissed off Josh Allen? 

Share it.

That's another garbage narrative that folks have latched on to. 

Some media guy quoted Baalke out of context and got a tweet in response supposedly from someone connected to Allen who understandably took the out of context tweet out of context. 

The man said 7 times Josh Allen will be a Jaguar and he's raved about his play. That's just ridiculous. 
There's five weeks before the tag deadline and the most likely outcome is a tag and a negotiation of a big contract just like we saw last year with Engram. 

If you think they are "off to a bad start" you are buying into some bull [BLEEP]

And - no - I'm not lumping a completely different situation in SF into my judgment of Baalke since he's been here. 
I have plenty to go on that is actually relevant to what is happening. We don't know the actual dynamics of owner/GM/HC all those years ago in SF. We just have 5 different versions of outsider speculation. And it involved a loose cannon in Harbaugh. 

We have a little bit more info to work with here and I'll run with that.
They were off to a bad start last May when they didn't give him an extension.

Then, to not even have conversations with Allen once the season was over, is another bad look. The optics are very bad.

Agreed. Baalke hasn't talked to him, otherwise, why the [BLEEP] would Allen clearly just state this in that above interview? Not a glowing endorsement for Baalke, and, once again, he's going to drag it out, tag him, and then reach a deal while simultaneously [BLEEP] ourselves over with the whole Ridley situation. 

Again, I gave credit where credit is due with Baalke. However, big believer and fan of calling a spade a spade when I see one. This is Baalke fumbling the bag during what many have said and considered the biggest off season for this franchise in decades.

This type of [BLEEP] right here is exactly why I question and will continue to question why Khan won't hire somebody to run this football team and hold people accountable. He needs to get off his [BLEEP], get on the phone or get in Baalke's face and [BLEEP] ear here and ask him what the [BLEEP] hold up is. This is ridiculous. No excuses for dragging something out like this with a cornerstone piece to your franchise.

Just dumb. Dumb and bad practice. "All those rumors are just fluff". Yeah, sure.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8118705]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-02-2024, 02:17 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM