Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(02-27-2024, 02:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...29938?s=20

Seems like Oline might be:

Cam Cleveland Vet Scherff Anton

Yikes

I figured Robinson might be back. Cleveland is still up in the air. I wouldn't hold my breath on a veteran at Center just yet neither. LOL. Baalke and Pederson seem to be in love with Fortner. Of course though, it could all just be fluff. He said "expects" not, "he will be". Leaving that door open for a possibility of them moving on from him.

I am not convinced Scherff is back. Remember, just a few weeks ago he publicly contradicted himself by saying "I like these guys, BUT... we need to get bigger and stronger". So, he knows as well as everybody else knows that he's just fluffing it up right now. 

The combine is what drives a lot of their planning this week and weekend. It gives them a chance to gauge and frame where they can add value to each position for each round and they can either opt to gamble and wait for the draft or decide that it's too risky and begin overspending to land veterans at crucial areas of need.

Nobody knows what he's thinking or what he's up to until we finally start hearing this agent talking to this team or that agent talking to that team next month during free agency. All of a sudden it could be "Robinson is back next year" to "Robinson is cut with them looking to sign a new veteran RT to move Anton Harrison over to LT to maximize his first round contract deal", etc.
I would move on from everyone on the interior but I'm just not sure they're going to do that.

I do believe they will bring in a vet center and maybe that's where they need to get bigger and stronger.

Also seemed like Baalke is leaning heavy on CB in round 1.

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Cleatwood - 02-27-2024, 02:42 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM