Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(02-27-2024, 05:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 04:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I disagree with Walker Little. I think you have to try and maximize him somewhere at some point. He's a former 2nd RD investment now entering year four. He's been kicked around at tackle and guard. If this team is dead set on bringing back Cam Robinson at LT, and, you're invested with a quality 1st RD pick used in Anton Harrison at RT?

Where does that leave Walker Little? A bust of a 2nd RD investment sitting on the bench as a swing tackle? I just can't see it. I can see them trying to make him play LG or maybe even RG while adding a key free agent or draft pick to hold the opposite position down or at least push him, hence, the Javion Cohen selection in RD4 for me out of Miami, FL. 

That is an interesting tidbit though with the play calling. It's at least put out there now and it shows that there's now a true sense of urgency with it being year three for this staff on offense, and, year four for Lawrence. They're going to have to make sure they leave no stones unturned out there or it could very well cost multiple people, if not, the entire staff their jobs in 2024.

Seems like a lot of walking back now though with today's comments. Especially with Pederson. All of a sudden they went from "Press was fine, the offensive line was fine, just needed to stay healthier" as soon as the season ended and the press was in their face in January to, "Press maybe isn't fine, maybe I do need to take the play calling duties back over and maybe the offensive line needs to be looked at more carefully".
Playing Walker Little out of positon does not make the line better.

I know they're bringing back Cam but I would cut him asap. Move Little to LT since he's cheaper and give him a full year to show he is the LT of the future (he played well the first 4 games of the season at LT). They need a new LG, new center and RG (although looks like they may bring Scherff back too).

Anton Harrison is the LT of the future.

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by CanDoBetter - 02-28-2024, 03:31 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM