Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baalke press conference set for 1/25

(02-28-2024, 05:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 04:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we are going by grades your boy Ezra Cleveland was about as bad as Fortner,   Now that's bad.  I've been Littles biggest supporter but his play declined a bit last year.  I do think if we give him a full camp at LT though maybe he can get back to his 2022 form.  Then we don't have a swing tackle if Little or Ton goes down though.  I'd be good with either decision at LT and I'd be good with Harrison at LT as well.  LT on this team is the least of my worries

That's because you don't comprehend nuance in the grading. From weeks 1 to 6 Cleveland was rated at 73.8, which is right in line with his season grade from 2022, so relatively consistent. He broke his foot in week 7 and didn't play again until after he was traded here in week 11, after which it's obvious he wasn't right. It's pretty clear that Baalke brought in an guy who wasn't healthy and that's why it took them so long to get him on the field here. Meanwhile, the guy you're attempting to say is the same graded 44 and 49 respectively in his two years. So, yeah, another stellar example of why should of read before you posted.

Little meanwhile, averaged 70.1 in the first five games before they moved him to guard and got hurt. That number is 2 points better than his rookie year and 9 points better than 2022 when you said he played better. The simple fact is that he's a perfectly fine left tackle and moving him to guard injured him and made this line worse.  They should've cut Robinson last year when they had an out for that ridiculous contract and rolled with Little at tackle all year. It's too bad they're going to double down on that error again this year.
I understand exactly how grading works.  With that said I dont just look at a pff grade to determine if a player is good or not.   I actually watch the games and you can look at the pff grade to determine if it matches the eye test.    This is a what have you done for me lately league.  Scherff was hurt, Little was hurt, Cam was hurt, Ezra was hurt, Hamilton was hurt, Campbell was hurt, they were all hurt.  Most of our oline could play on one leg and be better than Fortner.  Cleveland was horrendous and if he was that hurt he shouldn't of been on the field and hurting the team.    I'd resign Cleveland back depending on the price but I'm not giving him some big contract and it wouldnt stop me from drafting a rookie for him to compete for the LG spot.

Messages In This Thread
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-26-2024, 12:53 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 01-29-2024, 07:27 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-01-2024, 11:15 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-22-2024, 05:36 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 02-28-2024, 12:29 PM
RE: Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by flgatorsandjags - 02-28-2024, 06:40 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Baalke press conference set for 1/25 - by Caldrac - 04-14-2024, 09:37 PM