Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The elites are coming for our coffee!!!!!!!

World Economic Forum elites blasted for talking about climate dangers posed by coffee: 'Hands off'

'Now they're coming for your coffee,' one user warned his X followers after seeing the clip

A video featuring elites at the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, discussing how coffee production contributes to climate change infuriated social media users after going viral.

X users besieged the comment section of a video featuring Swiss banker Hubert Keller telling a WEF panel last week how much CO2 coffee production puts into the atmosphere, warning that "they’re coming for your coffee."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/world-econ...-hands-off
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They already made it more expensive because they had to have ethically sourced, grown by local poor farmers, etc. So now because local and small means more CO2, they want to get rid of it?

Every thing they do is just another step from them banning it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I like the mid level brands like McCafe and Seattle's Best and Aldi.. I don't pay as much as most people for coffee
But
I'd be willing to pay much more if you tried to take it away.
Cold. Dead. Hands.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

non-story

Lots of major coffee roasting facilities have already altered their emissions drastically by altering and updating methods.

More will follow suit.

Prices may rise bit. Just like a thousand other products that aren't sustainable with their current methods of production and distribution. It's just the reality we've put ourselves in by ignoring warnings for 60 years that we were going to drastically alter our planet's livability if we stayed the course. But we did - so now we'll do too little too late and our great, great grandkids will deal with the fallout.

I'm kind of a coffee head myself.. My go to on a normal day is Maxwell House, House Blend.. Not too bad, a little lighter than Columbian (which is also pretty good)..

But when I'm feeling like a coffee snob, I'll brew up either some of my Harry & David Moose Munch or Godiva Chocolate Truffle.

K-Cups for the Maxwell House
Whole Bean for H&D and Godiva..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We drink the Kirkland Signature dark roast. It has loads of body and is much cheaper than the premiums.

I used roasted chicory root and Sumatra in my French Press. I wish I could grow my own coffee beans but the climate is not conducive.

I think if we all quit drinking coffee, we can offset 0.001% of China's pollution impact on the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4DtOhe2LfQ

I grind the beans and make cold brew in the refrigerator. I have a one-gallon glass cold brew dispenser. You grind the beans (coarse grind), fill up the receptacle with the ground coffee, add a gallon of filtered tap water, put it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, and you have very strong, delicious cold brew coffee. It's like rocket fuel.

(01-25-2024, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I grind the beans and make cold brew in the refrigerator.  I have a one-gallon glass cold brew dispenser.  You grind the beans (coarse grind), fill up the receptacle with the ground coffee, add a gallon of filtered tap water, put it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, and you have very strong, delicious cold brew coffee.  It's like rocket fuel.

Do you heat it or drink cold? Cold coffee is something my palate just can’t seem to reconcile. It doesn’t taste bad, but my brain refuses to accept that contradiction of what my tastebuds are conditioned to.

(01-25-2024, 08:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I grind the beans and make cold brew in the refrigerator.  I have a one-gallon glass cold brew dispenser.  You grind the beans (coarse grind), fill up the receptacle with the ground coffee, add a gallon of filtered tap water, put it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, and you have very strong, delicious cold brew coffee.  It's like rocket fuel.

Do you heat it or drink cold? Cold coffee is something my palate just can’t seem to reconcile. It doesn’t taste bad, but my brain refuses to accept that contradiction of what my tastebuds are conditioned to.

This!  As soon as cold coffee touches my tongue my throat constricts and that stuff is spewed right back into the cup.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-24-2024, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We drink the Kirkland Signature dark roast. It has loads of body and is much cheaper than the premiums.

I find DD to also have loads of body.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 09:42 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-25-2024, 08:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I drink it cold.  I mix it 2/3 coffee, 1/3 milk.  

You could microwave it if you wanted to.  

Supposedly, cold brewed coffee is less acidic than coffee brewed with hot water.  I suppose if you make cold brew and then heat it, you would have less acidic hot coffee.  But that's just a guess.

(01-25-2024, 09:35 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We drink the Kirkland Signature dark roast. It has loads of body and is much cheaper than the premiums.

I find DD to also have loads of body.

I totally agree. 

[Image: 21a3c4f287d8a0a090038c91ced2b8dd.jpg]

HA !!! I think this is why I keep coming back to this message board.

you all went from a topic about coffee impacting the environment to coffee preferences to a pic of DDs, all within 1 page of posts ....

(01-25-2024, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: HA !!!  I think this is why I keep coming back to this message board.

you all went from a topic about coffee impacting the environment to coffee preferences to a pic of DDs, all within 1 page of posts ....

That was pretty good, wasn't it?

(01-25-2024, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 09:35 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I find DD to also have loads of body.

I totally agree. 

[Image: 21a3c4f287d8a0a090038c91ced2b8dd.jpg]

Someone like that might have an easier time taking my coffee from me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Finally, common ground for both sides of argument. I like both the left and right equally in this case.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-25-2024, 11:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 10:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: HA !!!  I think this is why I keep coming back to this message board.

That was pretty good, wasn't it?

Anything to distract from this season’s collapse.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

You will drink zee bugs..

[Image: K-Schwab.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]