Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The elites are coming for our coffee!!!!!!!

(01-25-2024, 01:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Finally, common ground for both sides of argument. I like both the left and right equally in this case.

The aesthetic value of symmetry cannot be overstated. 

[Image: Twin-Peaks-coffee-mug-warmer-kids-tazas-...a-Cups.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2024, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We drink the Kirkland Signature dark roast. It has loads of body and is much cheaper than the premiums.

Kirkland coffee is a great everyday go-to drink.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(01-26-2024, 09:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 01:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Finally, common ground for both sides of argument. I like both the left and right equally in this case.

The aesthetic value of symmetry cannot be overstated. 

The beauty of the whole thing is that scaling an assymetrical pair of majestic peaks can have the same or greater levels of invigoration.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-27-2024, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2024, 09:38 AM)Sneakers Wrote: The aesthetic value of symmetry cannot be overstated. 

The beauty of the whole thing is that scaling an assymetrical pair of majestic peaks can have the same or greater levels of invigoration.

An asymmetrical configuration always presents the dilemma of which to scale first.  In either case, I recommend an approach from the south.

(01-27-2024, 09:03 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The beauty of the whole thing is that scaling an assymetrical pair of majestic peaks can have the same or greater levels of invigoration.

An asymmetrical configuration always presents the dilemma of which to scale first.  In either case, I recommend an approach from the south.

The suggestion has always been to initially scale the smaller peak so that the muscles are well stretched and warmed up for the challenge of the larger and fuller mountain. For less capable climbers this also has the benefit of giving an honest evaluation of the climber's endurance, as younger and less experienced climbers are sometimes known to exert all their pent up energies on the lower slopes of the range. Of course, for those who are taking a once in a lifetime excursion, the thought of YOLO and the allure of attacking the largest peak immediately will override the sensibility of a slow and meticulous climb.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2024, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 09:03 AM)Sneakers Wrote: An asymmetrical configuration always presents the dilemma of which to scale first.  In either case, I recommend an approach from the south.

The suggestion has always been to initially scale the smaller peak so that the muscles are well stretched and warmed up for the challenge of the larger and fuller mountain. For less capable climbers this also has the benefit of giving an honest evaluation of the climber's endurance, as younger and less experienced climbers are sometimes known to exert all their pent up energies on the lower slopes of the range. Of course, for those who are taking a once in a lifetime excursion, the thought of YOLO and the allure of attacking the largest peak immediately will override the sensibility of a slow and meticulous climb.

I prefer to do my climbing in the winter.  Regardless of mountain size, the peaks are always most spectacular in the chilly air.  There's also a certain allure in rainy conditions, although the visual impact of cold and dripping wet may be a bit overwhelming for beginners, causing them to prematurely sprint to the finish.  Eventually, with greater experience, they will discover a prolonged journey only enhances arrival at the summit and bringing a can of whipped cream for refreshments is never a bad plan.

(01-27-2024, 11:42 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The suggestion has always been to initially scale the smaller peak so that the muscles are well stretched and warmed up for the challenge of the larger and fuller mountain. For less capable climbers this also has the benefit of giving an honest evaluation of the climber's endurance, as younger and less experienced climbers are sometimes known to exert all their pent up energies on the lower slopes of the range. Of course, for those who are taking a once in a lifetime excursion, the thought of YOLO and the allure of attacking the largest peak immediately will override the sensibility of a slow and meticulous climb.

I prefer to do my climbing in the winter.  Regardless of mountain size, the peaks are always most spectacular in the chilly air.  There's also a certain allure in rainy conditions, although the visual impact of cold and dripping wet may be a bit overwhelming for beginners, causing them to prematurely sprint to the finish.  Eventually, with greater experience, they will discover a prolonged journey only enhances arrival at the summit and bringing a can of whipped cream for refreshments is never a bad plan.

For the longest time, I was not in a position to climb the peaks.  Nor did I even want to.  After making some changes in my lifestyle, I have found it to be quite pleasurable getting back out there to climb some of the peaks out there. Although I thoroughly enjoy the whole landscape.  The valleys offer spectacular view. I’ve also found myself doing a lot more spelunking.   Plenty of landscapes to immerse yourself in.  I’ve had the pleasure of visiting a few of them recently.  Sure, I love the less beaten paths.  But those are often harder to find and cost a little more to get to.  I’ve also had lots of fun at some of the more traveled sites.  Sure, some of them may have had someone carve their name on the back of a bench in the past..other graffiti.  But I also find they can be just as fun sometimes even more fun.