Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deserving of its own thread: Bribery

(01-29-2024, 09:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 04:33 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Shows he doesn't know anyone in the military

I'm from Jacksonville because the half of my damn family is military

What a presumptive dumb [BLEEP] you are

(01-29-2024, 01:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That "modern US military machine" is going to throw a cog when half the rank and file walk off the job. I know you don't accept that result, but when states like Texas are the targets it's unlikely that the troops will just go along with orders to go kill them. They know they can't win and "I was just following orders" went out with Nuremberg.

Good luck with basing your civil war on that hunch

It would only take 1/100th of the US military's nearest assets to quash whatever it is the bunker building militia nuts think they are cooking up - and in no time at all
You don't realize how many guns are in the hands of the people.

You can't win a war like that from the sea or air. Fighting people who are trained is not easy, nor will it be quick. Then depending on how many enlisted or in the state guards refuse to fight or join the people, there may not be enough enlisted or bases left. Sure you can bomb places but that just wrecks stuff and turns more people.

The country doesn't have as many leftists as the media and government makes you think. If there truly was a war, I'm not sure the government ever wins unless it was the leftist ones rebelling.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2024, 10:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 01:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That "modern US military machine" is going to throw a cog when half the rank and file walk off the job. I know you don't accept that result, but when states like Texas are the targets it's unlikely that the troops will just go along with orders to go kill them. They know they can't win and "I was just following orders" went out with Nuremberg.

Yeah I don't think there's a path from "I place razor wire" and "No I remove razor wire" to "hey stop I will shoot you" and "no I shoot you first."

This is mostly theater and bluster about if Article 2 of the US constitution actually means what it says.  There is zero will to follow through on any relevant level.
The state is just arresting them and turning them over to the feds, who then let them go. Not a mile from the park, there are breaks in the wall with no gates and gates without locks. Why does border wall need gates?

It's all a big show. The caravan of invaders was started just in time to reach the border when the convoy protest is supposed to be there. Look for an escalation end of the week that allows the deal to be passed.

(01-30-2024, 02:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 09:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm from Jacksonville because the half of my damn family is military

It would only take 1/100th of the US military's nearest assets to quash whatever it is the bunker building militia nuts think they are cooking up - and in no time at all

You can't win a war like that from the sea or air. Fighting people who are trained is not easy, nor will it be quick. Then depending on how many enlisted or in the state guards refuse to fight or join the people, there may not be enough enlisted or bases left. Sure you can bomb places but that just wrecks stuff and turns more people.

The country doesn't have as many leftists as the media and government makes you think. If there truly was a war, I'm not sure the government ever wins unless it was the leftist ones rebelling.

Once we start seeing politicians get the tar n feathers he'll understand what the "will of the People" actually means. When talking with folks like him I'm reminded just how many Royalists there were the first time around, so it's not surprising that many folks want to keep kissing the boot of D.C. It's just a matter of time before popular sentiment leads to action and then we'll have this thing settled one way or another. I know which way I'm betting.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2024, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 02:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: You don't realize how many guns are in the hands of the people.

Once we start seeing politicians get the tar n feathers he'll understand what the "will of the People" actually means. When talking with folks like him I'm reminded just how many Royalists there were the first time around, so it's not surprising that many folks want to keep kissing the boot of D.C. It's just a matter of time before popular sentiment leads to action and then we'll have this thing settled one way or another. I know which way I'm betting.

Keep your pants on.  Jeez.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-30-2024, 10:02 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Once we start seeing politicians get the tar n feathers he'll understand what the "will of the People" actually means. When talking with folks like him I'm reminded just how many Royalists there were the first time around, so it's not surprising that many folks want to keep kissing the boot of D.C. It's just a matter of time before popular sentiment leads to action and then we'll have this thing settled one way or another. I know which way I'm betting.

Keep your pants on.  Jeez.

Been watching a long time. History constantly repeats itself.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2024, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 10:02 AM)mikesez Wrote: Keep your pants on.  Jeez.

Been watching a long time. History constantly repeats itself.

Exactly, which is why we know Jan 6 was an attempted insurrection.  This moving razor wire around business doesn't correspond to anything important in any civil war or revolutionary history I've read.

(01-30-2024, 02:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 09:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm from Jacksonville because the half of my damn family is military

Yeah - that is complete and utter horse [BLEEP]. 

I know how many idiots have arsenals. My brother is a gun dealer for chrissake. 
I see AR's fly off the shelves constantly. 

I also know that when these idiots start killing other Americans (which is what you morons are fomenting by the way - killing innocent Americans) when they begin doing that there will be PLENTY of ready and willing American armed forces with insanely superior ability and numbers to squash the [BLEEP] out of this garbage uprising so many are stupidly longing for. 

It will be sad if you idiots actually follow through with it because so many will die. 

But you know ... [BLEEP] around and find out.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2024, 03:14 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-31-2024, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 02:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: You don't realize how many guns are in the hands of the people.

Yeah - that is complete and utter horse [BLEEP]. 

I also know that when these idiots start killing other Americans (which is what you morons are fomenting by the way - killing innocent Americans) when they begin doing that there will be PLENTY of ready and willing American armed forces with insanely superior ability and numbers to squash the [BLEEP] out of this garbage uprising so many are stupidly longing for. 

It will be sad if you idiots actually follow through with it because so many will die. 

You don't anything man. You're sad.

You just assume your opinion as fact. It's not.

The soldiers, marines and airmen would take the weapons with them. what about that do you not get? They would claim allegiance and then take the weapons to the rebels. Learn some history

(01-31-2024, 03:13 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - that is complete and utter horse [BLEEP]. 

You don't anything man. You're sad.

The soldiers, marines and airmen would take the weapons with them. what about that do you not get? They would claim allegiance and then take the weapons to the rebels. Learn some history

LOL

Laughable. 

How are these soldiers you ignorantly assume will decide to wage war against innocent Americans instead of following orders to quell domestic terrorists going to walk off with UAVs, Apache helos, armored vehicles, Bradley's, Abrams' etc?? That [BLEEP] will never happen. Not even mentioning the manned fixed wing aircraft. 

This isn't some bad war movie, kid. 

Deserters don't have the luxury of arming themselves by just stealing the things that will make the US military impossible for a redneck revolution to even dream of facing. Even if they somehow steal away with an M4. 

I can't believe people actually entertain these notions.

(01-31-2024, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 03:13 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: You don't anything man. You're sad.

LOL

Laughable. 

How are these soldiers you ignorantly assume will decide to wage war against innocent Americans instead of following orders to quell domestic terrorists going to walk off with UAVs, Apache helos, armored vehicles, Bradley's, Abrams' etc?? That [BLEEP] will never happen. Not even mentioning the manned fixed wing aircraft. 

Deserters don't have the luxury of arming themselves by just stealing the things that will make the US military impossible for a redneck revolution to even dream of facing. Even if they somehow steal away with an M4. 

You are refusing to see the truth.

Most of the military hasn't seen actual combat. The ones who have seen combat are conservative and would not be firing on Americans. You may get some support, logistics, or grunts who are crazy to fire on Americans but most will not.

You also don't know how difficult a civil war would be. The US is huge and the entire military couldn't end some terrorist in hiding in the mountains. If there was large scale combat, how do you expect people that have no experience fighting to be able to take out top level US soldiers and all the retired ones.

This becomes a bloody, long battle. That doesn't even begin to talk about what would happen with states and how most of the military bases are in conservative states.

(02-02-2024, 02:29 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Laughable. 

You are refusing to see the truth.

Most of the military hasn't seen actual combat. The ones who have seen combat are conservative and would not be firing on Americans. You may get some support, logistics, or grunts who are crazy to fire on Americans but most will not.

You also don't know how difficult a civil war would be. The US is huge and the entire military couldn't end some terrorist in hiding in the mountains. If there was large scale combat, how do you expect people that have no experience fighting to be able to take out top level US soldiers and all the retired ones.

This becomes a bloody, long battle. That doesn't even begin to talk about what would happen with states and how most of the military bases are in conservative states.

You live in a fantasy world

You've got it all backwards. 

You're referring to the US Military "firing on Americans" when referencing our gov't ending some domestic terrorist uprising. 

If those right wing idiots are ever stupid enough to start their precious little civil war so they don't have to be OK with the Barbie movie - then they are NOT Americans anymore. They are traitors killing Americans. 
That's the "plan" the mouth breathing gun nut morons are trotting out there. 
Removing the left from power and "getting rid of democrats." Violently. Killing Americans. You think the US military will stand idly by and watch that because a few sympathizers walk off the job? 

So when you dream up some fantasy wherein "conservative" members of the military won't act upon Americans killing other Americans - you are dreaming. They literally signed up to protect our Constitution against domestic threat. It's in the damn oath they took to swear in. 
There may be some percentage of deserters and that's fine. Weed out the weak. But there are enough of these men and women that take their oaths seriously. 

And the intelligence is already robust on every little wanna be militia group with any semblance of organization thanks to January 6th. The military won't need your conservative deserters to carry out precision UAV strikes on their little fear bunkers and make shift armories. They'll be affectively neutered and scattered within 24 hours with limited ability to communicate or coordinate. 

So what's the plan then? 

A bunch of unorganized lone wolf gunmen wandering America with supplies from their back yard bunkers trying to liberate the country from the evil democrats? Are they gonna just kill anyone that drives a hybrid? What's the plan on eradicating the country of only the bad liberals once the uprising is a chaotic mess with no direction?

(02-02-2024, 09:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 02:29 AM)p_rushing Wrote: You are refusing to see the truth.

You live in a fantasy world

You've got it all backwards. 

You're referring to the US Military "firing on Americans" when referencing our gov't ending some domestic terrorist uprising. 

If those right wing idiots are ever stupid enough to start their precious little civil war so they don't have to be OK with the Barbie movie - then they are NOT Americans anymore. They are traitors killing Americans. 
That's the "plan" the mouth breathing gun nut morons are trotting out there. 
Removing the left from power and "getting rid of democrats." Violently. Killing Americans. You think the US military will stand idly by and watch that because a few sympathizers walk off the job? 

So when you dream up some fantasy wherein "conservative" members of the military won't act upon Americans killing other Americans - you are dreaming. They literally signed up to protect our Constitution against domestic threat. It's in the damn oath they took to swear in. 
There may be some percentage of deserters and that's fine. Weed out the weak. But there are enough of these men and women that take their oaths seriously. 

And the intelligence is already robust on every little wanna be militia group with any semblance of organization thanks to January 6th. The military won't need your conservative deserters to carry out precision UAV strikes on their little fear bunkers and make shift armories. They'll be affectively neutered and scattered within 24 hours with limited ability to communicate or coordinate. 

So what's the plan then? 

A bunch of unorganized lone wolf gunmen wandering America with supplies from their back yard bunkers trying to liberate the country from the evil democrats? Are they gonna just kill anyone that drives a hybrid? What's the plan on eradicating the country of only the bad liberals once the uprising is a chaotic mess with no direction?
Depending on the level, you either have organization or you have none. You keep thinking like you will have this enemy to fight. You would most likely have a bunch of separate stuff happening at once and you can't fight that. Then if the states organize, it's over and you either destroy every city in the country or everyone agrees to break apart.

A single militia could be stopped but you can't stop something where people with guns take up arms and start protecting their neighborhoods. If everywhere you go, you face people willing to die, you can't win without destroying everything.

So, if states secede from the United States, what happens to the Social Security payments the old folks are getting? Or Medicare? Are the seceding states going to pick up those payments?

This thread has taken a preposterous turn. I guess it's fun for the sake of theoretical discussion, but as earnest debate, it's getting ridiculous.

(02-03-2024, 09:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread has taken a preposterous turn. I guess it's fun for the sake of theoretical discussion, but as earnest debate, it's getting ridiculous.

Yup.  Lie down with dogs, wake up with traitorous scum who would rather kill their neighbors than hear any more about the family on the other side of town with the trans teenager.

Actually, that's harsh. They wouldn't kill anyone.  They just want to fantasize about it because it makes them feel tough.  We're still at least one generation away from having any mass of people who actually accept this nonsense as something more than macho mythology, who might actually shoot someone over it.

(02-03-2024, 03:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 09:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread has taken a preposterous turn. I guess it's fun for the sake of theoretical discussion, but as earnest debate, it's getting ridiculous.

Yup.  Lie down with dogs, wake up with traitorous scum who would rather kill their neighbors than hear any more about the family on the other side of town with the trans teenager.

Actually, that's harsh. They wouldn't kill anyone.  They just want to fantasize about it because it makes them feel tough.  We're still at least one generation away from having any mass of people who actually accept this nonsense as something more than macho mythology, who might actually shoot someone over it.

I think the people have a legitimate gripe on their hands, but it's not with the trans teenager on the other side of town. It's the collective effort to force feed these kids woke-ism in our public schools, which has always been the case.. 

I don't care about Mikey with the wang who dresses like a Victoria Secret model.. I care that they're not pushing their ideals on innocent minds.

Now, you really wanna piss that crowd off? Tell them that they're wrong for the way they want their children raised. I believe that's the pushback that you're seeing.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

This has gone off the deep end but I'll play. 

Only the far, far right wants any kind of civil war and that's only if things go really sideways. I'm talking those who make moderate Libertarians look like they're left of center, or those who like the 'romance' of it. I've watched videos of some of the so-called militia groups in this country and they should be embarrassed. It's been a minute since I was active duty Army and I have more military bearing and discipline than these folks. I do believe there are militia groups who would absolutely cause problems and they would not be so easy to shut down in their own environment.

Anyone who doesn't believe there would be fractures in our military if domestic terrorists were their neighbors...you know nothing. In fact, if you haven't actually served you know nothing but that's a different conversation. Yes, we take an oath to defend the country against all enemies both foreign and domestic, but killing folks in the U.S. is very different than going to the Middle East or some other foreign country. There are folks who couldn't pull the trigger over there and you think they would do it here? 

If I were still AD and things went sideways and my unit was ordered to fire on Americans, unless there was credible intel that a group was a clear and present danger or an imminent threat, I would question it. Anyone who doesn't think this way shouldn't have a weapon and damn sure doesn't belong in the military. Orders that don't fit the above parameters shouldn't be followed. This is true for foreign and domestic situations. 

I'll also say this; I don't care how many people in your friends and family network have served in the military, if you haven't served you don't know [BLEEP]. I'm both a veteran and was married to a career soldier and even those two worlds are completely different. The spouses don't know a damn thing other than what their role is - support. 

This was especially true during 9/11 when everything hit the fan. We were in Germany and I was married to an MP SSG and his unit had very specific orders. The spouses had to bring certain things to our soldiers and there was a possibility that we wouldn't be able to to leave post to go back home due to the threat condition. I packed a go bag and my husband's stuff and was fully prepared to stay while the other wives were saying the Army couldn't tell them what to do and they'll do what they want. That might be true here in the U.S. but not in a foreign country. 

My point is, these women lived and breathed the Army because of their husbands' jobs and they didn't know [BLEEP] so don't say you know something just because your whole family served. Mine did too and I didn't know [BLEEP] until I served.

(02-03-2024, 08:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This has gone off the deep end but I'll play. 

Only the far, far right wants any kind of civil war and that's only if things go really sideways. I'm talking those who make moderate Libertarians look like they're left of center, or those who like the 'romance' of it. I've watched videos of some of the so-called militia groups in this country and they should be embarrassed. It's been a minute since I was active duty Army and I have more military bearing and discipline than these folks. I do believe there are militia groups who would absolutely cause problems and they would not be so easy to shut down in their own environment.

Anyone who doesn't believe there would be fractures in our military if domestic terrorists were their neighbors...you know nothing. In fact, if you haven't actually served you know nothing but that's a different conversation. Yes, we take an oath to defend the country against all enemies both foreign and domestic, but killing folks in the U.S. is very different than going to the Middle East or some other foreign country. There are folks who couldn't pull the trigger over there and you think they would do it here? 

If I were still AD and things went sideways and my unit was ordered to fire on Americans, unless there was credible intel that a group was a clear and present danger or an imminent threat, I would question it. Anyone who doesn't think this way shouldn't have a weapon and damn sure doesn't belong in the military. Orders that don't fit the above parameters shouldn't be followed. This is true for foreign and domestic situations. 

I'll also say this; I don't care how many people in your friends and family network have served in the military, if you haven't served you don't know [BLEEP]. I'm both a veteran and was married to a career soldier and even those two worlds are completely different. The spouses don't know a damn thing other than what their role is - support. 

This was especially true during 9/11 when everything hit the fan. We were in Germany and I was married to an MP SSG and his unit had very specific orders. The spouses had to bring certain things to our soldiers and there was a possibility that we wouldn't be able to to leave post to go back home due to the threat condition. I packed a go bag and my husband's stuff and was fully prepared to stay while the other wives were saying the Army couldn't tell them what to do and they'll do what they want. That might be true here in the U.S. but not in a foreign country. 

My point is, these women lived and breathed the Army because of their husbands' jobs and they didn't know [BLEEP] so don't say you know something just because your whole family served. Mine did too and I didn't know [BLEEP] until I served.

So when former and current members of special ops from two different branches say they would never fire on Americans it means nothing because I personally didn't serve? That makes no sense.

(02-04-2024, 03:55 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 08:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This has gone off the deep end but I'll play. 

So when former and current members of special ops from two different branches say they would never fire on Americans it means nothing because I personally didn't serve? That makes no sense.

Likely she was not addressing you.

You're absolutely right.  A backwoods militia could create a whole dogpile of problems and complications for everyone, and a lot of folks in the military would refuse orders in all but the most egregious scenarios.  It would solve nothing for anyone.  It would be an indefinite stalemate.

That's not what people are really scared of.  

The real fear is not that soldiers will refuse orders.  It's that they will reject the legitimacy of their leadership and follow different orders instead.  That those who are sent to disarm and arrest the militia instead join and donate arms and supplies to the militia.  It's a much less likely scenario but people think about it because of how catastrophic it would be, not how likely it is.