Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Democrat hit squad has been deployed

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 07:17 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-14-2024, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 03:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Oh you champion of the weaker sex.... what would they do without you. Democrats do tend to be emotionally motivated.  A recent study that came out in 2022 confirms this. They value emotional function over practical function. Coincidentally, they are also less emotionally functional. Shocker. I'd post it for you, but we all know nobody here reads studies.

I'd love to see the study hope there is a source or other red herring I can use as an excuse to keep arguing my point.

Ftfy. 

Here's a link to the study that you'll "read." 

Do liberals value emotion more than conservatives? Political partisanship and Lay beliefs about the functionality of emotion | Motivation and Emotion (springer.com)

TLDR Version: The study posits that beliefs about the functionality of emotions can significantly influence decision-making processes. Specifically, individuals who view emotions as functional are more likely to experience emotions intensely and express them more freely. For liberals, who generally see emotions as more functional than conservatives, this perception could lead to decision-making processes that are more informed by emotional responses. This is because they are less likely to suppress their emotions, allowing these feelings to guide their judgments and actions. Thus, the belief in the functionality of emotions, more prevalent among liberals according to the study, could result in a decision-making style that is more empathetic and attuned to individual needs and justice, reflecting their prioritization of individualizing values over binding ones.

Interestingly, the study found that more liberal participants reported less well-being compared to more conservative participants, challenging the expectation that greater well-being would correlate with viewing emotion as more functional. Despite this, more liberal participants still viewed emotion as more functional, indicating that their beliefs about the functionality of emotions were not simply a reflection of their own emotional well-being. Think about that for a second.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 07:54 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

Thank you for posting the study for our resident feminist. Emotional voters are the entire reason this country is in the state it is in. Any reasonable person knew life was better under Trump, but ironically ended up electing an even bigger divider than they thought they were replacing.

Biden voters should be ashamed of themselves.

(02-14-2024, 07:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'd love to see the study hope there is a source or other red herring I can use as an excuse to keep arguing my point.

Ftfy. 

Here's a link to the study that you'll "read." 

Do liberals value emotion more than conservatives? Political partisanship and Lay beliefs about the functionality of emotion | Motivation and Emotion (springer.com)

TLDR Version: The study posits that beliefs about the functionality of emotions can significantly influence decision-making processes. Specifically, individuals who view emotions as functional are more likely to experience emotions intensely and express them more freely. For liberals, who generally see emotions as more functional than conservatives, this perception could lead to decision-making processes that are more informed by emotional responses. This is because they are less likely to suppress their emotions, allowing these feelings to guide their judgments and actions. Thus, the belief in the functionality of emotions, more prevalent among liberals according to the study, could result in a decision-making style that is more empathetic and attuned to individual needs and justice, reflecting their prioritization of individualizing values over binding ones.

Interestingly, the study found that more liberal participants reported less well-being compared to more conservative participants, challenging the expectation that greater well-being would correlate with viewing emotion as more functional. Despite this, more liberal participants still viewed emotion as more functional, indicating that their beliefs about the functionality of emotions were not simply a reflection of their own emotional well-being. Think about that for a second.

I buy that.  Did it break down emotionality by gender?  Were people self-reporting their beliefs about the functionality of emotions?  A man knows that stereotypically he's not supposed to react emotionally, so we know that he will self report that he does not, even if he does.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Huh. That's weird. I thought you were going to read that study.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 10:18 PM by americus 2.0.)

(02-14-2024, 06:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 03:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Oh you champion of the weaker sex.... what would they do without you. Democrats do tend to be emotionally motivated.  A recent study that came out in 2022 confirms this. They value emotional function over practical function. Coincidentally, they are also less emotionally functional. Shocker. I'd post it for you, but we all know nobody here reads studies.

I'd love to see the study.

All you have to do is listen to them. Everything is about feelings. I'm a relatively sensitive natured person and the lefty liberals make me look like a mindless robot in comparison. I do know democrats who are not emotional voters but I don't know a single liberal who isn't, and I have known many.

(02-14-2024, 09:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Huh. That's weird. I thought you were going to read that study.

Lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't remember the % but I believe it was over 50% of liberal women have been treated for mental/psychological issues.

Women are coming back to Trump because they do most of the shopping. The single, liberal women won't ever vote for Trump but they won't be needed. Women are also waking up to the brainwashing they constantly receive. If black women finally realize what is being done to them, the democrats won't have enough people in the US to create enough fake ballots.

If the cheating can be stopped or lessened in the swing states, it's a runaway. If the cheating is stopped everywhere, then many blue states are flipped.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(02-14-2024, 10:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I can't remember the % but I believe it was over 50% of liberal women have been treated for mental/psychological issues.

Women are coming back to Trump because they do most of the shopping. The single, liberal women won't ever vote for Trump but they won't be needed. Women are also waking up to the brainwashing they constantly receive. If black women finally realize what is being done to them, the democrats won't have enough people in the US to create enough fake ballots.

If the cheating can be stopped or lessened in the swing states, it's a runaway. If the cheating is stopped everywhere, then many blue states are flipped.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Thus the reason for the wide open border. They are playing the long game.