Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most combined tackles in a single game in franchise history?

I was reading an old article from October 15, 2002 and it said Wali Rainer had 22 combined tackles against the Tennessee Titans, which is the 2nd most tackles in a single-game in franchise history.

However, I went to Pro Football Focus and it shows Rainer had 13 combined tackles in that game.

Here is the link: go down to “Notes From Titans Game” and you’ll see whoever wrote the article from the Jaguars website said Wali Rainer had 22 tackles (9) solo and it ranks him with the 2nd most tackles in a single game. That would mean he had 13 assisted tackles which would be crazy. I’m over here wondering who has more than 22??

https://www.jaguars.com/news/game-six-ja...ns-5848305

I know Pro Football Focus misses stats here and there: for example Fred Taylor had a 78 yard touchdown reception against the Ravens in week 3, which was his 1st career start, but Pro Football Focus only credited Taylor with 1 rushing TD, even though he scored twice in that game.

A quick search shows Derek Cox has the most solo tackles in a single-game with 16. Paul Posluszny, Rayshawn Jenkins and Foyesade Oluokun are tied with the most combined tackles in a single-game with 18. Rayshawn Jenkins has the most assisted tackles in a single-game with 9.

Does anyone know who holds the team record for most combined tackles in a single-game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2024, 02:14 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Derek Cox ?

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-ar...-in-a-game

That’s what I was saying in the post.

(02-11-2024, 11:58 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I was reading an old article from October 15, 2002 and it said Wali Rainer had 22 combined tackles against the Tennessee Titans, which is the 2nd most tackles in a single-game in franchise history.

However, I went to Pro Football Focus and it shows Rainer had 13 combined tackles in that game.

Here is the link: go down to “Notes From Titans Game” and you’ll see whoever wrote the article from the Jaguars website said Wali Rainer had 22 tackles (9) solo and it ranks him with the 2nd most tackles in a single game. That would mean he had 13 assisted tackles which would be crazy. I’m over here wondering who has more than 22??

I know Pro Football Focus misses stats here and there: for example Fred Taylor had a 78 yard touchdown reception against the Ravens in week 3, which was his 1st career start, but Pro Football Focus only credited Taylor with 1 rushing TD, even though he scored twice in that game.

A quick search shows Derek Cox has the most solo tackles in a single-game with 16. Paul Posluszny, Rayshawn Jenkins and Foyesade Oluokun are tied with the most combined tackles in a single-game with 18. Rayshawn Jenkins has the most assisted tackles in a single-game with 9.

Does anyone know who holds the team record for most combined tackles in a single-game?

Teams statisticians are always known to inflate tackle numbers. Their stats aren't official.

Fred, by the way, had the 78 yrd TD reception against the Ravens in week 8 not week 3.

It's mentioned here saying it happened in the previous week in the week 9 article about facing the bengals.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jacksonvill...-6-5850041

(02-13-2024, 07:22 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 11:58 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I was reading an old article from October 15, 2002 and it said Wali Rainer had 22 combined tackles against the Tennessee Titans, which is the 2nd most tackles in a single-game in franchise history.

Teams statisticians are always known to inflate tackle numbers. Their stats aren't official.

Fred, by the way, had the 78 yrd TD reception against the Ravens in week 8 not week 3.

It's mentioned here saying it happened in the previous week in the week 9 article about facing the bengals.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jacksonvill...-6-5850041

Good lookin Predator. 

There is another example that I had a couple days ago where a player had an official stat on NFL.com but PFF didn’t record that particular stat, but it slipped the membrane, but I use PFF at times bc they are more accessible for certain things. 

Looks like Wali Rainer doesn’t hold the record, which makes the article from 2002 false. Working on a little something something that I know everybody will love, so I appreciate the confirmation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!