Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars 2023 Play of the Year

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 11:47 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 4 times in total.)

Add your plays of the year for offense and defense.

Here are a few candidates:

-Engram with the OBJ 1 hand-catch against the Colts as he comes down with the football and gets hit and maintains control of the football

-Oluokun with the “user pick”pick-6 against Saints in PrimeTime as he scores his 1st career TD with the nation watching 

-Zay Jones climbs the stairs as he goes up top to snag a TD on the fingertips vs Bills 

-Etienne with a 62 yard scamper to the house  vs Panthers as the Jaguars got back on track with a dub

-Kirk goes Primetime in down in Bayou as he cut the secondary up on his way to the endzone down in New Orleans 

-Lawrence throws a diaper dime to Ridley against Titans 

-Buster Brown got some beads thrown his way in N’oleans as he rejected them to save the game as he defended a would-be TD to help seal the win

-Ridley gets 2 for the price of 1 when he scores a TD and the next play he scores a 2 point conversion to put the Jaguars up on the Texans 21-14

-Lawrence throws a disappearing football @ Texans which goes between 2 defenders and ends up in Ridley’s hands for a 1st down 

-Josh Allen and Travon Walker join forces to get a sack late in the 4th quarter on Stroud to help seal a much needed victory over the Texans

-Etienne with a huge 4th quarter TD that went for 35 yards vs the Bills in London

-The “Cross Bar” said not today my boy, when the football bounced off the cross bar as the Texans attempted a 58 yard game-tying FG with :33 left in the 4th quarter in a 24-21 win

-Darius Williams hits the “triangle button” against Bills’ QB Josh Allen and altered the game as he gets a huuuge interception in London

-Walker with the 100% effort play as he dives on a loose ball and recovered a fumble with :13 left in the 4th quarter which ended all hope for a comeback for Bills’ QB Josh Allen. 

-Ross Matisik with the “hit stick”, forced fumble, and fumble recovery, and credited with 1 tackle all on the same play. This put him in his 1st career pro bowl and all pro selection, which also makes him the best long-snapper by default in Jaguars History. It was also in a win against the division-rival Tennessee Titans.

My nominees are for 2023 Plays of the Year are:

Defense - Walker and Allen joined forces to sack CJ Stroud in week 12

Offense - Kirk with the TD reception in New Orleans 

Special Teams - who else? Boss Ross with the hit stick that changed his life forever

I know there are plenty more, maybe we can narrow it down for offense, defense, and special teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

These all are very good. A personal favorite of mine this season was when TLaw hit Ridley against the Bills for a first down to ice the game. I was at that game with some crazy loud Bills fans behind us. I thought that was a great win and a big time play considering Trevor didn’t play very well the London game the year prior.

The botched QB sneak on 4th down against the tacks.  Stupid from every angle.

Honorable mention: Pedersen forgoing a FG attempt TWICE in the tacks loss and putting the team in a situation where only a TD and 2pt conv could tie. Please leave that crap at the gambling table next season.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

That Kirk Td was great to watch

All of Lawrence's plays leading up to the ankle injury against the Bengals. The one play that could have been massive was the bad snap that Lawrence heaved up that Ridley had a chance to haul in. That game had us on the cusp of fighting back and being that same team from 2022, and it all came crumbling down after that ankle injury. It was all downhill from there.

If we win that game? We're in the play-off's easily I think. I am hoping that game is something we see out of Lawrence in 2024 at least seven or eight times. Minus the injury of course. That's the game you expect to see out of a Generational talent and that should be the Gold standard for him moving forward. Just give the kid time. That's all I am asking for this off season. Fix this line. Give him time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM by Mikey.)

The defining play of the season:

4 5:44 3 11 CIN 23 28 28 Trevor Lawrence sacked by Trey Hendrickson for -7 yards

We were 8-3. Hendrickson walks past a gimpy Little and Lawrence is hurt on the play. McManus misses the subsequent FG. We end up in OT, and lose. From that point on, the line appeared worse, Trevor appeared shaken, and the team struggled the rest of the way, ultimately missing the postseason. This was also the game we made Jake Browning look like Pat Mahomes, which said everything that needed to be said about the D.

It summarized the entirety of the year in one miserable sack.

(02-14-2024, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: All of Lawrence's plays leading up to the ankle injury against the Bengals. The one play that could have been massive was the bad snap that Lawrence heaved up that Ridley had a chance to haul in. That game had us on the cusp of fighting back and being that same team from 2022, and it all came crumbling down after that ankle injury. It was all downhill from there.

If we win that game? We're in the play-off's easily I think. I am hoping that game is something we see out of Lawrence in 2024 at least seven or eight times. Minus the injury of course. That's the game you expect to see out of a Generational talent and that should be the Gold standard for him moving forward. Just give the kid time. That's all I am asking for this off season. Fix this line. Give him time.

....and here's the lesson to read the entire thread before posting.

Kinda sucks we share the same brain. Quit hogging it, I could use some wisdom every now and again!

Keeping it on track with some plays of the year nominees. I think we all agree Matisik has the special teams play of the year. Any other defensive plays out there you would like to mention?