Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What I remember the most about Valentines day.........

Remember the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre!!!!

The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre shocked the world on February 14, 1929, when Chicago’s North Side erupted in gang violence. Gang warfare ruled the streets of Chicago during the late 1920s, as chief gangster Al Capone sought to consolidate control by eliminating his rivals in the illegal trades of bootlegging, gambling and prostitution.

St. Valentine’s Day Massacre - Victims, Evidence & Suspects | HISTORY
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 12:53 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-14-2024, 12:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Remember the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre!!!!

The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre shocked the world on February 14, 1929, when Chicago’s North Side erupted in gang violence. Gang warfare ruled the streets of Chicago during the late 1920s, as chief gangster Al Capone sought to consolidate control by eliminating his rivals in the illegal trades of bootlegging, gambling and prostitution.

95 years ago they called it the St Valentine's Day Massacre.  Today, they call it just another day of life in Chicago.

On a side note, I recently watched a couple of good YouTube documentaries on the Easter Rising (Irish vs British Rule in Ireland).

(02-14-2024, 12:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-14-2024, 12:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Remember the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre!!!!

95 years ago they called it the St Valentine's Day Massacre.  Today, they call it just another day of life in Chicago.

On a side note, I recently watched a couple of good YouTube documentaries on the Easter Rising (Irish vs British Rule in Ireland).

Sad but true........ The same thing is happening in other large urban areas
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I'm old enough to have seen the Saint Valentines bullet ridden red brick wall in person. Of course it was at the Mobster Museum in Las Vegas. I'm a sucker for Mafia, gangster history. You heard me right, Bugsy.

(03-30-2024, 06:45 PM)Sammy Wrote: I'm old enough to have seen the Saint Valentines bullet ridden red brick wall in person. Of course it was at the Mobster Museum in Las Vegas. I'm a sucker for Mafia, gangster history. You heard me right, Bugsy.

You ever watch Michael Fanzese on youtube?  He has some great stories.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-30-2024, 06:45 PM)Sammy Wrote: I'm old enough to have seen the Saint Valentines bullet ridden red brick wall in person. Of course it was at the Mobster Museum in Las Vegas. I'm a sucker for Mafia, gangster history. You heard me right, Bugsy.

Drifter was old enough to be alive when it happened.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Morte Alla Francia Italia Anela

"Death to The French is Italy's Cry"

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]