Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WHO chief's dire warning...... Since not enough Sheeple fell for the COVID BS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2024, 03:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Remember when we couldn't take Ivermectin because it did nothing, but Paxlovid, a new and very expensive drug, was going to actually help us?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2309003

Yeah. Didn't do nothing. I seriously can't believe that folks can't see how our treatment and guidelines were not DIRECTLY affected by profit.

Annnnnnd, the counter points since you didn't bother to post that from the same issue of the NEJM.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2402224

"Clearly, the benefit observed among unvaccinated high-risk persons does not extend to those at lower risk for severe Covid-19. This result supports guidelines that recommend nirmatrelvir–ritonavir only for persons who are at high risk for disease progression."

In other words, it works on the groups of people the prescribing guidelines said it would.

https://paxlovid.pfizerpro.com/access-su...lsrc=aw.ds

[font=Inter]PAXLOVID is indicated for the treatment of mild-to-moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in adults who are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.[/font]

[font=Inter][font=Inter]Limitations of Use [/font]PAXLOVID is not approved for use as pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis for prevention of COVID-19. [/font]

Neat how that works!

I also found it interesting that the study you posted is one funded and led by the evil corporate monsters at Pfizer and you were quick to jump in and endorse the outcomes. It's seems so out of character for such awful people to create such a thing since all scholarship is corrupt and lacking integrity, but for you to believe them? Astonishing really. 

Why do you think Pfizer would publish a study with these results rather than quash them? Because the drug does what it's supposed to do but, according to this study, doesn't treat Covid-19 in all circumstances. Like they said when it came out. Or in other words, you don't just give drugs willy nilly because it might work like people proposed with the Ivermectin claims.

(04-14-2024, 08:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1779...uy6AQ&s=19

They are still out there mutating, but fortunately through the combination of evolution, broad exposure and mass vaccination we've reached the point where the virus is far less dangerous than it was a few years ago. Might as well ask where all the variants of the Spanish Flu are, they're out there...just not a direct mass threat any longer. That people use stuff like this to try and score points against the people who said this is what happens is kinda silly...but here we are in clown world!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Did you try to miss the point or is this just reflexive at this point?

(04-14-2024, 10:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Did you try to miss the point or is this just reflexive at this point?

The point was explained in my post, reflexive would be your leap to a study that doesn't say what you said it says put out by people you say lie about everything.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The point I was making was that anyone could get paxlovid from their doctor, and I know many people who asked for it, despite not really being a risk factor. Btw, according to Pfizer, if you take in their risk recommendation, it includes 75% of the population. That's convenient. The CDC did not make nearly a big of deal of the same type of folks who wanted paxlovid as a precaution as they did about Ivermectin. Why? Because it was generally regarded as safe, and doctors were free to make the choice they thought was good for their patient without fear of castigation with regards to paxlovid. I tried to find numbers that supported the "off-label" use of paxlovid, but it's not recorded anywhere, even though it was definitely used liberally.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-14-2024, 04:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The point I was making was that anyone could get paxlovid from their doctor, and I know many people who asked for it, despite not really being a risk factor. Btw, according to Pfizer, if you take in their risk recommendation, it includes 75% of the population. That's convenient. The CDC did not make nearly a big of deal of the same type of folks who wanted paxlovid as a precaution as they did about Ivermectin. Why? Because it was generally regarded as safe, and doctors were free to make the choice they thought was good for their patient without fear of castigation with regards to paxlovid. I tried to find numbers that supported the "off-label" use of paxlovid, but it's not recorded anywhere, even though it was definitely used liberally.

Paxlovid had studies that demonstrated efficacy, Ivermectin did not. That's the "why".

That's not true. Ivermectin, early on, also had studies that showed it worked. In retrospect, these studies were likely dependent on people having parasites, which made it irrelevant for western medicine, but there were definitely studies that showed it worked. There was also evidence it had antiviral effects, but that was on cell cultures which is fundamentally different than how it functions within the body. It's also a Nobel-winning drug that has an extremely safe track record. It's been given to over a billion people on the planet over the last 35 years. Furthermore, Ivermectin is a protease inhibitor, which is the same mechanism Paxlovid uses to suppress replication of the virus if detected soon enough. Even though they use different methods of achieving this, the theory was the same for both drugs. ALL of that is logical reason not to freak out about people using Ivermectin.

I would love to see a study done on ivermectin that mirrored the study they just released on Paxlovid.

The flu hit me harder then covid did ( apart from the first time )

I have had the jab plus a booster but will not be getting anything further apart from maybe my yearly flu jab as that is rampant atm.

Each time I have had covid symptoms have gone less and less to the point of last time it was just a really annoying and persistent cold for 4 days.