Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson vs DeAndre Hopkins

Who's better?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You will get some biased answers here. I think Allen Robinson has not hit his ceiling yet.

I may get a lot of heat on this but currently I say Hopkins, however ARob will only get better as well. Arob is in  a better situation with Blake & Co compared to Hopkins so I could see ARob proving(again?) that hes a beast this season.

Is this a push off competition?

Huh

Quote:Is this a push off competition?

A push off is cheating.

At this very moment I think Hopkins is a little better due to him being more polished but I see Robinson overtaking him soon. By the end of the year Robinson will be in the elite category.

If we do win ~9 games the national perception will change for a few of our guys.

Quote:A push off is cheating.

I laughed.

This is so hard to answer based on who Hopkins has had as his QB. Hopkins has played with pure TRASH QBs and still produces. Not to mention he is the only threat on that team WR or TE wise, and has been for a couple years. Arob has the luxury of playing with great talent at QB, WR, and TE. Although I would say it is obvious Arob can get much better. After the end of this year I think we would have a better idea on who is better. 

Quote:This is so hard to answer based on who Hopkins has had as his QB. Hopkins has played with pure TRASH QBs and still produces. Not to mention he is the only threat on that team WR or TE wise, and has been for a couple years. Arob has the luxury of playing with great talent at QB, WR, and TE. Although I would say it is obvious Arob can get much better. After the end of this year I think we would have a better idea on who is better. 

That was last year. By all accounts draft picks Will Fuller and Braxton Miller are very talented receivers who will help Brock Osweiler spread the ball around.

Hopkins slightly better now.

Robinson slightly more upside.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

The plus side is I have both of them in my main fantasy league Big Grin So hopefully they both keep it up.

Hopkins

Quote:Hopkins slightly better now.

Robinson slightly more upside.

That's how I see it.

Hopkins now, Robinson is closing the gap.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

ARob will be better than Hopkins after this season

Quote:ARob will be better than Hopkins after this season

Maybe during it.

So?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2016, 05:27 AM by RedRooster28.)

ARob and it's not close.

Put ARob on a Texas team with other weapons and he'd be dominant. Put Hopkins in a Jags jersey and he'd be flagged for 100 yards a game.

God help him the calls he was begging for tonight, ARob has to bring a police report of mugging to the league office for them to acknowledge it probably wasn't a fairly called play.

Quote:ARob and it's not close.

Put ARob on a Texas team with other weapons and he'd be dominant. Put Hopkins in a Jags jersey and he'd be flagged for 100 yards a game.

God help him the calls he was begging for tonight, ARob has to bring a police report of mugging to the league office for them to acknowledge it probably wasn't a fairly called play.
I agree that ARob has been on the short end of the penalty stick this season so far. I think that will start to even out later though.

I don't agree with your first part as its worded though. Makes it seem like we don't have any other good weapons which we have more than Houston.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I agree that ARob has been on the short end of the penalty stick this season so far. I think that will start to even out later though.

I don't agree with your first part as its worded though. Makes it seem like we don't have any other good weapons which we have more than Houston.

I think on paper it's fairly even, but their other weapons are rookies so they're unproven. I don't think they'll stay unproven though. 

Quote:I agree that ARob has been on the short end of the penalty stick this season so far. I think that will start to even out later though.

Yeah my post was poorly worded. I didn't mean to suggest we don't have other weapons, which we clearly do. I meant in a hypothetical, put ARob on a Texas (Houston or Dallas-either way large market is the key) team and provided he's not the ONLY weapon, he'd be dominant. But put Hopkins on our squad and see how quickly he stops getting the benefit of calls.