Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Arizona @ Houston

Quote:He is a pusher. Same as Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, pretty much every wide receiver that's had a great career...

I've seen a lot of great WRs play in my life. Jerry Rice, Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Allen Robinson, etc. The list goes on and on. Out of all of those guys the thing that always stuck out to me was that they got separation early in routes for the most part. Sure some of them were excellent at also going up and getting the ball when they're well covered (Moss and Robinson particularly stick out to me for this) and pushing a guy off somewhat is going to occur sometimes. However, I can't remember anyone I've ever seen that seemed to rely so much on pushing guys off of him at the catch point in his route as Hopkins. I just can't think of a guy that does what he does as being great. Lots of production, sure, but great isn't how I see him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:11 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:I've seen a lot of great WRs play in my life. Jerry Rice, Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Allen Robinson, etc. The list goes on and on. Out of all of those guys the thing that always stuck out to me was that they got separation early in routes for the most part. Sure some of them were excellent at also going up and getting the ball when they're well covered (Moss and Robinson particularly stick out to me for this) and pushing a guy off somewhat is going to occur sometimes. However, I can't remember anyone I've ever seen that seemed to rely so much on pushing guys off of him at the catch point in his route as Hopkins. I just can't think of a guy that does what he does as being great. Lots of production, sure, but great isn't how I see him.

That is why I said Hopkins is overrated. If you have to push off to get separation, you aren't a top five receiver.

Quote:I've seen a lot of great WRs play in my life. Jerry Rice, Jimmy Smith, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Allen Robinson, etc. The list goes on and on. Out of all of those guys the thing that always stuck out to me was that they got separation early in routes for the most part. Sure some of them were excellent at also going up and getting the ball when they're well covered (Moss and Robinson particularly stick out to me for this) and pushing a guy off somewhat is going to occur sometimes. However, I can't remember anyone I've ever seen that seemed to rely so much on pushing guys off of him at the catch point in his route as Hopkins. I just can't think of a guy that does what he does as being great. Lots of production, sure, but great isn't how I see him.
LOL...Allen Robinson is NOT a GREAT WR....yet.  One season doesnt make a GREAT WR.   You cannot mention Robinson with those other names.  

Quote:That is why I said Hopkins is overrated. If you have to push off to get separation, you aren't a top five receiver.
That may be the DUMBEST statement I've EVER read about a football player.   ALL great WRs push off.......the greatest ones don't get called for it.

Quote:LOL...Allen Robinson is NOT a GREAT WR....yet.  One season doesnt make a GREAT WR.   You cannot mention Robinson with those other names.  

No, Robinson belongs with those names.

"Robinson was also just the fourth player since the 1970 merger to have at least 1,400 receiving yards, 14 touchdown catches, and an average of at least 17.5 yards per catch in a season, joining Hall of Famer Jerry Rice and future Hall of Famers Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson. What’s most impressive is that Robinson and Rice are the only players to achieve that feat in their second seasons."

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-is-...?a=viewall

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:38 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:No, Robinson belongs with those names.

"Robinson was also just the fourth player since the 1970 merger to have at least 1,400 receiving yards, 14 touchdown catches, and an average of at least 17.5 yards per catch in a season, joining Hall of Famer Jerry Rice and future Hall of Famers Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson. What’s most impressive is that Robinson and Rice are the only players to achieve that feat in their second seasons."

Allen Robinson needs to reach his ceiling before his name can be listed with theirs.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 06:45 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

I guess I didn't catch the excellent reading skills by MissJagsFanatic in time before the post was completely changed about Calvin Johnson. Reading is fundamental. 'FUTURE' Hall of famer. 

Anyway, AR15 Is a beast and in terms of his numbers at this point in his career, you can all but say he is going to be elite. Hopkins does not give me that feel, and as others stated he is a push off machine, more than any receiver I see that gets away with it on a regular basis. 

They were all pushers. Randy Moss would send you into the locker room. You're crazy.

Quote:No, Robinson belongs with those names.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-is-...?a=viewall
ONE YEAR.   Look at Hopkins first 3 years.  They are compared to those Hall of Famers.

Quote:I guess I didn't catch the excellent reading skills by MissJagsFanatic in time before the post was completely changed about Calvin Johnson. Reading is fundamental. 'FUTURE' Hall of famer. 

Anyway, AR15 Is a beast and in terms of his numbers at this point in his career, you can all but say he is going to be elite. Hopkins does not give me that feel, and as others stated he is a push off machine, more than any receiver I see that gets away with it on a regular basis. 
Homer Glasses.  Hopkins' numbers are BETTER than Andre Johnson numbers in his first 3 years.  Allen needs to do it more than ONE season.

LOL.......Brock lite it up.

At least be somewhat honest.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2016, 01:49 PM by cland.)

I know Brock looks to be showing out, but I just wish the Texans could upgrade from DeAndre Hopkins, to me he looks like Just A Guy. /s

Hopkins is good but he gets away with push offs a lot. And I don't mean the hands casualty brushing the defender, I mean deliberate noticeable force.

I do not want to play against Clowny... I know it was a preseason game but he was abusing the Cards oline

Quote:I do not want to play against Clowny... I know it was a preseason game but he was abusing the Cards oline
Yup, that's a guaranteed 2 losses right there for the Jags after the offensive line performance on Sunday.

Quote:That may be the DUMBEST statement I've EVER read about a football player. ALL great WRs push off.......the greatest ones don't get called for it.
this a fact some people are just off the charts at subtle hand placement micheal irvin has a elbow nudge on nearly every route he understood ok if i dig the elbow in on my setup wen i break i can nudge him just enough if the balls thrown in front noones catchin it but me

Quote:this a fact some people are just off the charts at subtle hand placement micheal irvin has a elbow nudge on nearly every route he understood ok if i dig the elbow in on my setup wen i break i can nudge him just enough if the balls thrown in front noones catchin it but me

Great WRs and great DBs do a lot of pushing and grabbing - mostly unseen by the zebras. It happens on both sides on every play.

Quote:Great WRs and great DBs do a lot of pushing and grabbing - mostly unseen by the zebras. It happens on both sides on every play.

I compare it to the Offensive Line, there is holding on almost every single down.  It's how blatant the holding is, in terms whether the ref will throw a yellow flag.