Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did you know - RB edition

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 01:04 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

The running back position is not known for having big numbers in the receiving game, but since 1995, the Jaguars have only had 1 RB go over the 100 yard receiving mark in a single-game. 

Maurice Jones-Drew had 113 receiving yards vs the Vikings in 2008. 

Here are franchise leaders for the top 5 most receiving yards by a RB in a single-game:

1. Jones-Drew - 113
2. Jones-Drew - 96
3. F. Taylor  - 95
4. Jones-Drew - 91
5. Jones-Drew - 87

Fred Taylor, Chris Ivory, and Maurice Jones-Drew hold the franchise record for receptions by a RB in a single-game, with 9 receptions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And for reference, ETN's best receiving yardage game came this year against Pit with 3 rec for 70 yards including that long TD. He had two games this year with 5 rec (Indy #1 and Ten #2)
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He was special and one of the few charismatic players we’ve had here. I wish he didn’t go up against 8 man fronts every snap I’m his tenure, I bet he would’ve passed Fred in Yards had he had an actual team around him.

Thing that rarely happens has rarely happened. Tune in at 11 for more.

(02-27-2024, 09:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Thing that rarely happens has rarely happened. Tune in at 11 for more.

Do you have some insider info?

(02-27-2024, 08:36 AM)MojoKing Wrote: He was special and one of the few charismatic players we’ve had here. I wish he didn’t go up against 8 man fronts every snap I’m his tenure, I bet he would’ve passed Fred in Yards had he had an actual team around him.

I imagine he'd have like two hundred-yard receiving games if we had decent QB play around him.

(02-27-2024, 09:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Thing that rarely happens has rarely happened. Tune in at 11 for more.

If you only knew what was in the works you wouldn’t be such a geezer. 

It’s happened once in Jacksonville Jaguars History.

(02-27-2024, 05:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

If you only knew what was in the works you wouldn’t be such a geezer. 

I love seeing RBs heavily involved in the pass game.

I really thought we'd see more of it from Pederson with ETN. I hope we do see it soon. 

My comment was in jest - poking fun at the topic - meant to be lighthearted.

(02-27-2024, 10:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 05:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you only knew what was in the works you wouldn’t be such a geezer. 

I love seeing RBs heavily involved in the pass game.

I really thought we'd see more of it from Pederson with ETN. I hope we do see it soon. 

My comment was in jest - poking fun at the topic - meant to be lighthearted.

I read it wrong. Long day…

I agree it would be nice to get a back like Etienne more involved in the passing game with some well timed screens.

(02-28-2024, 10:47 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: NYC4jags

I agree it would be nice to get a back like Etienne more involved in the passing game with some well timed screens.

It would be nice if we had an offensive line capable of blocking for said screens lol.

(02-28-2024, 11:08 AM)g1ml3t Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 10:47 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: NYC4jags

It would be nice if we had an offensive line capable of blocking for said screens lol.

We bout to get active in the draft. Peepin that center in round 1.

Lets go back to being a physical team and having a stacked defense.

(03-01-2024, 09:39 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Let’s go back to being a physical team and having a stacked defense.

Need a disrupter at DT and another DE that can give you about 6 to 7 of them thangs. 

If Josh has another year like 2023 and Walker can get 3 to 4 more in year 3, and Darius and Campbell play sticky d, the Jaguars could have the best defense in the league. I think Johnson will take Jenkins’ spot and be more productive.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 06:42 PM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

I hope we have two new starting corners honestly
Draft pick plus a FA.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 07:18 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-27-2024, 07:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The running back position is not known for having big numbers in the receiving game, but since 1995, the Jaguars have only had 1 RB go over the 100 yard receiving mark in a single-game. 

Here are franchise leaders for the top 5 most receiving yards by a RB in a single-game:

1. Jones-Drew - 113
2. Jones-Drew - 96
3. F. Taylor  - 95
4. Jones-Drew - 91
5. Jones-Drew - 87

Fred Taylor, Chris Ivory, and Maurice Jones-Drew hold the franchise record for receptions by a RB in a single-game, with 9 receptions.

Assuming here that these were the years when we were actually able to execute a screen play for decent YAC. Maurice was very good at this (ETN should be great at this). Not so much now, tho we now seem to excel at giving up big yards to RB screens.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 12:45 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-01-2024, 07:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 07:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The running back position is not known for having big numbers in the receiving game, but since 1995, the Jaguars have only had 1 RB go over the 100 yard receiving mark in a single-game. 

1. Jones-Drew - 113
2. Jones-Drew - 96
3. F. Taylor  - 95
4. Jones-Drew - 91
5. Jones-Drew - 87

Assuming here that these were the years when we were actually able to execute a screen play for decent YAC. Maurice was very good at this (ETN should be great at this).  Not so much now, tho we now seem to excel at giving up big yards to RB screens.

We run a gazillion bubble screens so other teams have a lot of practice against this type of play. Additionally we had issues blocking players a couple feet in front of our guys. How could they block anyone in space?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-01-2024, 07:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

1. Jones-Drew - 113
2. Jones-Drew - 96
3. F. Taylor  - 95
4. Jones-Drew - 91
5. Jones-Drew - 87

Assuming here that these were the years when we were actually able to execute a screen play for decent YAC. Maurice was very good at this (ETN should be great at this).  Not so much now, tho we now seem to excel at giving up big yards to RB screens.

Agreed. I remember in the mid-90’s the Jaguars had the best “screen game” in the NFL with James Stewart -whadda woderful widerful day *Berman

I hope they lean on Etienne even more this season. Dude is a game breaker.

Random stat of the day: Etienne is already tied for 3rd in franchise history for most 2 point conversions.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2024, 03:14 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good chance with Etienne entering his fourth year on his rookie deal that they figure out a way to run him into the ground and incorporate him more in the passing game. Bigsby will replace him in 2025, (Or 2026 if they choose to tag him) or another rookie that Baalke drafts this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-06-2024, 03:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Good chance with Etienne entering his fourth year on his rookie deal that they figure out a way to run him into the ground and incorporate him more in the passing game. Bigsby will replace him in 2025, (Or 2026 if they choose to tag him) or another rookie that Baalke drafts this year.

I really like Ray Davis's highlights out of Kentucky, but I also don't want to see "RB to the Jags" come up on the ticker before the 5th round and I don't think he'll last that long.

(03-06-2024, 03:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Good chance with Etienne entering his fourth year on his rookie deal that they figure out a way to run him into the ground and incorporate him more in the passing game. Bigsby will replace him in 2025, (Or 2026 if they choose to tag him) or another rookie that Baalke drafts this year.

They said the opposite.  They want to reduce his carries and keep him fresh and I agree.  If we make the playoffs we will need him fresh.  I think Tank will be better this year to help with that.  If we fix the oline of course.  If we roll out the same oline I have no faith